anyone enjoy clubbing in sydney?

Guest dom&corrie

Guest dom&corrie

hi i'm pretty new to Sydney. Moved out last year and living near Castle Hill with my husband and 2 kids. In UK I had big social life and went clubbing with girlfriends quite often as dancing is not my husbands thing! ( i'm young 34yr old!!! ) Since we have been here we have made some nice friends but everyone my age just seems to want to have bbq's and dinner parties which is lovely but i am missing big city nights out and dance music!!! Is there anyone out there who wants to meet up and go clubbing in sydney city? Please help i'm getting old before my time!! Corrie x

This is something that worries me and my fiance (we're both 29) - we love clubbing and most of our circle of friends in England are fellow clubbers and we don't know how we're going to find like minded people over in Oz (when we eventually get there hopefully!)

I'm coming over with my partner in April. I'm 29 and he is 21. We'll go out clubbing with you every night. Party time !!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm coming over with my partner in April. I'm 29 and he is 21. We'll go out clubbing with you every night. Party time !!!!!!

At least thats 3 clubbers I know of now! Lol.

Guest dom&corrie

That sounds great. Its not that we haven't met some nice people its just that none of them want to go out in the city..... aaagghh! I would love to hear from you when you get here! look me up if you send me a pm i can give you my mobile. Corrie xxx

Guest kelly26

hey, i'm kelly i live in gladesvile, i too miss a great night out and would be happy to meet up.

i have a 4 year old daughter, am 26 myself.

I am seprated from my partner so have a child free weekend with nothing to do.

i would be more than happy to go clubbing with you at the weekend,..lol

my email is kellytaylor1983@hotmail.com if you interested

Guest dom&corrie

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your reply, I sent you a PM but if you didn't receive it let me know and I will send it again. Hope to catch up soon!

Corrie x

Hey Corrie, I'm new to this site and new to sending replies to "threads"..but not new to clubbing! Loved it when I was 18 onwards and still love it at 44!

Living near Castle Hill too, trying to find some decent pubs round here with music. Have you found any? We've been here since November and would love to have a great night out...might take us longer to recover....but who cares??!!

hi i'm pretty new to Sydney. Moved out last year and living near Castle Hill with my husband and 2 kids. In UK I had big social life and went clubbing with girlfriends quite often as dancing is not my husbands thing! ( i'm young 34yr old!!! ) Since we have been here we have made some nice friends but everyone my age just seems to want to have bbq's and dinner parties which is lovely but i am missing big city nights out and dance music!!! Is there anyone out there who wants to meet up and go clubbing in sydney city? Please help i'm getting old before my time!! Corrie x

My missus (same age) is the same and sometimes her and a few of the girls go out in the city, I'll let you know when they next plan something.

Guest spangle

hey,

wow, just found this site, what a great place to get info and meet people!

I'm 36, living in Gladesville with an 18 month old boy. LOVE clubbing, always have, and always will (since Cream/renaissance and too many weeks in Ibiza!!). Sadly can't get out much now with the bub but am definitely keen for a night out if you know of something good to go to!!

Haven't found many places that play decent music in Sydney, keep ending up in awful places full of hen nights or really trashed teenagers.

Anyone found anywhere decent? Would love to come along if so :)

Guest dom&corrie
Hey Corrie, I'm new to this site and new to sending replies to "threads"..but not new to clubbing! Loved it when I was 18 onwards and still love it at 44!

Living near Castle Hill too, trying to find some decent pubs round here with music. Have you found any? We've been here since November and would love to have a great night out...might take us longer to recover....but who cares??!!

Hi yes the night life is pretty quiet here in the hills. In castle hill its either the RSL or the Hillside Tavern..... Both ok on a fri/sat but not quite like a big city club!!! Mind you it is still fun just to get out and meet new friends! As for the city clubs I haven't been able to try many yet so will need to get recommendations....... Any ideas anyone!!! At least if we all went out we could share taxis home! Would love to meet up with everyone who has replied to this thread so lets pick a date and venue!!

Corrie xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spangle

Not sure if anyone is free next Friday, and fancies meeting up for some drinks and maybe a club/dance in the city?

There are a couple of dance nights on – I’ve never been to either before so I’ve no idea whether they would be good or not! And it all depends on what sort of dance music everyone likes – house, trance?

There is a house night at the Civic (a basement club under the Civic hotel on Pitt St) inthemix | What's On | Future Classic Label Night: Classixx (USA)

and a trance night at Arq (gay club on Oxford St) inthemix | What's On | United Colors of Trance

I’ve been to trance nights at Arq before and they are usually pretty fun, and colourful!

Arq is a great little club, small but good sound system.

No idea about the civic – as I’ve only been to the pub upstairs.

There is also always the regular house night at Chinese Laundry at the Slip Inn, or if you are brave, hard dance on at Subbies at Home?

Or anybody got any other ideas or places they want to try? I’ve found clubbing in Sydney a very different experience to that in the UK, so I could be going to the wrong places….!

Love house music, went to Arq sometime last year, quite good. Always willing to try something new.

Thinking about going to the Mardis Gras on 6 March...David Guetta, Carl Cox .....(10pm to 8am!).

which Friday you thinking of?

Guest Steve Warnock

not much of a dancer myself either hehe but my Fiance ( 26) misses the girly dancing nights a lot! anyone got any recommendations as to good places? we generally been drinking in surry hills bars so far

Does anyone know of any good message boards in Aus? I was a member of the now defunct Goodgreef board and am still a member of the Matt Hardwick board - always found them v useful for meeting new pol and finding out about good nights.

@ Spangle: is inthemix any good?

Guest spangle

hey wobwob,

inthemix is ok. Great for finding out what DJ's are coming out and nights that are happening, but the forums are huge and really unfriendly so its not great for meeting people.

If you like trance music http://www.trancetribe is ok. Really small but pretty friendly.

I'm a trance fanatic but Sydney doesn't really cater for that. Or maybe it just isn't that popular anymore?!

• 2 weeks later...
hey wobwob,

inthemix is ok. Great for finding out what DJ's are coming out and nights that are happening, but the forums are huge and really unfriendly so its not great for meeting people.

If you like trance music www.trancetribe is ok. Really small but pretty friendly.

I'm a trance fanatic but Sydney doesn't really cater for that. Or maybe it just isn't that popular anymore?!

Trance not popular anymore?! :shocked:

Love my trance, heading to Melbourne partly cos we know we'll still get to see van Dyk and Armin (amongst others) at least once a year. Making one last trip to Ibiza in June in anticipation of hopefully getting our visa later in the year.

Thanks for the heads up about trancetribe :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

hey there! trying to organise a meet-up this Friday night if any of you fancy? Think men/partners welcome too, but will def be some good opportunities for some girlie chats/and to meet/organise a girlie night out in future... Am trying to organise it in a bar so we can dance a bit too if we feel like it ;)

Guest SeanDoyle

hey i am in the same boat, love my clubbing but Sydney either has one extreme or the other. Either a full on club like Tank or these bars that attempt to be clubs like Bungalow 8 etc etc. I DJ at quite a lot of places but quite often dont bother going out as I dont get the same enjoyment of it like i did back home, all seem to play the same sort of music !

Archived