Mums in Maroochydore?!?

Guest pommygirl83

Guest pommygirl83

Hey all, my husband and I moved to Maroochydore 4 months ago and I'm struggling to find any baby groups to meet other mums. I have a 2 year old and am expecting again in April. If anyone is in a similar situation and fancies meeting up then let me know!!

Thanks, Emma

Guest Littlescottie

Hi Emma,

Hope you and bump are keeping well. I'm a bit further away as we are based in Cooroy near Noosa. We have just moved her too and have a two year old little girl called Isabella. Would be lovely to meet up with the little uns, but I start work as a teacher on the 22nd. If you are heading down this way as a family at anytime give us a shout and we can meet up, there are some lovely parks and the river for the kids to play in while we grad a coffee (the wine can wait until after April haha)

Tracy

Guest pommygirl83

Hello! Funnily enough my husbands parents live in Cooroy!! Unfortunately we don't have a car yet (fingers crossed we get one soon or I'll be going to the labour ward on the bus!). If you are free the beginning of next week I could get the bus to Noosa and we could get the girls togther, if not if you're ever down Maroochydore way let me know! When we have a car we are usually in Cooroy every other weekend so will be cool to meet up then!

How are you settling in? We are struggling to meet anyone!! Good luck with your new job!

Thanks, Emma

Guest Littlescottie
Hello! Funnily enough my husbands parents live in Cooroy!! Unfortunately we don't have a car yet (fingers crossed we get one soon or I'll be going to the labour ward on the bus!). If you are free the beginning of next week I could get the bus to Noosa and we could get the girls togther, if not if you're ever down Maroochydore way let me know! When we have a car we are usually in Cooroy every other weekend so will be cool to meet up then!

How are you settling in? We are struggling to meet anyone!! Good luck with your new job!

Thanks, Emma

Hi Emma,

Sorry I havent been back to you sooner....the joys of trying to sort out internet eh!!! We have settled in well thanks and it just takes time as i'm sure you know....especially to adjust to this heat! Cant believe you even know where Cooroy is...haha so funny and such a small world!! What are you guys up to this weekend? If your free we could come down to see you. We have a car and are looking for another one at the moment too so would be good to compare notes. My email address is tracexsx@yahoo.co.uk if you fancy catching up....we have no plans (and its not often ive been able to say that on a weekend!!)

Tracy

• 6 months later...
Guest donnaflutterby

Hi Emma, my husband and i arrived in Maroochydore 3 weeks ago. Just wondering did you manage to find any toddler groups in the area? i have a 21 month old son. He's on a waiting list for a nursery but im keen to find a mums and tots group so i can meet other mums! how are you settling in? thanks. Donna

• 1 month later...
Guest pommygirl83

Hey, sorry for taking so long to reply, we have been without the internet for months! How are you settling in to Maroochydore? We have actually moved to Tewantin as the house we were renting in Maroochydore went up for sale.

I never managed to find many toddler groups although the library does something and the Salvation Army and one of the churches by the plaza holds music on a Tuesday morning which was good.

Let me know if you want to catch up though as there are a few English families I know up here and we're all in the same boat- trying to settle in somewhere new! Where have you moved from?

Hope things are going well, Emma.

Guest donnaflutterby

Hi Emma, thats ok no worries. I found a mums and tots at Maroochy babtist church on a wednesday which is great and ive started my little boy on swimming lessons too. So slowly filling our week! no joy yet on getting him in the playgroup, theres a long waiting list of about 30 kids, but its just around the corner from where we live so hopong something will come up there in the next few months.

We are from the Isle of Man, where abouts have you moved from? i havent got a car at the moment, my husband has it during the day - but if your in the area and fancy meeting at cotton tree park during the week or something let me know. Yeah its going to take a while making friends etc, one thing though at least with kids it makes it a little easier - but weve only been here 3 months so these things take time i guess! but we are loving the area here, handy with me not having the car i can walk pretty much everywhere i need to go.

Well i hope your settling into your new home.

Donna

• 3 weeks later...
Guest clazzaclan

Hi all, I am new to the sunshine coast and I am looking for playmates for my daughter 3 and son,16 months! We R 10 mins from Marrochodyre and 20 mins from Caloundra. I have transport so easy to arrange and meet! Look forward to hearing from anyone with children!

Archived