Probs clearing goods with customs...

cowgirlfromhell

Sent 6 large boxes of my belongings with transglobal express...who quoted me very cheap price by air and have to say, are very helpful.

They sub contract..so DHL actually shipped my goods and deliver them on a door to door service...problem is they lost my paperwork and my goods 10 days later are still in customs in Perth airport!!

Nightmare! have faxed paperwork via transglobal again to Perth, who sent it via email and then Perth customs couldn't read the format, so they sent it again in a different format... Hopefully it will now be cleared without any more problems?! (fingers crossed)!

I made sure to have extra copies of all paperwork required and took every wooden item out.

I am rather concerned that customs may be holding my stuff to then send me out a nice big bill for storage or something...has anyone else had any problems with a clearance delay at all, especially at Perth airport???

Im just hoping when they clear my goods and my stuff is finally delivered to my Aussie address that all 6 boxes are there in one piece!!

:arghh:

Guest wanderer

Hi cowgirl,

Good to see you're at least here yourself and if your shipping mob have had a contract with you to get the goods delivered to an address, it's really their responsibility to clear customs and pay any charges.

Just to find out what sort of charges may apply, I do seem to recall that when I once did a pick up myself, it was something like 3 days allowed [that was docks in Vic.] before extra charges applied.

Probably be a similar timeframe at Perth Airport I imagine.

Have a look at unaccompanied effects and you'll see various links on left, one for clearing but nothing about charges.

You can do a search on the site that may reveal something or just give them a ring.

But I wouldn't be letting Transglobal or DHL put costs on to you for their carelessness/incompetence.

And if they say something about not getting the stuff out unless you pay up extra, see about getting them to email advice about exactly how much is involved and then use a credit card with them if possible.

If you have the original documentation re their contracted price, once you have the boxes delivered, ring your bank about freezing the payment on grounds that services were not supplied as contracted for.

The onus will then be on the company to show why they should be charging you and I'd suspect a larger company may well say, well we stuffed up and that'll be the last you hear of it.

Archived