Partner Visa sponsor help

swifty99

Hello,

my partner has got her citizenship by decent through and we are looking at the partner visa for myself and our daughter. my question is on the partner visa she has to be my sponsor. problem is she is in the uk with me and will be traveling at the same time as me. how can she provide for me as the sponsor form states with the above situation.i,e no job or house in oz.

All help welcomed please

Thanks Matt

Hi

My husband and I are living in the UK until we get my visa sorted. We have been here together since about 6 months before we got married (a total of about 2 and a half years). This is not a problem as regards him being my sponsor.

Your partner would need to make a statement as part of the application as to where you would intend to live and how she would meet her sponsorship obligations, and she needs to show her earnings for the last 2 years, but she doesn't need to have been working in Australia, my husband just gave them payslips from the UK and they were perfectly happy with that (as far as we know!)

It's actually quite a common scenario with offshore applications that both parties are offshore together - so don't worry about it at all. Indeed, it is part of your application to show that you live together!

Good luck!

Archived