Moving to rural Victoria - keen to meet people

ajs604

Hi everyone my name is Andy. I am moving to Cobram, rural Victoria in January 2010 - I will be coming out to Australia on a 457. I have previously been to Australia as a visitor, working holiday and a subsequent 457 visa. Unfortuantely, I had a bad expereince with my previous employer which resulted in me returning to the UK for several months. It is my intention after a period of settliong in to apply for permanent residency as I understand my profession (Podiatrist) is on the critical short list.

I am moving over here alone and would be keen to meet people in a similar situation. I am 26 and a very socialble easy going person. i will be moving to Cobram which is 3 hours north of Melbourne - but looks like a very nice area with lots of different stuff to offer than the usual hussle and bustle of a city. It would be great to chat with people who live in a smilar area or to hear the expereinces of others in a similar situation. Please feel free to message me!

Thanks everyone.

Guest One Hour Photo

Wow I can hardly belive it - I am sure I am the only British person in this area :-) is it possible that there will be TWO !!!!!

I live about 30 minutes from Cobram, I am curious what would bring you to this area. I only came because I bought a business here now I am trapped by it.

I may not be a person you would want to meet (the locals hate me) but then its only an hour of your life so it might be worth it.

Guest One Hour Photo

Hi, I am having trouble posting a private message:

I am a bit wary giving my opinion as we are all different and I don't want to prejudice your thoughts. Cobram is a small place, for example it does not have a restaurant, it has an old family owned movie theatre which opens at weekends, there is a river beach there that is nice.

You are young and single so I would suggest don’t tie yourself down with property and ‘stuff’ then if you don’t like the small town thing you can easily move on to somewhere bigger.

Guest juliemtaylor
Hi, I am having trouble posting a private message:

I am a bit wary giving my opinion as we are all different and I don't want to prejudice your thoughts. Cobram is a small place, for example it does not have a restaurant, it has an old family owned movie theatre which opens at weekends, there is a river beach there that is nice.

You are young and single so I would suggest don’t tie yourself down with property and ‘stuff’ then if you don’t like the small town thing you can easily move on to somewhere bigger.

Hey, Glad to hear you are still ok out there..

Julie x

Archived