medicals posted. now what?

kellyjay

hi all, im going a litle crazy here, can anyone give me a rough idear. medicals were posted on 20th nov, all documents are in, i am just waiting and waiting. i gather that once the medicals are finalized we maybe looking at a couple of weeks before grant but how long from when the medicals are posted to get them finalized?. my nails are taking a serious battering at the moment.

anyone out there fancy taking a guess on this one.

thanks all

kelly

Guest MatandNic

Hi,

My meds were finalised after 12 days.

No-one can tell you for sure. Don't bank on it being just a few days once meds are finalised. It could be a lot longer and that is all down to the inner workings of DIAC. For some it has been quick (days) for others it has been weeks and in some cases months. And it's nothing to do with CSL, etc.

My Meds were finalised on 23 Nov and still waiting. Hang in there.

MatandNic

Hi,

Just to give my experience, I had my meds done on the Tue, the panel doctor posted couriered them on the Fri, they arrived at HOC on the Tue, and showed as 'met' the same day. The next day they changed to 'finalised' and the day after, we got our visa, so yep, as Matandnic say, its different for us all, but it can happen quite fast, depends, I think, on your case officer, and if there are any issues with the medicals that they have to look into.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon,

Cheers

Shaz

My medicals were recieved in sydney on 1st November. I only posted my visa application about 10 days ago. Is this why i have heard nothing about my medicals? I have had no correspondance whatsoever. Is this because they only look at them when they have looked at the visa app?

How can you tell when they are finalised - is there a way of tracking it?

thanks

Guest thebeatties

Hi Kellyjay,

there was a previous thread on the meds timescale, and i think it ranged from 2 to 18 days, with the average around 10days. As it was, our were 10days.

Hope this helps.

John

Mine went off on the 12th november I think. Been checking most days like most of you, but got an email off the case officer this morning to say that they had been met and would approve the visa by the end of the week. Just checked again, and noticed that its been granted today!!!! Yehhhhhhhhh

Hi All.

We are pretty much in the same boat. We had our medicals done on 24 Nov. Just found out today though that the clinic has only just posted them off today!!!

We have paid extra for them to go with DHL so they should get them pretty quick but our 28 day timeframe was up today!!

We have downloaded the invoice for the meds to our online application to prove that we attended our meds within the 28 day timeframe but will that be enough???

Melanie x:arghh:

Guest GillianM

Hi, we got our meds done on a Friday, it was start of Oct, then doctor sent bloods to hospital on the saturday, he said hed get results back following week. So he phoned me and said he posted them on the saturday, so that was a week after they were done they were sent to Oz. Then on 30th Oct meds were finalised.

Gillian

Put in the details on the page that I gave you the link of .... cant remember exactly but underneath the initial bit there is a first bit you can click on (which brings up your receipt), and the next bit you click on (details or something), it provides a list of the checklist and it will say either met or require details.

Thanks guys- the link you referred to was missing from your first post Julzcary...thats why i was confused! But iv got it now thanks.

Only prob is I didnt apply online so i havent got the TRN number that thye are asking for.

So don't really know how to track it now?? I'll have to wait for some kind of contact from them. All i know is they have taken the money from my credit card! Typical!

Thanks guys- the link you referred to was missing from your first post Julzcary...thats why i was confused! But iv got it now thanks.

Only prob is I didnt apply online so i havent got the TRN number that thye are asking for.

So don't really know how to track it now?? I'll have to wait for some kind of contact from them. All i know is they have taken the money from my credit card!

just wanted to say thanks to you all for your posts. i looked on our status page today and got really excited when i saw FINALIZED, that excitment didnt last very long when i realized that my medicals have been referred.agrhh. still waiting AGAIN

Hi All.

We are pretty much in the same boat. We had our medicals done on 24 Nov. Just found out today though that the clinic has only just posted them off today!!!

We have paid extra for them to go with DHL so they should get them pretty quick but our 28 day timeframe was up today!!

We have downloaded the invoice for the meds to our online application to prove that we attended our meds within the 28 day timeframe but will that be enough???

Melanie x:arghh:

Hi Melanie,

Don't worry, as long as you can prove that your medical appointment was within the 28 days, you'll be fine. We had an email from the clinic or alternatively your invoice will suffice, I'm sure. We're just a little way behind you, meds done in Birmingham on Dec 3rd but due to a problem with submitting our application online, it was done by post so we have no way of checking the progress online (although my husband thinks this is a good thing as we're not constantly checking!). Where are you headed? Good luck!

Cathryn x

Archived