Derby/Midlands Meet Up?

Guest sabink

Guest sabink

Hi, anyone local at any phase of visa process want to meet up?

We have just had grant and planning our reccie visit to ACT/Canberra

Guest The Gore Family

Why ACT/Canberra

its bloody cold there in winter.

we are in Mansfield have got our PR Visa & heading to Bris in July get away from the COLD Snow & COLD where are you in Derby maybe could meet up

good luck

David Heather & Kids

Guest The Gore Family

just sent you a PM back hope to hear from you soon

dont worry too much when you get there after a while you will be able to move if you want to but take what you can if they are giving it out as it will start & is starting to get harder & harder to get in

all the best

David & Heather

Hi, anyone local at any phase of visa process want to meet up?

We have just had grant and planning our reccie visit to ACT/Canberra

Would love to as originally from Derby, however now in Melbourne Aus that is not melbourne in Derbyshire lol GL with the meet up but seriously don't go to Canberra cold, concrete purpose built a bit like milton keynes w/o the cows lol xx

Guest jmcbroom
Would love to as originally from Derby, however now in Melbourne Aus that is not melbourne in Derbyshire lol GL with the meet up but seriously don't go to Canberra cold, concrete purpose built a bit like milton keynes w/o the cows lol xx

Don't go to Melbourne either, can't make its mind up with the weather. Been on the Gold coast for 2yrs originally from Mansfield area. Great weather all year round, love it!

Guest The Gore Family
Don't go to Melbourne either, can't make its mind up with the weather. Been on the Gold coast for 2yrs originally from Mansfield area. Great weather all year round, love it!

Hi guys we are the Gore Family

we are heading out to the Brisbane area in June 2010 would love to know more about the gold coast what the housing is like cost ect what the schools are like what to avoid any info will help

also where abouts in Mansfield you from?? we live in Mansfield Woodhouse

why do you love it so much.

hope to hear from you soon

all the best

David & Heather:goofy:

Guest The Gore Family
hi we also are in mansfield and we are just starting out after a long break ;0

Hi guys where in Mansfield are you? when you say your just starting out are you just starting to get your visa sorted?

We live in the Mansfield Woodhouse area heading to the Brisbane area in June 2010.

we are looking to arrange a get together for people who are looking at moving over to oz give us a shout if you are interested would love to know your story>

All the best

The Gore Family

Guest jmcbroom
Hi guys we are the Gore Family

we are heading out to the Brisbane area in June 2010 would love to know more about the gold coast what the housing is like cost ect what the schools are like what to avoid any info will help

also where abouts in Mansfield you from?? we live in Mansfield Woodhouse

why do you love it so much.

hope to hear from you soon

all the best

David & Heather:goofy:

Hi, i'm from Shirebrook, hence u can see why i love it here so much! Seriously i love the weather, the lifestyle, my job is a lot better than what i had, quality of life, opportunity.

Housing is considerably more than what i was used to in Shirebrook, but weighing it up

u get more. I live 5 mins from the broadwater, 10 mins from surfers, 1 hr from Brisbane.

I'm a chippie,have been working all thru the recession, went back to work 4th jan. never did that in England, be lucky to get work in Jan. Not too sure what the schools are like in regard to teaching, as i have no kids, but i work on a lot of them in the Logan area and some of the public schools here are shocking. Nothing like manor, in fact, even shirebrook comp makes them look good. Plus they still used asbestos until 1992 here, until they finally got rid of it so some of the schools are full of it. I sometimes have to work with/ remove it so i know this for a fact. There are some decent newer ones, but not nearly as many as the old ones that should have been knocked down years ago!

Hope i've answered a few questions, if there's anything else i can help u with, ask!

J Mc

Baloney, Jabba! Canberra is actually a good place to live in and bring up kids in! We have bronze roos and sheep instead of the cows! It isnt as cold as it used to be - the centres are becoming quite dynamic with new builds and alfresco dining is becoming very popular - long time since Gus set the pavement cafe culture in train.

Guest The Gore Family

Hi J Mc

at least you got out some people have never been seen again when they went to Shirebrook.

how long have you been a chippie? i am a property developer & gained my NVQ & city & Guilds in joinery 2 years ago only ever worked for myself what sort of work do you do?? Do you work of a large firm? whats the pay rate like? whats the hours like?

i would like to start a kitchen company up out there what are the kitchens like compaired to over here, as some we saw on TV dont look great?

do you have family let over here? how are you coping with that?

lots of questions sorry about that.

anyway hope you are well & having fun

talk to you soon

David & Heather

Guest jmcbroom

Hello again, i'm currently contracting to a small firm (owned by english), mostly doing maintenance. Some of the work is real estate, some of it is for Q build, which is like the council over there. Thats how i know about the schools. Its not a long term thing for me, thinking about getting my license soon so i can broaden my horizons, but its not cheap , and its time consuming. I'm doing around 40hrs per week, sometimes more, money is pretty good $35 an hour, but you can get more than that elsewhere.

The kitchens here are good, most people tend to have granite tops, i have recently fitted a new kitchen in my place and had laminate top, had to get the trend worktop jig sent from uk as i couldn't get hold of 1 from here! that was annoying. You could probably do well from kitchen fitting.

I came here with my girlfriend but she is going back next month, misses her family a lot. I'm gonna stay here and see how things go for a while. As you can imagine its a bit strange for me at the moment, but i've got a few friends and that helps.

J.Mc

Archived