Guest guest36187

Afternoon all, mum received her queue letter today!

She applied 16/12/2020

Position Number: 60169818

Research showing visa grant would be 2031 is that about right?

I thought once a queue letter was assigned it wouldn’t be as long. Any thoughts would be helpful as she wants to figure out her planning timeline!

Cheers

5 hours ago, Davewithapommum said:

Afternoon all, mum received her queue letter today!

She applied 16/12/2020

Position Number: 60169818

Research showing visa grant would be 2031 is that about right?

I thought once a queue letter was assigned it wouldn’t be as long. Any thoughts would be helpful as she wants to figure out her planning timeline!

Cheers

The queue date is simply the date she applied - means they’ve checked it’s a valid application and it’s in the queue . 

The position number is actually the staff number of the person who contacted you. 

Visa grant is possibly February 2029 

• Like 1

Finally - it’s my turn to receive my 143 grant today 12/7/24!! Been a long wait - 7 years and 3 weeks

Time line as follows:-

Applied 143 on 21/6/17
Request for further docs  18/3/24
All docs to be sent by 16/4/24

Australian police cert applied 21/3/24 and received 25/3/24
Medical booked on 21/3/24 for later date 
First part of AOS completed 23/3/24
UK police cert applied 25/3/24 
E medical completed online on 27/3/24
Medical (Northern visas) completed 8/4/24
UK police cert received 15/4/24
AOS  interview 28/5/24
AOS letter to pay bond 31/5/24
AOS bond paid at Commonwealth Bank 12/6/24 - delay - needed 2 visits as they requested cheque rather than Bank transfer 
2nd VAC requested 17/6/24 and paid same day 
143 granted 12/7/24 

I’m most grateful for the excellent service from Alan Collett and his wonderful team Pauline and Sarah at Go Matilda Visas. 

They answered every query promptly and figuratively “held my hand” during these last few stressful months. 

I’m actually in a state of disbelief after so long ! 😃

I hope that you all eventually get your visas and that the parent review goes easy on you all.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 9

35 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Finally - it’s my turn to receive my 143 grant today 12/7/24!! Been a long wait - 7 years and 3 weeks

Applied 143 on 21/6/17

AOS  interview 28/5/24
AOS bond paid at Commonwealth Bank 12/6/24 - delay - needed 2 visits as they requested cheque rather than Bank transfer 
143 granted 12/7/24 

I’m most grateful for the excellent service from Alan Collett and his wonderful team Pauline and Sarah at Go Matilda Visas. 

They answered every query promptly and figuratively “held my hand” during these last few stressful months. 

I hope that you all eventually get your visas and that the parent review goes easy on you all.

Thanks for your kind words, Linda - and for asking us to help.

Sending best wishes for your future in Australia!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wanting to let everyone in queue know that I received a request for further documents for my mums 143 application on Tuesday. Her application date was 30/6/2017 - so much for the 24/36 month processing time given by immigration back in 2017! Unfortunately Mum passed away 6 weeks ago 😞

The only solace for me is that she at least got to spend her last few years with us here in Australia on a 870 visa, so we are very grateful for that.

Someone else will be moving up the queue one more place too, so good luck to everyone waiting. xx

• Sad 4

11 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Congratulations Linda.  It’s a wonderful feeling isn’t it.  Where abouts do you plan moving to?

Hi Tulip. I’ll be heading to Sydney but not till towards the end of the year probably. Need to sell my apartment - downsized from the big house 8 years ago thinking my visa would come in next couple of years ! How naive I was !! 
Also declutter and  generally close up my life in UK. It feels a bit daunting actually ! But some may have just this so I assume I’ll get through it! Still a bit dazed by it all!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi Tulip. I’ll be heading to Sydney but not till towards the end of the year probably. Need to sell my apartment - downsized from the big house 8 years ago thinking my visa would come in next couple of years ! How naive I was !! 
Also declutter and  generally close up my life in UK. It feels a bit daunting actually ! But some may have just this so I assume I’ll get through it! Still a bit dazed by it all!! 

I got my 143 visa last year but I’m still in the UK at the moment.  My plan was always to move over in 2026 and that’s still my plan.  I might bring it forward a little but I’m still working right now and that will likely continue until early 2026.  I feel incredibly lucky that I have my visa and despite it taking a long time to get I also feel very grateful to Australia for giving me the opportunity.  I too find the move a little daunting as I will be starting over on my own but mostly I feel excited by the challenge of a retirement somewhere new and all the wonderful things that may come with that.  Good luck to you.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2024 at 18:07, Tulip1 said:

I got my 143 visa last year but I’m still in the UK at the moment.  My plan was always to move over in 2026 and that’s still my plan.  I might bring it forward a little but I’m still working right now and that will likely continue until early 2026.  I feel incredibly lucky that I have my visa and despite it taking a long time to get I also feel very grateful to Australia for giving me the opportunity.  I too find the move a little daunting as I will be starting over on my own but mostly I feel excited by the challenge of a retirement somewhere new and all the wonderful things that may come with that.  Good luck to you.

Have you already activated your visa? I know I have 12 months  from grant date to activate it by entering Australia. Given air fares are so expensive now and I’ve a lot to unravel in UK I don’t want to visit just to activate the visa then  again to migrate over. 
I retired a few years ago and declutterred when downsizing - but I seem to have accumulated a lot more again !🤣

6 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Have you already activated your visa? I know I have 12 months  from grant date to activate it by entering Australia. Given air fares are so expensive now and I’ve a lot to unravel in UK I don’t want to visit just to activate the visa then  again to migrate over. 
I retired a few years ago and declutterred when downsizing - but I seem to have accumulated a lot more again !🤣

Yes I made sure I activated mine within the 12 months.  It was a strange but lovely feeling to just turn up at the airport without having a get the usual holiday visa in place.  I would have hung on like you plan to if I was making the move within the year.  

On 12/07/2024 at 04:44, LindaH27 said:

Applied 143 on 21/6/17

AOS  interview 28/5/24
143 granted 12/7/24 

Many congratulations!  Fabulous news.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I applied back in August 2021. Will I need to do anything when the department assigns me into the queue? Will I need to do any medical tests or submit any documents then? Just trying to prepare myself. Thanks. 

On 12/07/2024 at 13:44, LindaH27 said:

Applied 143 on 21/6/17

AOS  interview 28/5/24
143 granted 12/7/24 

Just popped on here to get a feel of timings & am so delighted to read this. Congrats Linda! I remember you were so helpful with my multiple random questions when my parents applied, and it wasn't too long ago that you were staring down the barrel of a 3-4 years' wait, and now it's happened. Gives me hope too! My parents are Sept 2017 applicants so not looking like they'll get processed for another 18 months at least, but great to see forward momentum.

Edited by Qflyer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Parent visa - Processing times - Dec 23 - was June 2017. Last month July 2024 - now processing July 2017 - it's taken 6 months to process one month. So does the FOI on visa applications provide for this processing of time. If only one month of visa applications are processed in 6 months then anyone waiting now how can they have any idea of how long they will need to wait? It must be so stressful for so many families. 

8 hours ago, Mar said:

Parent visa - Processing times - Dec 23 - was June 2017. Last month July 2024 - now processing July 2017 - it's taken 6 months to process one month. So does the FOI on visa applications provide for this processing of time. If only one month of visa applications are processed in 6 months then anyone waiting now how can they have any idea of how long they will need to wait? It must be so stressful for so many families. 

There was a very large number of applications in May and June 2017.  It has taken 12 months to process.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2024 at 13:44, LindaH27 said:

Applied 143 on 21/6/17

AOS  interview 28/5/24
143 granted 12/7/24 

Congratulations! 

On 02/08/2024 at 01:30, Qflyer said:

Just popped on here to get a feel of timings & am so delighted to read this. Congrats Linda! I remember you were so helpful with my multiple random questions when my parents applied, and it wasn't too long ago that you were staring down the barrel of a 3-4 years' wait, and now it's happened. Gives me hope too! My parents are Sept 2017 applicants so not looking like they'll get processed for another 18 months at least, but great to see forward momentum.

Only just seen this ! Thank you - I’m busy decluttering and making preparations to tie up everything. That’s almost daunting as the waiting was! 

I think you may hear from immi sooner than you think. I’ve seen posts on social media where early September 2017 have been asked for further docs - hard to believe isn’t it ??
Good luck. I’ll pop in again soon.