Perth zoo? Something!

Guest cheshiresire

Guest cheshiresire

Hello :) i have worked out the forum on my mobile al last! I've been here at south Perth riverfront for 6 weeks now and am just doing 2 days a week gardening until now so still lots of time. I've had a little walk at kings park and been around the river both of which were a pleasure. Been around the subs a bit while shopping and job seeking. My cousins though, also in their twenties are often busy so i end up doing things alone quite a lot. My room mate is away two weeks in three at the mines so thats boring. I would like to be able to 'hang out' in places like fremantle or the riverfront, instead of feeling rushed to get back since i'm on my tod. I'd like friends, people to chat to outside of the aussie circles. They are... Quite different the australians and i feel i haven't had many a genuine conversation with them. Anyway things i want to do include go to the zoo and see fremantle prison or whatever it is i keep seeing signposted. I'm so close to the zoo i get woken up by the animals but still not been.. The aussies say it's too hot to enjoy it..! So if anyone would like to do that or something else let me know. No rush for it, just floating the idea out there as it were. Byeee

Guest guest37336

Hi cheshireire.

You sound at a loose end. There is no magic wand that will help, but I do have a suggestion for you. You say that you are in your mid-twenties, (unless I read it wrong). It just sounds as if you need some company to get you through a few weeks until work/social life picks up. How about taking a wander down to some of the backpacker accomadation that are plentiful in and around Perth, espeicially in town. I realise that the word backpacker may put you off, but if you have a look on the bullitein boards etc that abound at these places you will often see parties, events, get togethers that are being organised by some of the backpackers. From my experiance the age range at this type of accommadation ranges from 16/17 all the way up to people in their late forties and beyond. At least in this way you will be among 'familar' (POMS) people for the time being, until you increase your circle of friends.

More often than not some kind of freindship can be struck up, even if you just hang out at these places for a while. Often you will find a couple of fellas/girls who will only to willingly take you under their wing and drag you, kicking and screaming at times to a party, cruise, trek, bar, club. It's just a thought, but I hope it helps.

Archived