CSLers - Have you got a CO yet? - (lets see how fast this system is)

TraceyT

Hi,

I am a Non CSL with a CO and am wondering how fast the DIAC are getting through the CSL applications. It would be really helpful to us in priority 5 to see how fast they are working through priorities 1-4. Would you please put below your timeline, particularly when you applied and when you got a CO.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey x

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest33730

This is my first post on pomsinoz because my application only went in yesterday to Melbourne office for a RSMS visa (but non CSL). I have a job offer as a church minister in Gawler - I will let you know when we get a CO and then the further developments from then. I haven't sent in meds etc yet as I have been advised to hang off until a CO appointed due to a couple of 'exceptional circumstances' on my application.

will keep you posted on progress.

Guest Luke Brown

I' a Feb 09 CSL applicant but still no case officer :-(

Not sure if it makes any difference that I only submitted my IELTS score (which as an accountant moves me up onto CSL list) at the start of September? They say it should be in date of lodgement order so that to me is Feb?

Guest teresa01

I am on the CSL and applied for a 175 in Late July, we are living in Adelaide on a student visa, meds requested straight away (which I belive is normal if living in Oz), applied for a SA sponsorship 3 weeks ago, still awaiting the outcome. 175 application awaiting case officer.

Truely gutted for the people whom have been affected by the recent change, I sincerely hope that they review the situation and do the right thing!!!

I am on the CSL and applied for a 175 in Late July, we are living in Adelaide on a student visa, meds requested straight away (which I belive is normal if living in Oz), applied for a SA sponsorship 3 weeks ago, still awaiting the outcome. 175 application awaiting case officer.

Truely gutted for the people whom have been affected by the recent change, I sincerely hope that they review the situation and do the right thing!!!

Teresa

Thank You even though these changes will possibly help your application timeline its good that you have time to feel for others

WJK

Thanks for all those who have replied so far. It will give us a clearer indication of how far along the CSL apps they are.

Keep them coming.

Tracey x

My timeline is below, I think the latest 175 CSL (P4) apps being allocated are from May, that only seem to have started this week but there have been quite a few already.

I'm really sorry for the people who've been so badly hit by the changes and hope it works out.

Guest Magnetic6

Tracey

I think this is a great idea for a thread and hopefully will start to make people feel a little optimistic again! Good luck to everyone caught up in this mess,

Natalie x

Guest needingtogo

Hi TraceyT,

Think the latest news is shocking for all and especially for those so close to nearing the completion. I do hope they move us CSLs along quick and get yours processed along with them. Sent you a quick message on your profile. Actually have had some contact back from CO now so things moving along just waiting on meds. Am a 176 CSL with a CO already (see timeline below).

Bex.x

Guest biohacker

01/01/2004 Decided to move to OZ; 18/03/2009 Applied for skills asessment ACS; 30/04/2009 Positive Skills Asessment; 25/07/2009 Application received - processing commenced; 25/07/2009 Application fee received; 15/09/2009 Application being processed further; 21/09/2009 Confirmation of job references started

Guest guest17301

One of my colleagues received her 175 pre grant letter today, she is a nurse on CSL who applied in Feb 09. Probably insignificant but her case was very compex as she had to have docs translated/prove de-facto status for her ptr still in home country etc.....

I have a feeling all CSL applicants are being fast -tracked. Good for us and maybe a glimmer of hope for the non CSL's too. Maybe DIAC are working hard to clear the backlog of priority occupations in demand before the CSL changes and gives them an even bigger workload?

Guest guest33730

Hey Tracey,

Not sure if this is helpful but as I said in my post earlier my application for a RSMS visa only went in yesterday. We put it in at the same time as the ENS bit from the church asking for federal approval of the position that had already received state approval - Anyway the church already received an email TODAY (i.e. 24hrs after the application went in) that the position has been approved and that they will now be considering my application as the 'nominee'. I realise that this is not helpful to all of you who have applied for other visa types (which I was going to) but it does show that they are working at breakneck speed in the department on the priority cases which will hopefully then have a knock on effect for everyone else.

Obviously for all I know this is normal to have this part of the process turned round so quickly but i am obviously happy despite the fact that I know it has no baring on my actual visa application - will let you know any other progress as it happens.

Daniel

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone

we applied for our 175 csl skilled permanent residency visa on the 11/03/2009. we have just got our case officer mid september and had our meds today 1/10/09 and they should be in Australia mid October along with our police checks. Does anyone know just how long it will take for the visa to come through roughly? we are looking at validating our visas in April 2010 and the flights are already one thousand pounds each and we want to book because if they go up anymore we can't afford them, should we risk it and book the flights or not? Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Helen, jim, Daniel & samantha from lovely Dewsbury in Yorkshire.

Hi everyone

we applied for our 175 csl skilled permanent residency visa on the 11/03/2009. we have just got our case officer mid september and had our meds today 1/10/09 and they should be in Australia mid October along with our police checks. Does anyone know just how long it will take for the visa to come through roughly? we are looking at validating our visas in April 2010 and the flights are already one thousand pounds each and we want to book because if they go up anymore we can't afford them, should we risk it and book the flights or not? Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Hi Helen,

I just got a CO, and did meds on Tue so expect them to be cleared around mid oct too. I think after all your docs are met then it shouldnt be long til visa grant, as I've read people say they uploaded pcc's and as it was the only outstanding item, were granted visas that afternoon! I think with DIAC's aim to process CSL applicants quickly you're probably going to get it before any more changes, but then again, no-one can guarantee that.

I booked our flights for March 2010 to validate, and thinking if we dont have it, then it'll still be our reccie, but then we'll just end up going within the year of finally getting the visa. The flights were too good to pass up in March as it was when Singapore Airlines had their sale, so we just went ahead and booked.

Shaz

Guest elaine.ciaran

Hi

175 - IT - CSL, application 24/2/09, CO 25/8/09, Meds received by CO today 1/10/09, fingers crossed we'll get our answer next week!

Guest offshore

I log my online app for 175 on 07/17/2009 On ACS CSL, but they did not note I am a CSL until 08/31/2009. No CO yet

Looks like CSL is currently 4~5 months wait before CO, I hope I get a CO by November, but if the delayed CSL notification is taken into account it could be Feburary 2010.

I am also applying for SS from NSW, no news yet.

Hi everyone

Hi Helen,

I can't give you any advice on whether to book the flights or not, we have just been stung with the priority changes, so personally I would be cautious. However, the flight prices sound very expensive, I can get flights for just under £500 in June with Singapore Airlines, but that is from Manchester. Do you have to go in April? Hope that helps some.

Tracey x

Archived