Christmas In Oz

Guest harribeau

Guest harribeau

Hi, my family and I moved to Newport (just outside Williamstown), Melbourne in August 2009.

We have just been discussing christmas, and were wondering if anything was being organised for expats in a similar situation over the festive period.

Group barbies or something along those lines.

Any advice would be very gratefully received as we have left a good social circle of friends and at the moment friends are a little thin on the ground.

My day to day conversations are currently with a 2 year old and my husband!! - HELP!

Louise x

Hi, my family and I moved to Newport (just outside Williamstown), Melbourne in August 2009.

We have just been discussing christmas, and were wondering if anything was being organised for expats in a similar situation over the festive period.

Group barbies or something along those lines.

Any advice would be very gratefully received as we have left a good social circle of friends and at the moment friends are a little thin on the ground.

My day to day conversations are currently with a 2 year old and my husband!! - HELP!

Louise x

Hiya louise,have you looked at the "upcoming events" section on the right hand side of the homepage? seems to be quite a lot of events coming up in melb area,btw............did you have to mention xmas!:policeman: ......................im the original grinch:biglaugh:

Guest harribeau

Hi Pablo, no, I had not looked (obviously where i should have done), thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

By the way, there is absolutely no point in being a christmas Grinch!, it comes without fail every year, and you cannot out run it (believe me I've tried), you may as well embrace it. Smile, you just might get something nice.

Thanks again, I off now to look in the right section.

Louise x

Nope, can't see anything in that section, anyone got any other ideas????

What i meant was if you go to some of the meets that are advertised there you will meet up with other people and sort something out for xmas nearer the date? I.E i think they only advertise the next meets rather than those planned for further ahead,for example "the end of month drinks" on the last thursday of the month etc?if ive explained myself properly:wacko:,probably not,knowing me!lol

Hope you find something to do - we spent Christmas 2007 in Oz and were quite happy to just relax in the sun away from the stresses of 'who should we be with this year?'. We are hoping to be in Melbourne for New Year so may be looking for someone to party the night away with - still be jetlagged so staying up until 4am no worries!!! Shouldn't count my chickens still have house to sell first (or lottery to win).

Have you looked on the Britvics site there are a few people on there wanting to meet up, I think they are talking about boxing day

hope you get something sorted

Archived