how about a meetup in the uk

kellyjay

Hi, michaela just reading your post and saw that your husband is a plasterer is he a solid plasterer or dry liner, as my husband Paul is a solid plasterer and we hope to move out later this year, hopefully to North of Perth (ellenbrooke), already been to validate visa last October. My name is Mandy by the way and we live in Cheshunt, Herts not far from you, we used to live in Coliier Row for 14 years. On the work front when we were in oz there was lots of work for solid plasterers.

Mandy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kplovenuts

Hi, I'm Kev 29 and my girlfriend Tik 33, wanting to go to Perth this year! Not started visa application yet, not sure which one to go for?????? I'm an aircraft maintenance engineer and tik is a waitress, I have the better trade for points but Tik has a cousin living in perth with a Thai restaurant called the Full Moon, so he could posibly act as a sponsor?? Anyone know who to speak to about this?

Any help or advice much appreciated!!!!

We live in Norwich, Tomlinsons maybe we could get in contact?

Thanks, Kevin and Tik:)

Hi Mandy, yes Keith is a solid plasterer but does dry lining as well. We havn't validated out visa yet, hoping to do it all in one go around July time. House sale is going through so fingers crossed. To be totally honest we havn't got a clue where to live once there. We have been told though that Keith would have more of a chance of employment heading north. But that doesn't really mean much to me. All we keep doing is surfing the net looking at places that have been mentioned to us. Its all exciting but also quite scary. As well as work for Keith we also have two children, girl nearly 16 yrs and a boy 11 yrs. Our 16 yr old is really looking forward to going, which is a bonus for us (and we should also save a fortune with not having to pay out for fake tans!!!!), so we have got to look into colleges for her and also get her involved with people her own age. Our boy is of school age and makes friends quite easy, so hopefully he shouldn't have too much of a problem. Not sure if you have seen the earlier posts but there is a get together at Bluewater M&S restaurant at 11am on 7 Feb, if you are interested. There is supposed to be a few turning up so should be good. Michaela

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Just wanted to say hello to Kelly and congrats on the visa. Will miss meeting up with you all at bluewater as I am already in Perth but thanks for the last meet up Kelly and I look forward to welcoming anyone to Perth when you get here ... and a latte and a cake together here in the southern hemisphere. Quick update on where we are. We have been here 2 weeks, have registered for Tax File numbers (easy on the internet), Bank accounts/cards all set up and internet banking all registered. Recommend NAB bank (the banks here are sooooo much better and far more efficient than UK). Have bought 2 cars (one newish and the other an old banger), 2 mobile phones and move into our long term rental on 2 Feb. Container of furniture arrives mid feb.... all is great, weather is fab, going to enrol the kids at school on monday for the new term on 1 Feb... any questions fire away I may be able to help. Good luck all and looking forward to your arrivals down under. xx

Hi - Just wanted to say hello to Kelly and congrats on the visa. Will miss meeting up with you all at bluewater as I am already in Perth but thanks for the last meet up Kelly and I look forward to welcoming anyone to Perth when you get here ... and a latte and a cake together here in the southern hemisphere. Quick update on where we are. We have been here 2 weeks, have registered for Tax File numbers (easy on the internet), Bank accounts/cards all set up and internet banking all registered. Recommend NAB bank (the banks here are sooooo much better and far more efficient than UK). Have bought 2 cars (one newish and the other an old banger), 2 mobile phones and move into our long term rental on 2 Feb. Container of furniture arrives mid feb.... all is great, weather is fab, going to enrol the kids at school on monday for the new term on 1 Feb... any questions fire away I may be able to help. Good luck all and looking forward to your arrivals down under. xx

Hi Jo,

Great to hear from you I was wondering how you were getting on.....glad to see you are settling in ok.....where is your long term let?which schools have you put the kids in?Also on the bank...have NAB got hole in the wall machine in the local shopping malls??what are there bank charges like??sorry so many questions but I feel like I am drowning so much to do so little time.....can't wait to catch up for a coffee with you when we arrive we will be in Perth from the 10th April ....in Mullalloo for 8 weeks and then need to look for a long term rental....so good to hear from you....take care....Louise:biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check how many of you are still up for a meet on Sunday 7th Feb at Bluewater M&S coffee shop at 11am....so we know roughly how many people we are looking out for....also how will we reconise each other....any suggestion welcome? Really looking forward to meeting you all...it will be really great to chat face to face..... Louise.......

hi jo,

great to hear from you. it sounds as though you have been really busy. me too!!! house is on the market and interest looks good so we have decided not to come out to validate. we have to arrive by 26th november so hopefully will get to meet up with you all before your xmas hols in rottness.

if the house sells in the next few months we will prob arrive beginning of sept. CANT WAIT.

kelly.x

Hi All

What about an A5 piece of paper showing the Australian flag put on the table. Therefore its a visual aid and my husband would hate to go up to a little old lady and ask her 'if she's going down under'....... don't need the police attention, not now weve got our visa anyway.

Louise, are you the team leader? You know you want to!!

Hi Guys,

Oz flag on the table sounds like a good idea to me........I'll get onto right away!!.....really looking forward to seeing you all.....Louise xx

Just a reminder about catching up this Sunday 7th Feb at Bluewater M&S at 11am.......EVERYONE WELCOME....it will be great to chat through all the nightmares about getting ready to emigrate!!!and to make some new friends before we all go over!!.....

Hope you are all coming tomorrow.....just to let you know I have a 3ft Kangeroo....with Oz shorts...which I will put on the table to make it easier for us all to reconise each other!!!!Looking forward to seeing you.....Louise

Hi All

Hope everyone got home safely and didn't spend too much money after the meet up. We enjoyed meeting you all and finally putting faces to names. Got some nice pointers, thank you Mandy and Louise. Sorry we didn't get to chat Kelly, time went so fast ......... another time. Hurry up and get the car registered Louise, we don't want to be stranded at the airport lol!!! Michaela and Keith

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say what Michaela and Keith said above....it was really great to meet you all....it just makes it all so real...have told Kris that we are starting up an airport service when we arrive as we are first out there!! He said he would rather stay at home and have a cold beer waiting for you as he thought you would like that better!!!.....Finally got round to sending off the import licence for the car so fingers crossed it's ok.....but NO offer on the house....so won't be able to get the car out of customs as we will have no money!!......have spent the day ploughing my way through my spreadsheet and haven't even made a dent!!!!.....take care, keep in touch or if you want a chat PM me........Louise

Guest toffee68

Just a quick one to say how great it was to meet up on Sunday and put faces to names... Seems we all are in different situations but with a common goal... Will keep you posted on our progress and will send a photo of the beach once we arrive ;-)

Cheers

Robbie, Debs and tribe (-1)

Archived