Meet people in Brisbane

Guest kmckerron

Guest Dave and Inga

Only been here in Bulimba one week, bar 152 has been recommended to me,text us if you fancy meeting up 0457 304628

dave and inga

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fiona and John

Hi all

There seems to be a lot of us in similar circumstances (i.e. similar ages, no kids, recently moved from the UK and looking to meet friends).

We could organise a meet up for everyone one weekend, maybe a BBQ at South Bank or something? Maybe a good way for everyone to meet up at the same time?

Fiona and John

Guest Dave and Inga

Hi,

Sounds like a good idea,south bank is good ,we can catch the ferry,nothe the weekend around 26 march ,Its ingas 40 birthday.keep us informed.

Where are you guys staying ?

Dave

Guest Fiona and John

We are staying on Albert Street in the CBD at the moment so we're quite central so South Bank is good for us or we're happy to meet further away if people know a good place.

We're free to meet up next weekend (Sat 20 or Sun 21) or Easter Sunday or Easter Monday if either of those are suitable?

Can't do weekend of the 26th - we're going to the Melbourne Grand Prix :biggrin:

Guest Sab855

Scott and Sue Hi all. This is our first post, Scott and I arrived 14 months ago from the UK. We are currently living in Bulimba. We have been reading your posts and like the rest of you finding it hard making new friends. Let us know if you all intend catching up, it would lovely to meet some new people.

Guest Fiona and John

Yes sorry meant Sat 20 / Sun 21! Have just edited the post!

Easter Sunday good with us too though. Does that suit others?

Guest Sab855

Hi it's Scott and Sue again, if you don't mind us gatecrashing we are available Easter Sunday and it would be nice to meet some new people and have a drink or two.

us too. We are free sat 21st and would love to meet up with new people, easter sunday good too,. if you dont mind us oldies joining in. I'm doing ok in the meeting new folks dept as I work but hubby finding it hard to find work and meet new people. that sounds really sad but he's a great, outgoing and up for a laugh type of bloke just not been too lucky in the job stakes.

Lynne and Chris

Guest shell and rappo

We would also like to meet up with everyone and easter Sunday appears to be the day of choice at the moment. We can't do the Sunday because have visitors but could do either good Friday or the Sat. Maybe if you stick to meeting on Easter Sunday we could make this a more regular thing and meet you all next time:rolleyes:. Michelle and Andrew

Guest AandJ

Would like to meet up with you guys, but can't do Easter Saturday/Sunday unfortunately (off to sample the delights of Melbourne). Could do the Friday, or another weekend if that doesn't work out.

Guest brissy

Would also love to do Easter weekend but we have visitors so can't make it, if you decide on any other weekend that would be great.

Guest Fiona and John

Hi all

We've heard back from a few people now, some can do Easter Sunday and some can't.

So how about those who can meet at The Plough @ South Bank 1pm and we can arrange something for another weekend too for those who can't make it?

My mobile is: 0425816049.

Fiona (and John)

Hey Everyone

We are 27 and 28 however we do have children but they are very well behaved and we would love to meet new people.... Would anyone fancy meeting at southbank one weekend?? PM me and I can send you my facebook details and mobile number...

Take it easy

Carly

Guest samandgum

Hello All,

I hope you don't mind me busting in on this thread?!:spinny:

Every body has made me feel 100% better - I am 25 and O.H is 28 just turning 29 and its crazy how many people our age without kids find it hard to make friends - but this is a brill idea!

Well me and my partner work together so we have exactly the same work friends who coinsidentally are mostly kiwis also finding it hard to make friends. We did have several irish and german friends but they had to go home (WHV); and its left us rather on our own and we have been here for just over a year now!

So we live in North Lakes (northern 'burbs) or 'little Britain' as its better known to the locals :biglaugh: (due to the high density of pommies) but we're moving just up the road to Mango Hill (just off the redcliffe exit on bruce highway) on 6th April and we're going to be having a house warming / birthday party on roughly 10th or 17th April so anyone whos up for a BBQ just let us know and I'll confirm the date and PM you the address.

Kids very welcome - I think I already have 6 attending so they wont be lonely :jimlad:

Hope to see plenty of you there

Sam and Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deborah76

Hi. Good to find this thread. My Hubby and I find ourselves in the same situation having moved to west end 7 mths ago and would love to meet some new people for fun and frolics. Would anyone like to meet up? Debbie & Ben

Hi. Good to find this thread. My Hubby and I find ourselves in the same situation having moved to west end 7 mths ago and would love to meet some new people for fun and frolics. Would anyone like to meet up? Debbie & Ben

I'm quite near the West End myself, well relatively anyway. I'm in Auchenflower with my lease ending in June. Got myself a 457 just last week, but I've been here a year already. Not met an awful lot of people yet though, as a lot of people tend to come and go here too.

Guest deborah76
I'm quite near the West End myself, well relatively anyway. I'm in Auchenflower with my lease ending in June. Got myself a 457 just last week, but I've been here a year already. Not met an awful lot of people yet though, as a lot of people tend to come and go here too.

Hi i'm on a 457 visa too, am here as a midwife. Loving West End, maybe too much as havent ventured far. We lived not far from you in Toowong when we first arrived. Anyway, if you fancy meeting up anytime then thats cool. I work shift work so am free all sorts of strange times. there is talk of someone arranging drinks at the pub near southbank near anzac day which we may be free for too.

Guest brissy

Been here nearly 2 years and would love to meet up with some new folk, defo up for a few drinks if anyone fancies it. Both myself and my OH work a few weekends a month and have days off during the week so would be great to meet up with folk who also work shifts.

Guest deborah76

nothing set in stone, however if anyone would like to meet for drinks that would be cool. how about some sunny drinks on Saturday, maybe near southbank or somewhere central?

Archived