Meet up Perth/Secret Harbour

Hi we live in SH and would love to meet up, how about we meet up at the PK Tavern for a drink, it would be great to meet some new people.

Guest tracynben
Hi we live in SH and would love to meet up, how about we meet up at the PK Tavern for a drink, it would be great to meet some new people.

id like to come too, is there a park at the pub, otherwise my eldest will get bored very quickly

tracy

Guest thefreeks

Would love to have met up, but unfortunately we all have work on the Monday.

Hopefully we will be able to meet up another time.

Hi Brammies,

Yeah that would be good, though it would be just me and 3 year old as other 2 and hubby would be at work and school..the other option would be a lunchtime weekend maybe. Have already met Kerry from over the road from you and Jo is my hairdresser. I am sure that there are a few round here that would love to meet up.

There is a nice public area up by the ABC nursery..you have BBQ's play area and a pond.

Sue

Guest THE THOMPSONS 2008

Hi the brummies

and everyone else who is in this thread we are in port kennedy steve 32 jo 40 brad 5 and dylan 2 we are easy would love to meet up with all u guys pretty easy going with or without kids.

Be watching the thread to see whats arranged but 11th sounds good to me

be great to meet some new people hoping your enjoying life in oz.

Guest Raurie
Anyone interested in Meeting up on the 11th of October in Secret Harbour just to give all the newbies to the area (like me )chance to meet new people we have mae great friends in the area already but aleways room for more

Hi Brammies,

We would love to come to a meet up with you, however we do not arrive in Perth until mid November. Hopefully if the arranged meet up is a success we will be able to join you at a later one xx

We are seriously looking at Baldivis to settle in but on looking at info on SH we might look seriously there too. I am presently weighing up the pros and cons of both. Baldivis closer to Perth and right at the end of the freeway, further to the beach (which the kids love), but lots of parks. SH, closer to the beach, more central to Rockingham/Mandurah (hopefully bigger area for job search), but much further away from Perth CBD. Are you able to tell me how far the nearest rail link is to Perth and how long the journey takes ? I can only find distance a con for SH.

Cheers

Raurie :biggrin:

Guest tracynben
Hi Brammies,

We would love to come to a meet up with you, however we do not arrive in Perth until mid November. Hopefully if the arranged meet up is a success we will be able to join you at a later one xx

We are seriously looking at Baldivis to settle in but on looking at info on SH we might look seriously there too. I am presently weighing up the pros and cons of both. Baldivis closer to Perth and right at the end of the freeway, further to the beach (which the kids love), but lots of parks. SH, closer to the beach, more central to Rockingham/Mandurah (hopefully bigger area for job search), but much further away from Perth CBD. Are you able to tell me how far the nearest rail link is to Perth and how long the journey takes ? I can only find distance a con for SH.

Cheers

Raurie :biggrin:

secret harbour is further away from rocko than baldivis, but SH is nice too, dunno much about the area thou.

I dont know where the nearest train station is from secret harbour, the nearest one to baldivis is only 5 mins drive.

Also raurie for your type of job, the majority of jobs are going to be CBD area not rocko or mandurah, hope that helps.

The train distance from warnbro (nearest station to baldivis ) is about half hour, this may also be the nearest station to secret harbour as well, but you would have abour 15 min drive to get to it.

Whats happening about a meet up, has anything been organsied, although i know the weather isnt suppose to be that good tomos, maybe next week instead?

tracy

Guest THE THOMPSONS 2008

STILL FREE TOMMOROW IF ANYONE WANTS TO MEET UP I KNOW WEATHER DONT LOOK GREAT BUT HEY MANAGED TO MEET FRIENDS BACK IN ENGLAND WHEN WEATHER NOT GOOD SO WHATS STOPPING US ANYWAY OFF TO SEE BLACK EYE PEAS TONIGHT WITH THE JO.

GOT A BABYSITTER AND ALL IS GOOD FIRST NIGHT OUT TOGETHER SINCE FEB :jiggy:

THE THOMPSONS GIVE US SHOUT IF ANYONE FANCIES A MEET WE ARE IN PORT KENNEDY JUST DOWN ROAD FROM SECRET HARBOUR ?????

Guest jogrant3232
lets make it next week when the weather will be better(hopefully)

we could meet up at one of the bbqs at dinner time

We will be at the surf club this morning but may be a little late as we are coming on our cycles, save us a seat Mr Bramwell

• 1 month later...
Guest The Thains

Hi All,

interesting thread about a meet in SH, (visited the place during our recce in Aug and fell in luv witrh it)

we leave for Perth from sunny Scotland (Not) on the 25th of nov and hope to have a rental or have purchased a property in SH by the end of Jan, will be living in Perth CBD for the intial two months but would happily come down for a meet and get to know people before we settle in SH..

best wishes to all

Mark (40) / Allison (31) and Holly (6)

Guest The Ritchies

Hi The Thains

We are The Ritchies and we too are from sunny Scotland:biglaugh:

How exciting not long to go now. We will be moving in January and we too are thinking about Secret Harbour. Would be great if you could keep us informed at how you are all doing.

If you don't mind me asking - where abouts in Scotland are you?

Wendy

Guest The Thains
Hi The Thains

We are The Ritchies and we too are from sunny Scotland:biglaugh:

How exciting not long to go now. We will be moving in January and we too are thinking about Secret Harbour. Would be great if you could keep us informed at how you are all doing.

If you don't mind me asking - where abouts in Scotland are you?

Wendy

Hi the Ritchies,

we are from Brechin.... (Brechin to Perth.. what a move !!).

yes we are excited and nervous, really can't wait to get there and get on with it..

we will keep in touch and let you know how we are getting on, when are you planning to arrive ??

we have a serviced apartment arranged for a few months in Perth but hope to have a house and be settled in secret harbour by the end of january..

thainmark@hotmail.com

Guest The Ritchies

Hi Mark

You're not that far away from us, we're just up the road a bit in Peterhead. Will be leaving on 11 January and have a holiday let in Kinross for first 8 weeks and will look for a rental from there.

After reading Paul and Tara's reccie report about Secret Harbour it is top of our list to check out first. Rentals and house prices seem really reasonable there so it all depends what the schools are like.

Keep in touch to let us know if you have any tips.

Take care

Wendy

Archived