How about a meet-up in Manchester / North West?

Guest Benchola

Guest Benchola

Just to make sure we get as many people to this as possible, I've opted for the first weekend in March - Sunday 07 March 2010. I've asked the moderator team to add it to the calendar.

Looking forward to meeting you all then!

:hug:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benchola
Hi

We're off to Melbourne in April and we'd love to come along too.

We're a family of 4. 2adults and 2 kids (8 & 10). We live in Tamesde (Mossley).

Sue

Fabulous. Keep checking back and I will confirm the venue soon.....

Just to make sure we get as many people to this as possible, I've opted for the first weekend in March - Sunday 07 March 2010. I've asked the moderator team to add it to the calendar.

Looking forward to meeting you all then!

:hug:

Great big thanks for changing the date, if there are any problems nearer the time will definantly let you know, will be nice to try and make some buddies before we get there then wont be as lonely !!

Will be good x

Guest kirstig123
Hi

We're off to Melbourne in April and we'd love to come along too.

We're a family of 4. 2adults and 2 kids (8 & 10). We live in Tamesde (Mossley).

Sue

Hi Sue, Cant wait to see you all again and catch up. PM me when you are free over h/term. K x

Guest adsmith

Hi Benchola, + everyone else

May I suggest The Stablegate on Alphagate Drive in Denton as a venue. Its right off the M60 just 1 or 2 jcns from Stockport - has a ballpool, climbing frames etc and a premier inn right next door.

We had the last Tameside meet up there and it was a blast! They catered well for us too. We met Gary and Helen there (WDU episode19) and a good few others.

check this link for the organisation details http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/67573-tameside-surrounding-area-s-meet-up.html

I havent posted on here in a while but things have really moved on for us over the past couple of months. We now have visas, a sold house and some one way plane tickets for September 15th 2010

Perth here we come

Ads

That sounds fab, will definitely look into it, and will have a toot at the link too. We were supposed to be at the Tameside meet up but couldn't make it at the last minute. Congrats on the visas, the house sale and the one way tickets - must feel like the dream is actually happening now? some very busy times in front of you but I bet you can't wait.

Sx

Guest ozzysteve

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies...we would love to meet up with everyone.

Is anyone heading to Perth???

Cheers

Sam and Steve

Guest Benchola
Hi everyone

Cheers

Sam and Steve

Not sure about anyone else but we're off to Brissy.

Re the meet-up we should be able to confirm the venue tomorrow.

Very much looking forward to it!

Hi everyone

Cheers

Sam and Steve

Hiya,

Hopefully were heading to Perth, just had medicals last weeks so should have news on our visa soon, whereaouts are you in the LONG process ??

wanda

Guest ozzysteve
Hiya,

Hopefully were heading to Perth, just had medicals last weeks so should have news on our visa soon, whereaouts are you in the LONG process ??

wanda

Hi Wanda

We have got our visa and we're just awaiting to sell our house :arghh::arghh:

Hopefully see you at the meet up!!!

Thanks

Steve and Sam

Guest Benchola

Just been on the phone to the Stable Gate in Denton to confirm arrangements and its the managers day off today but they will get back to me within 24 hours so as soon as they do I can confirm things on here.

Sx

Guest ozzysteve
Just been on the phone to the Stable Gate in Denton to confirm arrangements and its the managers day off today but they will get back to me within 24 hours so as soon as they do I can confirm things on here.

Sx

sorry we didn't realise that you needed to book. We're a family of four....

Cheers

Sam and Steve:biggrin:

Hi Wanda

We have got our visa and we're just awaiting to sell our house :arghh::arghh:

Hopefully see you at the meet up!!!

Thanks

Steve and Sam

Hi Steve, Sam

Well done on the visa, and hope the house sells quick !! Its a nightmare we havent even started yet, the tying everything up at the same time I dread it !!

We will defo be at the meeet, and by then have our visas ????

wanda & wayne

Guest ozzysteve
Hi Steve, Sam

Well done on the visa, and hope the house sells quick !! Its a nightmare we havent even started yet, the tying everything up at the same time I dread it !!

We will defo be at the meeet, and by then have our visas ????

wanda & wayne

Hiya

I agree, it's all about the timing isn't it!

Good Luck with your visas and we look forward in meeting up/

Cheers

Guest scubabud

Hi

have only just come across this thread, would love to meet up, we're hopefully heading for Perth and it would be great to meet people before we go.

Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet.

Guest barrytheplumber

hi mate.

I am 46 my wife is nearly 37 we live in Sale, I am originaly from Cheadle Hulme. I am new to the forum and have posted my first thread tonight entitled ' 3rd time luck our story so far '. If you read it and would like to keep in touch my email is bhawkes69@yahoo.co.uk.

regards, Barry..

Guest barrytheplumber

hi mate. my first time tonight aswell. I posted a thread called ' 3rd time lucky our story so far' under the WA heading. Would be interested in chatting to people who are heading to Perth. cheers, Barry...

Guest ozzysteve
Hi, we are new to this site and would love to join you all at this meet up. We are Sharon, Mark, Oliver(10) and Bethany (8). Hoping to head to Perth later this year. Applied for 176 visa 8/2/10 - now the waiting begins!

Thanks Sharon

Hi Sharon, Mark, Oliver and Bethany,

Welcome to Poms in Oz!

Good Luck with your Visas, it will be worth the wait!!

We're really looking forward to meeting up in March, see ya there

Lol Sam and Steve:biggrin:

:biggrin:

Hi am just wondering has anything actually been finalised for the meet up, last message i read was they was contacting them in 24hrs and would get back to people on here but not heard anything unless i have missed it? thanks alot for your help and hopefully will be able to make it.

Me...Lindsey 34, Spencer 36, Declan 5 and Dylan 2

Sugar, thought I had already confirmed.

The Stablegate got back to me and said everything was fine. I just need to let them have a rough idea of numbers a day or two before so it would be great if everyone could say how many are in their party. The area should be the conservatory part of the pub and we are hoping to have a few PIO signs up to make it obvious where we are. Any questions or suggestions let me know.

Sx

sorry we didn't realise that you needed to book. We're a family of four....

Cheers

we don't need to book per se, but just wanted to make them aware that a large group of people may be descending on them and may want food etc. This way we can get a large area reserved rather than upsetting the other patrons be nicking all their tables.

Sx

we don't need to book per se, but just wanted to make them aware that a large group of people may be descending on them and may want food etc. This way we can get a large area reserved rather than upsetting the other patrons be nicking all their tables.

Sx

HI,

we still on for the 7th March then ?, were defo coming !

Guest Benchola
HI,

we still on for the 7th March then ?, were defo coming !

Yep, still on for 7th March. 12.30. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Archived