Public transport for nurses

jomark2oz

We're coming out to perth for a reccie on the 22nd:biggrin:. Will also be validating our visas. I'm a childrens nurse and have been looking at suburbs that are easily commutable to Joondalup health campus and the Childrens hospital in Subiaco.

I've gathered that Currambine and Clarkson are easily situated for Joondalup on the train line but can't seem to work out how early the trains start. I would need to be there i'm guessing for approx 7am. it doesn't appear that any buses start that early so some other suburbs are out as not on train line, correct me if i'm wrong...........

We had liked the look of Tapping, Carramar....... We will be staying in Banksia Grove later this month.

And what about Subiaco? Any closish, reasonably priced areas where i could get public transport for shift work?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Jo(28), Mark(37), William(2)

• 1 month later...
Guest dawnpepper

Hi, can't answer your question completely but I do something similar from SOR. I am also a childrens nurse working a the St. John of God Hospital in Murdoch and I live in Baldivis. I catch a train around 06.10 which gets me to Murdoch about 20 mins later and then I have a 10 minute walk to the station. I also have no trouble getting back from work after a late. You generally trains start around 5 and finish around 1am. I drive to the station and I have a smartrider card so I never have to carry money. For more information try www.transperth.wa.gov.au or telephone the Transperth infoline on 136213 and I think you will find all your answers there. Public transport is good here and I only have to drive up for an early shift on a sunday as the first train doesn't get me there until 07.15. Public holidays are not a problem.

Dawn.

Archived