Varsity Lakes (GOLD COAST)

Hey there,

We are moving from Springfield nr Brisbane to Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast and wondered if there are any PIO members in the VL/Robina area that are around our age/have kid(s) similar age that want to meet up. Just looking to find a local friend base, no pressure. If we don't click; no worries! :hug:

Just drop us a line... we're not weird! :goofy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aussiegemandpauluk

Hi, my husband and I are moving to the area in October. We currently live in Colchester Essex where my husband was born and bred. I'm an Aussie but have lived in the U.K since 97', is time to come home! We are 32 and 33 and have a 3yr old daughter and a baby boy on the way in May. Yep....a 22 hour flight with a 3 yr old and a 5mth old, Awesome!! Wish us luck:arghh: We would love to meet up with other families in the area after we arrive. If you don't mind us contacting you in the future that would be great. If your husband likes golf even better as Paul will definitely be looking for some golf buddies in the area. We will be living with my parents in Paradise Point to begin with, is not too far from you guys, 'til we find our own place.

Gemma and Paul Rogers x

Jeez, everyone assumes it is the wife that does all the writing!!! Us boyes can do riting reel good too, yoo noe! :tongue:

Anyway, we'd love to meet up when you get out here, so stay in touch as you get ready for your move.

We did a flight back to the uk when Maia was just 2yo..... hmmmm don't envy you.

As for golf.... 'fraid not, football is more my thing. I've played golf once in my life and try to avoid it now!!! Your OH won't be alone though, nearly everyone seems to play golf out here.

Good luck with the move (albeit 9 months away).

Guest aussiegemandpauluk

Haha sorry my mistake, I admit I did assume it was the misses. Am sure you boyz do rite reel good two! Paul is into football too but hasn't played since his ligament reconstruction a few years ago. He supports Liverpool but I don't hold that against him. He was talking about looking round for a 5-a-side team maybe when we get there. Thanks for your reply and we will get in touch closer the time. Hope you guys aren't too hot over there at the moment!

Gem and Paul

lol! "too hot".....no such thing (that's why God invented AC)....I only complain when it is too cold (anything below 20!).

I have to admit, my football playing skills are not really up to scratch. I am as co-ordinated as a drunk mole. I used to play 5-aside, but that was just knock-about, no competitions. I play more of a supporting role. I used to be a season ticket holder for the Brisbane Roar, but have traded that for Gold Coast United now. It's the only thing I miss about the uk. I won't say anything about being a Liverpool fan if he doesn't mention that fact I am a Portsmouth fan. Anyway, I am hoping to get back on the surfboard now we are by the coast again.

See ya!

Guest aussiegemandpauluk

That's what my Dad says!! He always complains if it's less that 20 degrees, not that it ever is up there! Paul actually likes Portsmouth, so I think you will be o.k, haha. I'm sure he will look at season tickets over there as I think he'll miss the football too.

Gem and Paul

Archived