Pommy get together - Gold Coast

Guest guest32809

We are moving down to the GC on 6th Jan so we'd be very interested in coming along. We've lived in Brisbane (well, Springfield Lakes area!) for 2 years now and will be moving down south next week. Need to do the whole "new friends" thing again (not ditching the current set, but def need new local friends!).

Let us know if we need to bring stuff??

Is it a kid free event (need to arrange Child Minder if it is).

:biggrin:

Hi guys,

I would love to make some more friends here on the coast, im really missing family and friends back home right now, must be the time of year...

Definately count me in for the next night out, thats if you dont mind a paddy tagging along...

Im in Robina, so would be up for meeting somewhere central x

Guest moleandmel

Hi we have just moved to the Gold Coast in November. We live in Palm Beach and would love to meet new people. We have a little baby so really dont want to leave him with a babysitting company just yet but would love to come along to the Australia Day celebrations. I have joined your group on facebook.

Melissa (30), Mark (28), Paige (7) & Zack (9 months)

Guest SusanDonnan

Hi Kirsty

how are you, as you know me and my family are coming over in May 2010 and me and natalie are hoping that you are still organising these get togethers coz u can count on us being there, hope you all had a great xmas and happy new year to you all on PIO

sue xx

Guest SusanDonnan

Hi melissa

hope you are well, my family and i are arriving in surfers in may 2010, i think you might have spoke with my daughter natalie, she is researching palm beach area for us to rent but i am concerned it is too far from CBD, i hope you are settling well and hope you all had a great xmas and new year

hope to see you at one of kirstys get togethers

sue

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there

I've been on here a few times and met a couple of nice folks from back home for coffee. Does anyone just miss their mates from the UK, and going out for a drink? I love living on the gold coast - but thats the only thing thats missing so far. Trying to organise a get together somewhere on the gold coast, for anyone who is in the same boat. Date wise - I'm thinking Saturday 5th December. Venue - open to suggestions. Anyone who is interested - send me your details and we'll try to organise somewhere that suits everyone. If anyone needs a babysitter - I've used a good service a few times now and would recommend them.

Looking forward to some good times!!!:laugh::laugh:

Hey kirsty,I'm feeling exactly the same,no way are we going back to the UK though lol! The gals from work took me for a coffee,well I need a cocktail please.Keep me posted for the next meetup...where are all the pommies!xxxx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Benchola

How often do you guys get together on the Gold Coast?

We'll be relocating at the end of July to somewhere in the Gold Coast or near Brisbane - so we would love to meet up with everyone....

Guest guest32809

We'll be relocating at the end of July to somewhere in the Gold Coast or near Brisbane - so we would love to meet up with everyone....

Roughly once a month.

Hiya, we're from Oldham originally, now on the Gold Coast, hopefully meet you soon (love a similar accent lol)

• 2 months later...
Guest comet10
Roughly once a month. Check out our Facebok group 'Gold Coast Social' Look forward to meeting you when you arrive. Good Luck with the move! x

Hi Kirsty,

Im in Runaway Bay!

Which FB group are you as there a few with similar names?!! What picture is the avatar??!

:wink:

Archived