Onshore spouse application - which forms are required?

Smiler

Hi Fellow PIO's

I am in Australia on a prospective marriage visa and got married a couple of months ago :0)

I am now going to do my temporary spouse visa and wanted to ask if anyone knows what forms immigration will be wanting. For the prospective marriage visa I frontloaded everything so that when the C.O. viewed the application there was nothing else they would require so I would to do the same for this.

I am aware that I will have to fill in the forms 40SP and 47SP again along with ID, stat decs, proof of living together, bank accounts, etc but are there any other forms immigration ask for? e.g Do I need to do a form 1221 (Additional personal particulars form)

Also, can you hand in the visa application? When I rang immigration in Sydney they said I have to post it, not bring it in but I would prefer to do it in person. Is it the same rule for all immigration offices around Oz?

Any help would be much appreciated

Smiler

Guest Yvonne MacFarlane

I am in Melbourne and was told to post my application but I took it in and it was fine. Much better to do that I think. I believe the Sydney office is the same - you can walk in, take a number and wait.

Cant help with the other forms Im afraid. I just filled in the one huge application and frontloaded it. Been waiting 10 weeks now.....

Guest heresken

Yeah my advice is to follow the checklist exactly with frontloaded meds and police checks. If they need anything they will ask. I recently applied at Cairns office by mail and was accepted in exactly two weeks and judging by others on the forum it is quick at the moment.

Guest barney22
Hi Fellow PIO's

I am in Australia on a prospective marriage visa and got married a couple of months ago :0)

I am now going to do my temporary spouse visa and wanted to ask if anyone knows what forms immigration will be wanting. For the prospective marriage visa I frontloaded everything so that when the C.O. viewed the application there was nothing else they would require so I would to do the same for this.

I am aware that I will have to fill in the forms 40SP and 47SP again along with ID, stat decs, proof of living together, bank accounts, etc but are there any other forms immigration ask for? e.g Do I need to do a form 1221 (Additional personal particulars form)

Also, can you hand in the visa application? When I rang immigration in Sydney they said I have to post it, not bring it in but I would prefer to do it in person. Is it the same rule for all immigration offices around Oz?

Any help would be much appreciated

Smiler

My husband just got his temporary visa after being on a fiance visa. There is no need to complete a 1221 form. What we did was:

- complete the 40SP and 47SP (again!)

- certified copies of our marriage licence (the one you get from the Registry or Marriage, birth, death place)

- photos of the wedding day

- 888 Form which is some sort of Stat Dec

- copies of bills

You can certainly hand it in in person which is what we did. And if immi need further information anyway, they will contact you. We were missing a few things and they sent us a letter along with the missing forms that needed to be completed and we had 28 days to respond.

The temp visa was granted within a week which was great turn around.

Hope this information helps

Thanks Barney 22!

I just submitted my application today and added the list of docs that you mentioned.

You said 'the missing forms' - what do you mean - the 40sp and 47sp?

That was a quick turnaround you - will now wait and see how my application goes. Will let you know how I get on

Thanks again

Smiler

hey smiler good luck and let us know how you get on : ) im back in perth now with Shane : ) we are getting married in december and will hand in application after that

Hi Nadjez

Welcome back to Oz! So great to be back with our partners eh!

The next couple of months will fly by for you and before you know it your wedding day will arrive! Have you got most of your wedding plans sorted?

Will let you know how I get on with the spouse visa.

Chat soon

Smiler :)

Archived