A big thank you to the mornington crew

Guest Weedy Sea Dragon

Guest Weedy Sea Dragon

Hi all

Haven't been on the forum for a while - have been in Melbourne for about 4 weeks and are now in our own place with a decent internet connection so can contribute again.

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to the guys who organised the Mornington get together a couple of weeks ago - can't remember everyones name but 'Blowmonkeys are great' I remember because they are!! :biggrin:

Really great to meet others and make some new friends.

Thanks again all and see you at the next BBQ.

hi there thanks for a fab post

hopefully we shall all be there soon xxxxx

my hubby is flying out next week on his own as he got a job and they want an immediate start which we are still in shock !!!!!!

we are not going to be able to wrap everything up from here until after xmas as there is 5 of us so not looking forward to saying goodbye as we thought we would make the move as a family

so many emotions at the moment

(NOT looking forward to waving goodbye !!! especially this side of xmas xxx

while we wait to get house sold or at least till after xmas to either ship our belongings and wait for house to sell or rent out as last option

at least he can sort out so many things ie areas and schools etc xxxx

the job is in oakleigh and we are looking at accomodation in frankston

does anyone know the travellling distance and what the driving commute is like as he is going to have a company vehicle but will be working in cbd

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to PIO. Yes the Mornington get togethers are great and are organised by PIO member Bordy. We had quite a few new families go to the last one, and hopefully more going to the next one.

You had a great day for it as well:cool:

Guest Weedy Sea Dragon

Hi

yes really frustrating trying to get house sold - we managed to get a buyer interested in our house and we decided to buy theirs (it was a much smaller more rentable house) just to get the deal done. It was very nice and easy and although we have left this little house behind we got a tenent in straight away and all seems to be going fine. We have the issue of not having all our money out here but with the exchange rate at the mo I think we made the right decision.

Also now we are here I am so glad we did do it this way otherwise we still might be waiting.

Oh and thanks Bordy - sorry I couldn't remember your PIO name.

Not sure about distances around Frankston - still a Melbourne newbie and wouldn't presume I know anything yet!!

Best of luck

Archived