West Yorkshire Meet Up

Guest Sebbers

Guest Sebbers
I would like to say a big Thankyou to Andrea and Darren for arranging the meet. This was our first one we have attended and everyone made us feel welcome. Sorry for My hubby being a bit quite but he wasnt very well bless him. It was good to meet everyone and hope you stay in touch. Best of luck to those who are flying out soon and i only wish i was coming with you. LOL. THanks again.

Sorry your hubby wasn't feeling too well and having to go to work too afterwards nightmare!

It was very nice to meet both of you, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your visa.

It's always difficult going to these events when you don't know anyone there, glad you felt at ease with everyone, hopefully, it won't be too long before there's another one.

Andrea

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone from jim and helen,

we really enjoyed the meet up, we were really impressed how all of you were certain that moving to Australia was the right thing to do. As we explained when we were there i am more certain about 85% but helen, is more like 55%. She knows it will be a better life for the kids and she is really fed up with her job and not to mention the bleeding horrible weather. You inspired us with your positve thoughts about emigrating and we came away feeling enthused and also with some good advice and information. You all were really nice people and some were going to Australia, some like us were validating our visas and others were waiting for their visas and it made a good cross section of topics and discussions. It did make laugh, on how we all were sick of what is happening to our great country and our experiences were similar, concerning anti-social behaviour and not being able to let our kids play out, plus everything else which is aleady logged all over this site. Anyway we just would like to say a big thanks for being so nice and we wish you all the best in the future,

jim and helen.

Guest Sebbers
Hi everyone from jim and helen,

we really enjoyed the meet up, we were really impressed how all of you were certain that moving to Australia was the right thing to do. As we explained when we were there i am more certain about 85% but helen, is more like 55%. She knows it will be a better life for the kids and she is really fed up with her job and not to mention the bleeding horrible weather. You inspired us with your positve thoughts about emigrating and we came away feeling enthused and also with some good advice and information. You all were really nice people and some were going to Australia, some like us were validating our visas and others were waiting for their visas and it made a good cross section of topics and discussions. It did make laugh, on how we all were sick of what is happening to our great country and our experiences were similar, concerning anti-social behaviour and not being able to let our kids play out, plus everything else which is aleady logged all over this site. Anyway we just would like to say a big thanks for being so nice and we wish you all the best in the future,

jim and helen.

I'm glad you found the meet useful and wish you all the very best with whatever decision you make in relation to the move. Please give us an update when you return from your validation trip.

Andrea & Darren

Guest jacelynne

Hi All,

pleased we came down yesterday to meet you all. At least it was a nice day and the sun was shining! Perfect weather to discuss Oz!!! It was really good to hear everyone has the same doubts and concerns and that really we are all in the same boat.......saving like mad to move, organising everything, saying bye to friends and family!

Good luck to all who are moving soon........hopefully ours will go smoothly! Be sure to keep in touch and I will post on here what info we find out..... esp about the driving licence test!?!?!?!

I'm chasing movers today.... have decided not to use anglo after there massive price difference! Back to the drawing board!

Please do all keep in touch and if yous ever need anything just drop me a line!

xxxx

Guest Sebbers
Hi All,

pleased we came down yesterday to meet you all. At least it was a nice day and the sun was shining! Perfect weather to discuss Oz!!! It was really good to hear everyone has the same doubts and concerns and that really we are all in the same boat.......saving like mad to move, organising everything, saying bye to friends and family!

Good luck to all who are moving soon........hopefully ours will go smoothly! Be sure to keep in touch and I will post on here what info we find out..... esp about the driving licence test!?!?!?!

I'm chasing movers today.... have decided not to use anglo after there massive price difference! Back to the drawing board!

Please do all keep in touch and if yous ever need anything just drop me a line!

xxxx

Your input yesterday was most appreciated and thank you for taking the time to travel such a long distance to meet us all.

Good luck with the shippers and I hope all goes well with the move and things run smoothly for you.

Best of luck and maybe we'll see you in Perth very soon!

Take care

Andrea

Guest heljef1

Hi Andrea and Darren - and of course to everyone who we met on Sunday.

We enjoyed meeting you all and we wish everyone of you best of luck for the future, Hope it's a better and brighter one in Oz than it most definately would be here.......

Take care to all

Love Helen & Richard

Thanks to Andrea & Darren for sorting this out it was a good to meet people in the same boat.

Seams like a good few people from Leeds going to Oz too! :biggrin:

Hope it all works out for everybody and please keep in touch, especially those going to SA.

Thanks.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone,

i can't remember who it was who asked me about John Wright at Armley but i was talking to him at work today and i can't believe i couldn't place his face to his name, but i worked with him over 10 years ago on visits, close cropped hair and glasses, really nice bloke. Anyway just 10 days to go for us to our months reccie to Brisbane, we can't wait, bye bye winter- yipeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

cheers jim and helen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived