Sunshine coast

Guest tinabeana

Guest liamandsaff
No way what a shame, Our daughter is also 13, the other one is 10? It would be lovely to catch up with you?

Look forward to it.

Regards,

Tina.

Hey Tina, are you coming along to Kings beach pool on thurday, 2-3o'clock-ish? Be good to see you there.

Sharon - we'll meet inside the pool area .....i think. I'm hoping it's not too crowded in there!

Look forward to seeing you all

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinabeana
Hey Tina, are you coming along to Kings beach pool on thurday, 2-3o'clock-ish? Be good to see you there.

Sharon - we'll meet inside the pool area .....i think. I'm hoping it's not too crowded in there!

Look forward to seeing you all

Hi all,

Would love to come and meet up but unfortunately Paul and i both work full time so we can only do evening and weekends? Please let me know when the next meet up will be?

Warmest Wishes,

Tina

Guest Dave & Angie

Would also be great 2 meet up with u guys aswell, wkends or early evenings are best for us as ive got 20mth old twins....:arghh: please dont all walk away, lol!!! and a 8yr old, been here 10wks so be really good to get together

Guest tinabeana
Would also be great 2 meet up with u guys aswell, wkends or early evenings are best for us as ive got 20mth old twins....:arghh: please dont all walk away, lol!!! and a 8yr old, been here 10wks so be really good to get together

Hi Dave & Angie,

It would be lovely to meet up with you both too. I am a twin, mum always said 2 was easier than 1?

Just let us know when you have time on your hands a meet up would be fab.

Talk Soon,

Tina xxx

Guest diddydiddydondon

Hi Tina

Have only just found this thread. I arrived with my familyo in QLD about 10 days ago, we spent 5 days in Mooloolaba one in Coolum and explored Buderim. We have moved to a short term (1 month let) in Brisbane. Our hearts our set on the Sunshine coast and trying to make it happen. Christmas is coming and suddenly feel very aware how far from friends and family we are. Please post any other social events would love to met some others who have made the leap.

Donna

P.s Family consists of husband a 11, 7 and 3 year old.

Guest stephaniel

Hi ya and welcome to Oz x. I believe there will be another meet up in January some time. The date and time will be announced soon i am sure X

Guest tinabeana

Hi Donna,

I don't blame you, the sunshine coast is definately the place to be. Hvae you looked at schools here? We live on Sippy Downs (just down the road from Buderim). We have been here for 5 years now and love it. We haven't planned any more meet ups as of yet, but you are more than welcome to come over for coffee and then if you like proceed to the RSL or Chancellors for a drink and meal? I am working full time and do not finish until Thursday 12 noon, so if you would like to catch up before it would have to be evenings (I'm working Monday until 7pm, options evening at the Uni) but after that or any other time we are free? We have nothing planned for Christmas as of yet, maybe we should have a Poms night at mine? BYO booze and a plate to share? We have a couple of spare rooms so you would be more than welcome to stay so you could have a drink or two, or three, maybe four, maybe more???? lol. I might put a post on this site (Sunshine Coast) and see if anyone else would like to join us, we met a couple of lovely families last week, and another couple are waiting for another get together and I can't think of a better time than Christmas, It's a time when we all miss our families and friends.

This is my mobile number: 0405 225 428 let us know if and when you would like to catch up? I will post an invite directly after I have finished this reply and we will see what sort of response we get and when would be best for all, either Christmas day or Boxing day? We are not fussed.

It was lovely to hear from you Donna, and if we can be of any help please do not hesitate to ask.

We look forward to meeting you.

Warmest Christmas wishes,

Tina, Paul and Girls xxxx

Guest tinabeana

Hi All,

Just a quickie, I am thinking of having a Pommy Chrismas get together at mine and was wondering if are all free and would like to join us?

It is that time of year when we miss our friends and families the most and rather than being a happy joyous occassion it ends up sad and lonely. But fortunately we have all found this site, so it need not be that way any longer, and although we cannot replace our old friends and family we can make new ones and enjoy what we have and the (right) decisions we have all made by moving here.

Please let me know if you would like to come and what day would suit the most, either Christmas Day around 6pm or Boxing day 6pm? (is that too late?).

Obviously I will not be able to please everybody if the days are split (unless I have two parties) lol. but once I can get an idea of who would like to attend and when, I can email you the day, time and my address.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

For those who are not interested have a merry chrismas and for those who are lets have a VERY MERRY Chrismas.

TTFN

Tina, Pauls and Girls xxxx

Guest cazbeckham

Tina

Thanks for the offer but we are in Brissie with our Daughter and as it is her Birthday on xmas Day she would never forgive me for going elsewhere.

We only live off Stringybark Road and have been here for 14 months today so maybe a beer or two in the new year would be great.

Have a great xmas and new year

Guest cazbeckham

oooppppsssss forgot to say that OH is 60 and me 59 so not nearly as young as you and our kida are grown up now.......... so maybe you may have second thoughts on meeting up with a couple of oldies - up to you........................ have a good one

Guest tinabeana

Hi Caz,

Well I am 40 and OH 45 so we are not that far behind lol, and besides age doesn't come in to it, good conversation and good company is all that counts. look forward to meeting you for beer in the very near future.

Warmest Wishes and a very Merry Christmas.

Tina, Paul and girls xxxxx

Don't let age be a barrier!!

A group of us meet up regularly here on the sunny coast, and have done for the last 5 years. We were all newcomers to the coast and range in age from late 20's-to me by far the oldest at 65!!! Most are in mid 40's-50's. We have been a great support for each other. It's females only except when we think a bbq would be in order, and then the men are invited, so we can drink and chat while they cook!

There were 20 of us at mine on friday for pre christmas bbq, so we are still going strong.

So my advice is get a group going, and enjoy yourselves, you won't regret it.

Have a great christmas.

Guest Dave & Angie
Hi Dave & Angie,

It would be lovely to meet up with you both too. I am a twin, mum always said 2 was easier than 1?

Just let us know when you have time on your hands a meet up would be fab.

Talk Soon,

Tina xxx

Hi Tina,

Im not sure that having 2 is easier whilst there still babies, well not my 2 anyway, or maybe thats just boys for yeah!!

Yeah a meet up would be good, we always go down the beach and see big groups of people having a chat & bbq and would love to do the same thing and meet new people, weve met a few friends but as christmas approaches you start to miss home and its the 1st christmas with the kids not seeing family, which makes me kinda sad!!!

anyway speak soon

Angie x:wubclub:

Guest tinabeana

Morning All,

Just a quickie, We have decided on Saturday evening (Boxing night) for our get together. from 6pm.

We are on Sippy Downs, let me know if you would like to join us for our Christmas drinks, kids welcome. BYO Booze and a plate to share. let me know if you would like to come and I will email you my address.

I look forward to seeing you all

Tina x

Guest tinabeana

Hi All,

hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to an even better New Year.

Lets catch up soon xxx

Guest The Gore Family

Hi Tina

i hope i am doing this right just signed up we are a family of 5 kids are 17 13 5 we have our per res visa and hope to be out july 2010. we are looking at moving up to the sunshine coast and when we get there would love to met and make friends anyone else who is going we would love to hear from you

hope the met goes well & hope to come to the next one

david heather & kids

Guest stephaniel

You will be more than welcome in the Sunshine Coast. There are alot of very friendly people here and you wont have a problem making friends at all. I have been here for 4 months now and its just soooooooooo lovely to live here , i cant believe how lucky i am.

We will see you in July i am sure x

Guest tinabeana
Hi Tina

i hope i am doing this right just signed up we are a family of 5 kids are 17 13 5 we have our per res visa and hope to be out july 2010. we are looking at moving up to the sunshine coast and when we get there would love to met and make friends anyone else who is going we would love to hear from you

hope the met goes well & hope to come to the next one

david heather & kids

Hi teh Gore Famil,

Looking forward to meeting you all, when you arrive here. July is a great time of year to come here. Please stay in touch and we will arrange to have a welcome BBQ in your honour.

Anything you need to know just ask?

Talk soon, and Happy New year.

Warmest Wishes,

Tina, Paul and Girls x

Guest ianvillaboy

Hi all

We have been here 3&half years now have a daughter who is nearly 14. we live in little mountain caloundra. Haven,t used this site for a while so missed the last meet up.

Always like to meet new people, happy new year to everyone

Guest diddydiddydondon

Hi Tina and everyone

We have been offline over xmas newyear, problem is now sorted for a short while. hopefullly moving in somewhere next week and may take a while to set up again. So missed your xmas get toghether. Once settled in house next week I'll phone.

Donna

Guest tinabeana

Hi Guys,

lovely to hear from you both. maybe we should arrange somethingfor the coming weeks? There are a few of you that I haven't met and would love to meet.

Any ideas????

Talk soon

Tina.

Guest diddydiddydondon

Sounds like a great way to move to an area. My kids 11,7 and 3 would love to meet other kids. After 3 months to and frowing, they are getting just a little fed up with each others company. I' ll be guided by you folks who know the area, up for most things.

Archived