Can anyone help with commuting times please?

Que Sera Sera

We are flying into Perth on the 1st of July and will be moving initially to a holiday rental in Secret Harbour, I love the look of it there but OH reckons he would have a huge commute to work which he isnt prepared to do, he hasnt got a job yet but he reckons must of the job vacancies are just east of Perth meaning an hour commute according to Autoroute, does anyone no the genuine commute times and does anyone no where abouts the industrial/manufacturing sites mainly are.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help:wubclub:

We are flying into Perth on the 1st of July and will be moving initially to a holiday rental in Secret Harbour, I love the look of it there but OH reckons he would have a huge commute to work which he isnt prepared to do, he hasnt got a job yet but he reckons must of the job vacancies are just east of Perth meaning an hour commute according to Autoroute, does anyone no the genuine commute times and does anyone no where abouts the industrial/manufacturing sites mainly are.

SOuth of river Henderson , Canning Vale , Welshpool ,depends on what job etc , commuting way of life here nip for a paper is about 1 to 2 ks dependin where you live

You have a big idustrial strip at Kwinana/Henderson, plenty of people live in Secret Harbour and work in various locations. How long do you have the holiday rental for and what does hubby do?

You have a big idustrial strip at Kwinana/Henderson, plenty of people live in Secret Harbour and work in various locations. How long do you have the holiday rental for and what does hubby do?

We have the holiday rental for a month, and Toolmaker/CNC Machinist and has been spoilt with only a short cycle ride to work here!

Guest guest17301

Hi Catherine, can't believe you'll soon be here after reading your posts for so long!

We drove down that way today and Perth to Secret Harbour seems to take no time at all...maybe 25-35 mins but that was on a Sunday and minimal traffic. I think it can probably be up to an hour in peak times, sometimes more...it's certainly do-able though but don't fixate on the one area, have a real good look around because there are so many nice places to live. I do prefer the northern suburbs but for value for money you can't go wrong down south, I like Rockingham too, very close to Kwinana, industrial area, that's why it's cheap maybe, some don't like the idea of living so close to the chemical works...I dunno, but Rocko beach is lovely for the kids. Good luck and make sure you research up north too, whats your budget and do you plan to buy or rent?

We have the holiday rental for a month, and Toolmaker/CNC Machinist and has been spoilt with only a short cycle ride to work here!

One word:shocked: theres a few places for engineering in henderson ,but welshpool even nor mite be more viable to work . TBH look for a job first before tying yourselves to one area , and these maps are crap ,they do not give a reliable time per distance ,a lot depends on what time you travel , when you are here take time because the routes thay say are not the quickest kwinana ,mitchell freeways rush hours forget it and thats about 630 to 9 in a mornin . You have to find the quickest routes and it takes practice

Hi Catherine, can't believe you'll soon be here after reading your posts for so long!

We drove down that way today and Perth to Secret Harbour seems to take no time at all...maybe 25-35 mins but that was on a Sunday and minimal traffic. I think it can probably be up to an hour in peak times, sometimes more...it's certainly do-able though but don't fixate on the one area, have a real good look around because there are so many nice places to live. I do prefer the northern suburbs but for value for money you can't go wrong down south, I like Rockingham too, very close to Kwinana, industrial area, that's why it's cheap maybe, some don't like the idea of living so close to the chemical works...I dunno, but Rocko beach is lovely for the kids. Good luck and make sure you research up north too, whats your budget and do you plan to buy or rent?

:policeman: tot tut SEcret harbour to Perth is near as damnit 60km ,naughty fiona the hoon lol 120 km an hour tut tut

Hubby works at Curtin Uni (Bentley) and it takes him about 45 minutes in the morning (about 6am) and about 1hr to get home (about 4pm) Port Kennedy is a bit further up than Secret Harbour though. Have to say he hates that commute, he used to work down South of Mandurah and had the same sort of commute but found the drive more enjoyable.

Baldivis is very nice but inland - it is well placed for travelling though. I think like YP has said get the job first - or else move in to a 6 month rental with the thought that another move may be needed if the commute to work is too bad. All you can do is wait and see how he feels when you get here.

Guest guest17301

It took us an hour and twenty to get back from Mandurah today and that was to Woodvale! Doing 88kph all the way as pete is running in the new car and refuses to go above this speed!

Archived