Canberra PIO meet up

It has been talked about and I thought it's about time something got put in stone so here goes,

Venue - George Harcourt Pub

Date and time - 2pm Saturday 31st October 2009

I have chosen this venue as it serves pints for those who want them and i havn't herd a bad thing about it yet. I haven't booked anything yet as I don't know of numbers etc.

The date has been chosen as it it just after pay day so everyone should feel a little flush.......or maybe not, lol

Anyway let me know by replying to this thread

It has been talked about and I thought it's about time something got put in stone so here goes,

Venue - George Harcourt Pub

Date and time - 2pm Saturday 31st October 2009

I have chosen this venue as it serves pints for those who want them and i havn't herd a bad thing about it yet. I haven't booked anything yet as I don't know of numbers etc.

The date has been chosen as it it just after pay day so everyone should feel a little flush.......or maybe not, lol

Anyway let me know by replying to this thread

Hi Nik

Steve & I are up for it, so yes we'll be there. Keep us posted.

Jacqui

Guest Chrissygirl

Nik, we have been in canberra since Feb 09, live in Nicholls and I work in Queanbeyan, well actually my last day today, me and hubby nick are moving to Brisbane next week, so we wont be at your social, too late, never mind, my daughter worked there for a couple of months while she was over and loved it, we all love the george, its great fun, you must book tables tho, i will tell my other pommy friends, and they may well turn up, great to see someone else in Canberra, Chrissy xx

Guest Samfire

Hi Nik - would love to come along! I'm very isolated where I live at the moment (Griffith - hate it!!!), so I am very eager to meet up with others from all around Canberra, and find a network of friends that will get me out of my 2-bed apartment, where me and my 4-year old are pretty much couped up at the moment. Hubby working lots of hours, so don't know if he'll make it. Let us know more about the time and general area of the venue for the meet up once booked and I'll be there! Thanks for taking the time to organise it. P.S. Make sure you're asbestos free!!! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!

Hi Nik

Count us in, we arrive on Friday 30th October, so we will be the ones sleeping in the corner. Like Samfire we will be staying in Griffith (Sam appartments I think, but for 5 weeks while we find a longer term rent) and have no idea about getting around town. I am hoping we can get into a 'three' store to get an Apple Iphone so that i can load Sat-Nav software so hopefully find the place.

There are four of us, Tracy (my wfie), Claire (17), Lisa (20) and myself; Peter. Unfortunately Squem is not coming until December.

Please let us know any further details asap as we fly out on the 28th.

Peter

Hi Nik

Count us in, we arrive on Friday 30th October, so we will be the ones sleeping in the corner. Like Samfire we will be staying in Griffith (Sam appartments I think, but for 5 weeks while we find a longer term rent) and have no idea about getting around town. I am hoping we can get into a 'three' store to get an Apple Iphone so that i can load Sat-Nav software so hopefully find the place.

There are four of us, Tracy (my wfie), Claire (17), Lisa (20) and myself; Peter. Unfortunately Squem is not coming until December.

Please let us know any further details asap as we fly out on the 28th.

Peter

Sorry chaps I cant make it but have a good bangers and mash!!! See if you can get the manager to do his Rindecella monologue for you, he's pretty good.

Peter, you may want to rethink "3" - nothing against them as long as you are going to only ever need your phone in a central metropolitan area. If you intend to venture further afield then have a look at some of the other telcos.

Sorry chaps I cant make it but have a good bangers and mash!!! See if you can get the manager to do his Rindecella monologue for you, he's pretty good.

Peter, you may want to rethink "3" - nothing against them as long as you are going to only ever need your phone in a central metropolitan area. If you intend to venture further afield then have a look at some of the other telcos.

Hi Quoll

It is a shame that you will not be able to make the Harcourt and thank you for the advice regarding three, I must admit to looking at three as their price plans looked ok, I could get Skype for those calls home (at no/little cost) and also with it in mind that when not in a three zone; which I understand is limited that I had auto roaming to Telstra’s network, however if that is not the case I am happy to look elsewhere.

Any advice always welcomed.

Peter

Guest Chrissygirl

Peter, sorry we wont be there, we are leaving canberra for Brisbane on 24th October but my son Nick (24) will be staying, we are just leaving our rental, is in Nicholls next to golf club, gym, tennis clubs, its a fab 2 storey detached house, lovely garden, walkable to pub and golf club about 530 p/w loads of space 3 huge bedrooms and rumpus area, open plan kitchen double garage nice cul de sac, we have loved it there, look on realestate.com.au suburb nicholls , 4/45 dobbin circuit, no photos yet cos we still in it but check next week or my facebook which is christine taylor canberra

which we could be there, not been many poms here, but lovely place, keep in touch we have other poms that live there, and would love to meet. Chrissy Taylor xx pm me for email address if u cant find me on facebook.

Hi Quoll

It is a shame that you will not be able to make the Harcourt and thank you for the advice regarding three, I must admit to looking at three as their price plans looked ok, I could get Skype for those calls home (at no/little cost) and also with it in mind that when not in a three zone; which I understand is limited that I had auto roaming to Telstra’s network, however if that is not the case I am happy to look elsewhere.

Any advice always welcomed.

Peter

Yup you autoroam to Telstra is right but have you looked at the cost of doing that?:eek:

We are a long... long.... way off yet, but would defo like to come to any future ones. I will subscribe to this thread to check for any future plans. Thanks all. Have a good night and have a pint for me!

I'll book the table on the 24th so that I have final numbers by then and also able to give enough notice for people to turn up etc.

So far we have

Nik, Misses Nik and baby Nik (Marcus, Deirdre and Preston)

Jacqui and Steve

Samfire and 4 year old child plus hubby if he's not working

Peter, Tracy, Clare and Lisa (asleep in the corner)

So anyone else has a week until I book the table. I'll try and book the weather as well

Guest Samfire

Thanks Nik - if it's after working hours (which I'm assuming it will be - or maybe on a weekend) then you can count in my 12 year old son also, and I'm sure hubby will be a definite provided he's not working!!!

Guest Samfire
Thanks Nik - if it's after working hours (which I'm assuming it will be - or maybe on a weekend) then you can count in my 12 year old son also, and I'm sure hubby will be a definite provided he's not working!!!

Sorry Nik - I'm having a "dizzy" day!!! Still reeling from the last few weeks of GO GO GO!!! I've just realised the details, time and venue are on your original first post!!!! Sorry for the idiocy!!! We'll be there - all four of us!!!!

Guest Chrissygirl

Hi there is room for little ones to round around, but there is no playground and no fences, so you would have to keep an eye on them, cos of the car park. Pretty much safe tho, and usually quite a few kids are there in good weather.

Table booked for 13, under the name of Marcus, 2pm.

looking forward to seeing you all there

Hi Marcus

thanks for confirming time and sorting the booking out. see you there.

Peter

Archived