Moving to Gold Coast in May 2010 - would love to make some friends prior to arrival.

Guest Natalie25

Guest Natalie25

Hi,

My husband and I, and our daughter who will be 2 1/2 by the time we arrive are moving to the gold coast in May 2010. All booked and ready to go. My mom who is like my best buddy and her husband are also moving too.

We are all really friendly, outgoing and keen to make good friends. I'd also be over the moon if I can find some little friends for my daughter to play with.

Hope to hear soon xx

Hi,

My husband and I, and our daughter who will be 2 1/2 by the time we arrive are moving to the gold coast in May 2010. All booked and ready to go. My mom who is like my best buddy and her husband are also moving too.

We are all really friendly, outgoing and keen to make good friends. I'd also be over the moon if I can find some little friends for my daughter to play with.

Hope to hear soon xx

Hi Natalie,

We are also moving but in january next year.We have so much to sort out before we go.What areas are you thinking of going to in the gold coast? We have children but they are not as young as yours.

Jill

Hi Natalie,

We're too moving there, but hopefully in Feb of this year. Got 2 children, but unfortunately, not as young as your little one, but would be great to hear from you. Where abouts are you heading too?

Julz

Hi Julz,

Were moving to the gold coast at the start of January.We dont have long to go now and so much to sort out.What area are you thinking of moving to?

Jill

Not sure yet. Liked Mermaid Waters, Broadbeach etc, but just depends on price etc. Gonna be working in Southport, so somewhere not too much of a drive. Gonna get a rental first, then decide. How old are your children?. I've got a daughter 7 and a son 12. Got any schools sorted yet?

Julz

Not sure yet. Liked Mermaid Waters, Broadbeach etc, but just depends on price etc. Gonna be working in Southport, so somewhere not too much of a drive. Gonna get a rental first, then decide. How old are your children?. I've got a daughter 7 and a son 12. Got any schools sorted yet?

Julz

Hi julz,

We were looking around pacific pines and Coomera area but got told that commuting to the city from these areas for work can be a bit crazy at times. We are now looking Redland bay area. I have 3 girls 15 ,12 and 12.My hubby is going there next week to suss out areas and to have a look at the schools.

Jill

Hi,

Hope to hear soon xx

Hi, we're on the Gold Coast, with my son, 3, daughter, 5, and eldest son, 6.

It would be great to have you round for coffee when you get here

Jo

Guest Natalie25

Hi Jill and Jules and Jo,

Thank you for replying to my thread. I'm abit of a novice on this site and so must apologise for not replying sooner!! How exciting... Jill and Julz...you don't have long now and you'll both be there!!! I can't wait to get there although this is second time round for me. It didn't work out the first time but am feeling really positive and determined now.

We must keep in touch and meet up when we are over there. It's so important to build a support network over there as it will get you through the lonely days when homesickness sets in!! My daughter will just love to be around other children...she thinks she's older than she is anyway.

We are looking to be near the Gold Coast but have been looking at lots of areas around the city, surfers and in between. We fly on 5th May and are staying in Thailand for 8 days on the way out. When we arrive in Oz we are staying in a place called Treasure Island at the gold coast for two weeks. It looks a bit like butlns and is cheap and cheerful with plenty to do for the little one. The plan is to hire a car for two weeks and literally get out viewing as many properties in as many suburbs as possible and to be in somewhere by the time our shipping arrives at the end of the two weeks. Definately sounds easy but we'll see!!!???? lol.

Jo - how are you finding life on the gold coast? Thank you for private messaging me. Made me realise that I actually needed to check my thread for replies lol...

It's very kind of you to invite us for coffeee when we get there...will look forward to that. I'm sure our little ones will love playing to gether too. I will deffo add you on facebook as I'm probably alot better on there than I am on here. I must forewarn you that I chat alot!! How are you and how is your life in Oz. Really hope that it is all that you hoped for.

Speak soon

Nat xxx

Archived