Fed up with Sydney Nightlife?

Guest SeanDoyle

Guest SeanDoyle

hey

Dont know if any of you other 'poms' are finding this, but i am getting increasingly frustrated with the Sydney nightlife, for a number of reasons.

'Dress codes'

'id'

'awful music'

' pretentious crowds'

'security guards fill with dellusion of grandeur' to name just a few!

I have been here for around 5 years and have seldom felt satisfied the way i did in the UK with a good night out, a night that typically doesnt involve any of the above.

I have been dj'ing over here for 5 years now and can hand on heart say I have found the place. So if any of you are interested in getting to know where you can have fun like back in the motherland let me know. I didnt want to use this as an opportunity to offer unsolicited ads about the night I am part but wanted to see if anyone else felt the same and wanted to know what else is out there.

all the best

Sean

Don't live in Sydney so can't comment, but not sure what you mean by Dress codes ?lack of??

ID? I personally think it's a good thing to show ID.

As an aside, we have strict guidelines about advertising - check with admin if you want to promote a night that you DJ.

Guest SeanDoyle

I guess i was illuding to the excuses that are made for not being able to get in bars !

Not wanting to promote the night in any regards, hence not posting anything. But i was invited to a pomsinoz night and they thought it would be a good idea to let people know of the refuge from the rude treatment people get on a weekly basis in Sydney. The night will be busy regardless but an effort to help my fellow country men and women out as prompted by your members!

Guest cazbeckham

Nightlife in Australia be it Sydney, Melbourne, Perth will never be the same as the UK. If you want that then you need to go back to the UK.

Like Ali I think ID is a good thing but can understand what you are saying about some security guards.

Dress Code is also good but there also comes a point where with a dress code you can't go in wearing thongs........... I think that is stupid, I mean what is wrong with thongs, we wear them all the time here, but if guys are wearing vests and not proper t shirts or shirts then I go along with that. Even guys wearing board shorts is OK by me.

Hope you manage to help us fellow countrymen and women with what you are trying to achieve and wish you all the best Sean.

Caz

Guest SeanDoyle

Thanks Caz

Yes I think some context around some of those items mentioned. In that they will use anything as an excuse not to let you in !! I understand there is a default to how you should be dressed but because the shoes have rubber soles or its a shirt without a collar drives it to another extreme !!

Thanks Caz

Yes I think some context around some of those items mentioned. In that they will use anything as an excuse not to let you in !! I understand there is a default to how you should be dressed but because the shoes have rubber soles or its a shirt without a collar drives it to another extreme !!

unless your a woman:biggrin:

hey

Dont know if any of you other 'poms' are finding this, but i am getting increasingly frustrated with the Sydney nightlife, for a number of reasons.

'Dress codes'

'id'

'awful music'

' pretentious crowds'

'security guards fill with dellusion of grandeur' to name just a few!

I have been here for around 5 years and have seldom felt satisfied the way i did in the UK with a good night out, a night that typically doesnt involve any of the above.

I have been dj'ing over here for 5 years now and can hand on heart say I have found the place. So if any of you are interested in getting to know where you can have fun like back in the motherland let me know. I didnt want to use this as an opportunity to offer unsolicited ads about the night I am part but wanted to see if anyone else felt the same and wanted to know what else is out there.

all the best

Sean

Sydney .... Pretentious ?? ... now what can you mean !!!

If somebody asked for my ID I'd be chuffed to bits !!

Good luck with your quest

Blondie

Archived