Friends wanted, just arrived in Melbourne!

Guest Boosonic

Guest ashmalog

you can follow us karen!!!!! lol!!! (standing joke there).

we are in berwick also claire and look forward to the meet - think it is going to be a gorgeous day so bring your bathers.

see you tomorrow

bonnie x

Guest ashmalog
Looking forward to meeting / seeing you all tomorrow

Claire x

hi Claire

just to let you know that was a bunch of us attended the meet but couldn't find you lot. I think we ended up further down the beach but with it being an 8km stretch I imagine it was difficult to find anyone what with the festival on too. Hopefullly we can arrange another one soon and next time get them to put on a melways reference so at least we can find it!!

Hope you had a good day though and met some lovely people

Bonnie x

Hello. I am due to move to Melbourne from the UK in the next couple of months and would love to start to make contacts now.

My job will be in the southern metro area so I will be looking to live within commuting distance from that area.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Guest Boosonic

Hi Bonnie, sorry we missed you yesterday, we had no idea there was a festival on. It would be great if we could set another date for a group meet up and hope to meet you then.

Claire x

Guest leebingate
Hi everyone. We are a family of 5, I am 46, OH is 43 our children are 16(Sarah), Steven (14) and Callum (8). We received our visas in December and are going to validate by going to Melbourne at the end of June for 2 weeks. We are considering Ocean Grove, Torquay (or thereabouts) for the holiday but we are also considering Florintine Villas (closer to Melbourne). Does anyone have any suggestions as to where would be the best option (we have relatives who live in Geelong area - but it is very expensive there!!). Would anyone have children who are around the same age as my children (especially the 16 year old who doesnt want to go to Australia, but we who could possibly meet up for a chat at some stage and maybe change her mind.) Thanks Catherine

Oh Catherine, i feel your pain. If it makes it any easier for you, I was 16 when i moved here, im now 26 and after the first couple of months here i realised it was the best thing my parents have ever done for me :)

Guest Boosonic

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone fancied trying to meet up again (the last meet went a bit pear shaped due to the festival). Any suggestions on places & dates??

Claire & Simon

Guest thebaileys

Hi Catherine, It must be really difficult for you.....and for Sarah! I brought my boys here 13 months ago they are 14, 9, and 6 and they love it! The eldest, who I thought would be the hardest to convince, loves the lifestyle. He finishes school and goes to the beach with his friends, why wouldn't he love it! We live over on the penninsula so it's a way from where you are talking about. All I would say is that you might want to show her the city and it's fabulous shops and resturants as scenery alone won't impress a 16 year old!?

Hi Catherine, It must be really difficult for you.....and for Sarah! I brought my boys here 13 months ago they are 14, 9, and 6 and they love it! The eldest, who I thought would be the hardest to convince, loves the lifestyle. He finishes school and goes to the beach with his friends, why wouldn't he love it! We live over on the penninsula so it's a way from where you are talking about. All I would say is that you might want to show her the city and it's fabulous shops and resturants as scenery alone won't impress a 16 year old!?

Hi there. Thank you for your post, you certainly all seem to be enjoying living in Melbourne and I am glad you have settled well, especially your eldest son!!!! We are going out in June/July for a holiday and we are planning to go to the city!!!! As you say, I don't think she would be interested in the scenery - especially as it will be winter there!! We can only hope that the holiday will show Sarah the potential of living there. x catherine:v_SPIN:

Guest lainy
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone fancied trying to meet up again (the last meet went a bit pear shaped due to the festival). Any suggestions on places & dates??

Claire & Simon

Let me know the next meet up please, been here a few years now and have friends who recently migrated and would like to meet up with other folk. Week ends are better due to work commitments.

Guest lainy
Hi everyone,

We (me Claire 36, OH 37, kids 11 & 13), arrived in Melbourne just over a week ago. Had a busy week sorting out jobs/schools/rental etc and about to catch our breath and settle in Narre Warren South.

We would love to make some new friends, does anyone fancy a chat over a cappa or a cold one?

Cheers Claire & Simon :cool:

Hi Claire

Let me know when you are free I live about 10 mins from you and would be happy to meet up for a cuppa.

• 1 month later...
Guest adelaidebrit

Hi guys

Just saw your post here and thought I should reply. We too have just moved to Melbourne - four weeks ago to be precise - but only from Adelaide where we stayed for four years - dont ask why as I have no idea LOL - but anyway we have found Melbourne to be just like home for us (we are originally from Glasgow) so we have settled in nicely. We are renting at the moment in Point Cook but looking for our our pad. My name is Carol (47) and my husband Alan (47) and my daugther Hayleigh (aged 13) have all settled in well. My daughter is loving school at the moment and making new friends so thats a bonus. Feel free to pm me if you wish and we could maybe catch up for coffee or something and the kids could get together too.

Love to hear from you all.

Carol xxx

Archived