Central Coast, NSW

Guest paulaimpett

Guest paulaimpett

Hi I am new to this site but it looks great. My Partner & our three children are moving to Australia late April/early May, 175 visa granted Sept 2009, we have accepted an offer on our house so all systems go. We have been & travelled Oz before for a year but this was before children, can anyone recommend a great community, great schools on the central coast? I am a children's nurse & will be looking to work in Gosford. Would love to hear for you guys. Paula

Hi I am new to this site but it looks great. My Partner & our three children are moving to Australia late April/early May, 175 visa granted Sept 2009, we have accepted an offer on our house so all systems go. We have been & travelled Oz before for a year but this was before children, can anyone recommend a great community, great schools on the central coast? I am a children's nurse & will be looking to work in Gosford. Would love to hear for you guys. Paula

Hello Paula,

welcome to pio,

we too are off to central coast late april/may, And like you accepted offer on the house and survey has been done this morning, "spooky"!! Also seem drawn to Gosford area, and still researching schools at the moment, my o/h is a plumber and also on 175 visa,

Would be good to keep in touch, and good luck with the house x:jiggy:

Hi Paula,

Welcome to PIO.... I live on the Central Coast and have done for the last 8 months, there are a couple of members that have lived here for alot longer who no doubt will offer their advice as well but for what its worth here are my thoughts.

I love being on the Central Coast far enough away from the city but close enough if I want to spend the day there. We also have a ferry that takes us to Palm Beach in 30mins. We live in Avoca Beach, my daughter who is 10 attends the local primary school, her bus collects her from our front door and drops her back there in the afternoon. She has made some lovely friends and is very happy at the school. Avoca beach is beautiful not as busy as some of the other beaches like Terrigal and there is a wonderful cafe right on the beach where you can sit and have breakfast whilst watching the sea. The beach also has a tidal pool ideal for the little ones, we have surf school as well as nippers so lots going on here at Avoca. We even have an old fashion cinema that plays all the current releasesnot to mention our street cafes, local butcher, baker and no not candlestick maker but corner shop!!

Nearby us is Erina including Erina Fair a fairly large shopping mall, with all the usual shops in it, we even have an internationalshop selling UK goodies so no need to travel to the city to get your Bisto!!

My boys who are 17 and 14 attend a private school here on the coast purely because our local high school didn't suit them. Again their bus drops them at our front door and all their travel is free. I have no complaints about their school albeit it does not compare to their school in the UK but I knew that before I arrived here in Oz. The boys are happy especially my 17 year old, who has made some great friends and has a really good social life here despite not being sport mad!! Schoolwise it really depends what sort of thing you are looking for but my experiences so far are good.

I drop my OH off at Gosford stattion so he can travel down to Sydney everyday, the hospital is not that far away from the station so to be honest anywhere in Terrigal, Erina, Avoca and Wamberal is worth a look. Like I said there are a few other Coasties on here who know a lot more than I do but if you need to know anything feel free to PM me as am always happy to help!!

Wishing you all the best,

Nikci

Life on the coast is a bit more laid back

Guest paulaimpett

Hi, great to hear from someone doing the same thing! I am still trying to work my way around this site & I hope I accepted your friend request, if not I will keep trying as it would be great to be in touch in Oz. How old are your children? Mine are 5yrs Yasmine, 3yrs Seb & 14 months Claudia. My other half does car leasing & I am a Paediatric Nurse. Keep in touch on how you are getting on.

Speak soon

Paula.

Hi, been living on the coast almost 2 Years., my son goes to a catholic school., daughter starts next year.. Were very happy here.. LOVE it.. Gosford hospital is right near the train station. I been to the hosp. Lots lately with being epileptic & all the staff seem brill.. I even got a friend who works there!! Yea, were very happy on the coast.. Pearl beach is my fave, but avoca is beaut and so is terrigal.. They all got the nice cafes.. Lovely here.. Pm for any more details..

• 6 months later...
Guest Bonzablue

I am in Point Clare - right next door to Gosford.... I trained as a nurse in South Africa, worked as a nurse in the UK but am not working here . I am mum to 2 who go to Point Clare Public School - would love to chat !

Bonza !

Archived