Need some friends in Melbourne!

Guest RobPam2OZ

Hi, Can we join in with your social whirl?

Going through the 457 visa wait at the moment, but have booked flights for 6th April. Hopefully going to be in St Kilda as we already have a couple of people we know who live in that area. Hubs will be working in the CBD in IT, and I will be starting the job hunt for an admin role when we get there.

Both are 29 and no kids, so looking for friends to get us out there and making the most of Melbourne life.

Hoepfully see you all soon!

Pamela & Roberto

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest golden grahams

Gill and Chris thats sounds good will get back to you with a deffinate but pencil it in.

Kelly could always aim to meet you after work, if you want, obviously if Chris agrees

Guest Kathryn7

hello

is this an open invitation? a hair of the dog might be the order of the day after the drinks night on 27th. are any of you going??

K x

Excellent, i work 9-5, monday - friday, and karen my OH, works shifts but gets every other weekend off, and the kids have it very cushy as they get every weekend off, do fancy a quick bevvy or two this Sunday afternoon?

Lou/Dan, fancy joing us, actually that is an open invite, Kelly Chis fancy any impromtu beer?

Dam, gonna be in Tas this weekend so we're not going to be able to make Sunday. We'll be up for another Sunday session when we get back though.

Guest Kathryn7
Dam, gonna be in Tas this weekend so we're not going to be able to make Sunday. We'll be up for another Sunday session when we get back though.

am i getting my wires crossed? are sunday drinks this sunday or 28th?

i thought we were going down the pub? more than happy to be in a park with bbq and beer, shall i bring the boules? will be 'there' at 4pm after work.

Mark what do you reakon??

Park, federation sq or back to charlie dick's?

someone make a decision, im all out of them!!

Guest golden grahams

was gonna make it Charlie Dickens this time at around 4, as there has not been much planning for BBQ, and was mainly me in need of a bevvy, LOL.

if the 20th BBQ goes well, am all up for organising another get together.

and yes it is open to all, so if in the area pop in say hello and have a beer.

was gonna make it Charlie Dickens this time at around 4, as there has not been much planning for BBQ, and was mainly me in need of a bevvy, LOL.

:biggrin: c u there!!

Guest Kathryn7

cool, i'll try pop along

Guest catpuls

Hi I'm Cat and I am from Tamworth near Birmingham.

I'm quite new to all of this but I have just been granted my spousal visa this week, we are moving out to Melbourne on the 17 March and I am scared!!! My husband is from Melbourne but has been living in Europe for the last 14 years so we both need to make friends. Would love to meet up with anyone, hopefully we will be living in the city centre. Will post back on here when we arrive and hope we can make the meet up at the end of March - will anyone be going to that?

Guest golden grahams

Hi

everyone. this is not an official meet up, but us the "golden grahams" and "rachet" will be in the charles dickens pub tomorrow from 4,mainly just chatting and having a beer to celebrate some good news for Chris, who secured a long awaited job, there are 2x more meet ups 20th BBQ, and 28th, back in the city, all are obviosly welcome. tomoorw is open and would love to see/hear from people,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lou,

I know how you feel! It's hard making new friends. We live in South Yarra - so not far from you - if you love shoes I'm sure you know where it is;I have to hold myself back from buying another pair!! Anyway my husband and I have been here since about Nov last year, I'm 31 and still looking for work and my husband is 38 & works for Seek...

Anyway, if you're still looking for a few mates (we know some other ex-pats here too in their 20s & 30s) get in touch,

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Hey,

My hubby, myself and my two children (one 15 and one 12) are moving out on 3rd May (arrive on 8th May after a couple of days in Dubai)

We will def look forward to meeting up with people.! Want to start integrating and getting to know people as early on as poss just to help with the homesickness that will no doubt set in.

We are to live in Sanctuary Lakes, Point Cook area, but would be happy to travel into city.

Elaine.x

Guest Lindseyf

Hi,

I am new to Melbourne, not many friends yet and wondered if anyone fancied a meet up. I am a teacher and have 2 weeks off for Easter. I suppose it isn't closed to teachers, but if anyone fancies a meet up over the next couple of weeks that would be great.

I am in Glen Huntly/South Caufield, enjoy keeping fit, few glasses of wine, shopping and a good chin wag.

Hopefully there are others like me out there too, if so let me know

Cheers

Lindsey

Guest Lindseyf

Anyone up for a meet up this weekend or next weekend, think me and hubby will be in CBD sunday if anyone fancies a cold one?

Guest Caitmelbourne

Hi Lydsay

I'd be up for drinkies...I have plans this weekend but I've been in touch with Lou (Poca & Dan) & talking about doing something in the week, or even next weekend. I'm not sure of my work shifts yet but can keep you posted.

Have a fun Easter break!

Catherine

Archived