Any new mums in Melbourne?

Hi Everyone,

Would love to join you all, I have a little boy who is 19 months but I work tues-thurs so if you do another meet on a mon or fri (or weekend) pls let me know! I am out west but willing to drive. Enjoy your meet up, I so miss baby groups!

S

Guest Vicky66
Hi Everyone,

Would love to join you all, I have a little boy who is 19 months but I work tues-thurs so if you do another meet on a mon or fri (or weekend) pls let me know! I am out west but willing to drive. Enjoy your meet up, I so miss baby groups!

S

Where out west are you? Maybe you're near me in Melton?.

I'm ok for Tues at Botanical Gardens but haven't been before. Which gate was suggested earlier?

Vicky

Guest SunDreamer

I'm ok with Tues afternoon, 23rd March, and am looking forward to it. I guess earlier in the afternoon is better for people with other kids. Is 12.30 / 1.00 appropriate??? I only have a three month old so i'm flexible on time. Did we say gate E, by the childrens garden?

Guest Vicky66

12.30 to 1-ish is good for me. We'll bring a sandwich. I'll look for Gate E but I haven't been before. Do you know anything about parking round there?

Vicky

Guest SunDreamer

I think there are meters for a couple of hours but I'm not sure how easy it is to get a space. I might go by public transport and walk from the city. I need the exercise anyway!...

Guest SunDreamer

Just a quick reminder for tomorrow. 12.30/1.00pm by the children's garden, by gate E in the Botanical Gardens. (I'll be there nearer 1.00pm) just a thought so we can recognise each other, I have a red Phil & Teds push chair, & will have my hair up. Anyone else have anything to note them by?....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SunDreamer

Well it was a bit confusing last week with the meet up location and I'm not sure if anyone else made it, but I did manage to catch up with Lisa.

Is anyone up for another go? Would a Friday be better? I'm open to suggestions on location, it doesn't have to be the same. The afternoon works well for me though.

Well it was a bit confusing last week with the meet up location and I'm not sure if anyone else made it, but I did manage to catch up with Lisa.

Is anyone up for another go? Would a Friday be better? I'm open to suggestions on location, it doesn't have to be the same. The afternoon works well for me though.

Hello,

If a Friday is good for most of you can I please come along? I work tues-thurs so can only do a mon or fri. Would be good to meet some more people.

Thanks,

S

Guest teaspoon

HI im in the western suburbs, love to meet some mums and have a get together!! been out here 7mths with my partner mike we have 2 girls 2 and 3.

willing to travel but dont have a car

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Clairey23

Hi Sheryl & Charlie

I just came across your post. I have just moved to Melbourne with my husband and daughter who is 2yrs. I would love to meet up with other mums and share tips about Oz.

Would be great to meet up. Look forward to hearing from you.

Claire & Holly

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fran

Hello, I have just come across this thread - am I too late?!?? My husband and I moved here from London on a 457 visa (i.e for 4 years) 2.5 years ago. My daughter is now 3 months old and I would love to meet up with some other new mums. I'm off work until Jan 2011 and I think I might go mad without adult company once in a while! I live in Hawthorn and don't have a car but am happy to jump on a tram and meet up somewhere central.

Fran

Guest teaspoon

HI ive a 2 yr old and a 3 yr id be keen for a catch up! i dont have a car train for me! we are the west side but we can travel xx

Guest MartinandKaroline

Hello ladies,

I just thought I'd mention that there's an established UK mothers meetup that takes place every Wednesday at Hampton Community Centre from 10-12 (or 10.30, I've never got there that early to find out!). They also organise nights out for dads. There's a minimal fee of around $4ish per child but there are toys, an outside play area and a kitchen where you can make yourself a coffee. The bayside area attracts a lot of expats so you're guaranteed to hear a familiar accent if you head down that way. Hampton St also has a Treats from Home shop. Hope this helps.

x

Just come across this thread.

Myself and OH live in Elwood, we have a 4 week old daughter and so would be interested in meeting other new parents in the local area.

Also, If anyone fancies meeting locally for a coffee during the week for a general catch up then please feel free to PM me, some grown up conversation would be great!!

S.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lydiak

I have just joined this forum as we are moving to Melbourne late August/early September and it is very comfortng to see other Brit mums trying to arrange meet ups. I will have an 8 week old (roughly!) and a 24 month old and am keen to meet other mums when we get out there so if you now have an established group who meet regularly, hopefully it will still be going in Sept so I can come along. I''ll keep checking this forum but if meet ups are arranged another way can someone let me know??

Also, great to hear about the playgroup in Hampton - we don't know where w'll be renting but if anyone knows of any similar playgroups elsewhere can you let me know as it may influence our location decision!

Thanks,

lydia

• 1 year later...

Hi,

We are relocating to Williamstown in 4 weeks, and as hubby will be out forging relationships at his new work, I am keen to throw myself in at the deep end and meet up/tag along/join any playgroups etc going!

Ive noted this thred is a little out of date - are any of these meet-ups still happening? Could i possibly tag along with my 4 year old too???? (pretty please?)

Em x

hi emma

firstly, good luck with the move, williamstown is so lovely (although probably a bit blustery at this time of year) fabulous ice cream shops for when the weather gets better....

so, although i started this thread i never actually managed to meet up with any of the girls, don't know if anyone else did - although co-incidently i'm actually now very friendly with one girl (claire who posted here) who i met through some other friends.

anyway we're based over the other side of town so i don't know much about what happens "over the bridge" as they say, but a good place to start would be your local playgroup. see the link below:

http://www.playgroup.org.au/Playgroup/FindaPlaygroup.aspx

also, people are super friendly and you're going to meet people when your little one goes to Kinder etc.

since i started this thread i've now got another bub too so i'm off on maternity leave again. send me a message when you get here and you're settled and we can meet up for coffee, i love williamstown so it's a perfect excuse for a trip.

enjoy your last few weeks in the uk and enjoy the warm weather, it's cold, cold cold here this week.... well, it's about 13 degrees but it feels freezing

sheryl

Hi, I would love to meet some people too. I'm 4 months pregnant! so no baby yet, but will be soon, just after new year. I live in Reservoir.

Archived