Anyone live in Newcastle or near?

Guest emmalouise29

Guest emmalouise29

Looking to make new friends in this area or up to Sydney as only 2 hours away. Have been here 2 years, my boyfriend is an aussie and im having a baby in Early Feb. Really want some english friends for fun and friendship and where we can help each other when homesicknesses kicks in and also to have a moan about oz to like minded English people......: )

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Australia

Hey gday!! Hubbie and I arrived in Newcastle in Nov and I am feeling really homesick, found out I was pregnant the other week,( have not had first scan yet so unsure how far gone.. prob around 6-9 weeks ? How are you feeling about living in Oz and do you like Newcastle area? Im currently living in Merewether. Have not made many friends just a few. Bet your excited about the birth.

Spk soon Kirstie x

Guest emmalouise29

Hi,

I have lived here 2 years, been home twice this year, well 2009. I have 5 weeks to go in my pregnancy, so not long. My boyfriend is from here, r u both English? How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Im 29 and this is my first baby. My friend used to live in Mereweather who is english but she has moved to Shoal Bay now.

Are you working over here? I was but not now.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Em : ):biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jenacar

Hi to both of you. I don't really know how to use this forum or exchange contact details but am in a similar situation to you both! Here for nine months so far and would be really delighted to meet up with other people like me! Jen :-)

Guest Beastiemum

Hi Guys - really glad I found this thread. me, hubby and our mini beasties (girls at 2 & 4) arrived last week from the UK! Staying in temp accommodation for the next 3 weeks but running around at the moment before I start work on the 9th feb desperately trying to find a rental house, sort a car out, childcare and school!!! Getting there slowly though. Sounds like you all have lots going on too especially with wee ones on the way :) I'd also really like to meet up with other UK folks - if nothing else just to be able to spend a bit of quality girlie time?? Have discovered Westfield Kotara Mall today which I was pretty impressed with - certainly matches Meadowhall or Trafford Centre anyway - just need to start work and get paid really so I can really enjoy it :)

Anyway - any meet up's would be great so either PM or we could sort out on here? We're looking at Merewether hopefully for rental - or Kotara, Warners Bay possibly so any advice would be gratefully received too. About me - I'm 38 - with the 2 mini ones as above - who although a handful ( especially on the flights over!!) are fabby really :)

Look forward to meeting up and saying hello properly :)

hey guys hello its leanne here we have lived in newcastle 4 weeks now we did live on the gold coast and met some great people there but my partner was not enjoying work and we both have family here in newcastle so decided to move here :) so if you guys are intrested in a meet up count us in :) leanne n lee

Guest Beastiemum

sounds like we can get a decent little social group going here :) We were thinking of Valentine, Warners Bay area but found a fab house in merewether and move in on the 19th :)

THing's may be a bit manic until then but we should all try and meet up in March sometime maybe?

Guest alimadge

Hi, I am moving to Newcastle in the summer, my husband and 18 year old are already there and I will join them when my 16 year old son finishes school. My husband is living out in the sticks at the moment where his factory is, so I would really love some advice on the nicest areas to settle in Newcastle and the best schools for my son. Any one got any views on Cameron Park the Northlakes estate?

Guest emmalouise29

Hello Everyone,

How about arranging a meet up for all of us in March/ April time. I also have made another friend via here who is from Liverpool with 2 littles ones as well.

I live in Minmi, is a bit far out or so you think at first but is just down the road from Cameron Park and Minmi is lovely more rural area have tennis court across the road and open fields where i can see horses, but is only 10 min drive from Glendale shopping centre and 25 min from Kotara which i to love.

Please everyone get back to me and we can arrange a meet up, this then could start up as a perm get togethers that we arrange etc for all us Brits here : )

Emma : )

Guest Beastiemum

Hey Emma :) Meet up Mar/Apr sounds a great idea - we should finally be settled by then ( I hope) !! If we keep it via this thread then at least I won't lose the way to contact folks! It sounds like you're in a great spot - we ended up going for something more central as my OH may be away a few nights a week and so didn't want to be out of it all too much - and also my commute to Broadmeadow is only 10 mins or so. And yep - already loving Westfield Kotara :) Meet up could be there??????? :):) or maybe an evening in a wine bar possibly!!

hiya, my husband and i live in valentine,which is on the lake! i think it is the nicest area to live .any where around the lake is lovely!

i guess it depends on wheather ya like living in around the busy 'er areas.if ya like living in the quite areas tlake is the best but things are still close by. newcaste centre is only 10/15 mins away and easy to get around.

hope that help a little! :cute:

leanne.

Hi, I am moving to Newcastle in the summer, my husband and 18 year old are already there and I will join them when my 16 year old son finishes school. My husband is living out in the sticks at the moment where his factory is, so I would really love some advice on the nicest areas to settle in Newcastle and the best schools for my son. Any one got any views on Cameron Park the Northlakes estate?

Guest alimadge
hiya, my husband and i live in valentine,which is on the lake! i think it is the nicest area to live .any where around the lake is lovely!

i guess it depends on wheather ya like living in around the busy 'er areas.if ya like living in the quite areas tlake is the best but things are still close by. newcaste centre is only 10/15 mins away and easy to get around.

hope that help a little! :cute:

leanne.

Thank you Leanne. I feel like I have a mountain to climb before I get there, what with organising the shipping, the dog and my son who does not want to move , and as my husband is already there I have to sort it out on my own. Planning on being there July/August time, so hopefully can meet up with you all then.

Thanks Alison.:confused:

:v_SPIN:Hi everybody,

I hope you don't mind me joining the group? We live in Eleebana and have been here just over 12 months we have met lots of lovely people but would like to meet more so a meet up would be great,count us in, we have 2 boys 5 and 11 who are loving it here, I'm not so sure one day I do and then the next day I don't but I suppose it's back to that old saying give it time.

Any way, should we all meet sooner rather that lateras this thread may get lost and forgotten about? It's only a suggestion what does everybody think?

Karen

Guest Beastiemum

:) That's now 7 of us to meet up and drink copious quantities of wine :):) Seems like we've all either gone for north Lake Macquarie shores or Junction/Bar Beach/Merewether areas - must be something in that?? We move into our new house on 19th so I must admit until things aren't exactly ideal (and especially until I get my first pay cheque at the end Feb!!) but we could possibly say first Fri in March? That way it could be a regular thing if folks fancy it and can make it without being a set date?? First Friday each month???? Just a suggestion :):)

Hi all,

I'm in Adamstown and have been here 10 months I have 2 year old and 6 year old both boys boys.

I've met up with a few people on here hi kas lol but would be up for a get together to meet a few more people.

Hopefully meet you all soon.

Pam

Guest thumbwitch

hello, have just joined PomsinOz - moved out here with Aussie husband and 2yo son last August but have just been back to the UK for 3 weeks (son and I only :twitcy:) and am feeling a bit homesick again already!

We live in Morisset, so a bit south of Newcastle.

yes thumbwitch I know what ya mean i went home for xmas and it takes a while to settle back in been back 6 weeks now still feel homesick lol :)

hello, have just joined PomsinOz - moved out here with Aussie husband and 2yo son last August but have just been back to the UK for 3 weeks (son and I only :twitcy:) and am feeling a bit homesick again already!

We live in Morisset, so a bit south of Newcastle.

:yes:Hi Folks,

So have we agreed the first Friday in March and is this with children or without?

We need to decide where and when,has anybody got any suggestions?

Karen

hiya everyone, i guess it depends on if ya want to swim or just a catch up?

the lake has some good safe places to swim( hint,no waves)for the kids or just a picnic/bbq where there is no swimming?

black butt reserve is great, which is near lampton ( no swimming but bbq's)

belmont park, near 16 ft sailling club( little swimmin area that is safe)bbq there as well!

Valentine park , on the lake side, can swim a little but bbq's as well!

just a couple of nice idea areas for us to enjoy a good english catch up, LOL!

hope to have helped???

leanne

Guest thumbwitch

I do at least know where Blackbutt reserve is - love it there too - good if kids are involved. Don't know the other places but there's always maps and things!

Spiers Point play park is quite good for kids too

:idea:Hi fellow poms,

Belmont Park sounds good to me as there is swimming if it's hot, and BBQ'S,but then again we could do Warners Bay on Friday night? good for kids,adults can enjoy a drink and there's a live band!! you bring your chairs and nibbles and kids bring there scooters etc,it's only a suggestion what does everybody think? Thanks Leanne for all your ideas either one would be ok to...

Love Karen

Archived