carramar or currambine primary school

kellyjay

hi all, does anyone have anything to say about carramar and currambine primary schools. we will be emigrating next year and after months and months of research i have decided (i think) on these two area's. i have tried to apply for st stevens school but waiting lists are too long. i can see that carramar has cheaper properties than currambine so this would be the better option for us,but i am so hooked up on choosing the right school its driving me mad.:arghh:

any thoughts would be great.

kelly

You need to think long term about high schools too. Carramar at present is catchment for Wanneroo SHS which doesn't enjoy the best of reputations. Most of Currambine is in catchment for Ocean Reef SHS which has a better reputation. Both primary schools are considered good but quite large, both have upwards of 800 kids.

• 2 weeks later...
hi all, does anyone have anything to say about carramar and currambine primary schools. we will be emigrating next year and after months and months of research i have decided (i think) on these two area's. i have tried to apply for st stevens school but waiting lists are too long. i can see that carramar has cheaper properties than currambine so this would be the better option for us,but i am so hooked up on choosing the right school its driving me mad.:arghh:

any thoughts would be great.

kelly

Hi Kelly,

These areas of on our list too. We have 2 girls who need a Primary and Secondary place. I researched schools on Education Department of Western Australia - Schools Online. Let me know how you get on. Good luck.

hi jo and family,

yes i have also spent many nights on that site. its so difficult isnt it. i have had some good feedback about both schools, so i think i will leave it at that know and decide once im there. how old are your girls? we have molly 5, oliver nearly 3. when do you hope to be going? maybe you might be interested in the uk meetup at bluewater in feb.

let me know.

thanks.

kelly

Hi Kelly,

Our girls are now 5 (Freya) and almost 9 (Holly). We've decided we're probably going to wait until they've finished Infants and Juniors so summer 2012. That way Holly will repeat the end of year 6 so hopefully make some friends to take to high school with her. That's also just a more realistic goal and one which will probably come sooner naturally anyway if we stop worrying out it!

Be good to hear what you and your partner do just in case we can scratch eachothers backs! My husband is hoping to get a visa as an IT professional - SAP. I've just started training as a Dental Nurse.

Apparently it's acceptable to keep your children off school for about 3 months after emigrating to settle. By 5 months they'll be asking questions but you'll be well placed to pick a school by this time.

Keep in touch. I'll add you as a friend if that's OK.

Jo x

Hi Kelly,

Our girls are now 5 (Freya) and almost 9 (Holly). We've decided we're probably going to wait until they've finished Infants and Juniors so summer 2012. That way Holly will repeat the end of year 6 so hopefully make some friends to take to high school with her. That's also just a more realistic goal and one which will probably come sooner naturally anyway if we stop worrying out it!

Be good to hear what you and your partner do just in case we can scratch eachothers backs! My husband is hoping to get a visa as an IT professional - SAP. I've just started training as a Dental Nurse.

Apparently it's acceptable to keep your children off school for about 3 months after emigrating to settle. By 5 months they'll be asking questions but you'll be well placed to pick a school by this time.

Keep in touch. I'll add you as a friend if that's OK.

Jo x

Unless you are going to private school high school is entry year 8 not 7.

Unless you are going to private school high school is entry year 8 not 7.

Thank you. I didn't know this. Gives her an even better chance of settling and making friends.

Guest Allgood Girl

Hi Kelly

I live in Currambine & my little girl will be starting there in kindy at beginning of Feb, I know quite a few people whos kids have been there/are there etc & they have nothing but good things to say about it. Apparently it is bigger classes but that means nothing to me as i've never had to go through the school thing with a little one yet!!!!!!! IF you need any more advice on Currambine i can help you out. ALSO i can definitely say Carramar is a gorgeous suburb too( shopping centres dead cute there, know nothing about the schools although i'm sure they are fab & St Stephens the private school is one of the best around.

Anyway take care

Laura :-)

Archived