OK where is the nerves and the second thoughts?

Que Sera Sera

Because there isnt any for me or the OH, we'd love more money ( but then who wouldnt! )

Maybe the doubts will hit me later, but for now all I can say is " Bring it on" I truly cannot wait.

Flights booked, Holiday Let booked, Shippers booked, so where are the nerves? am I in for an almighty shock when they hit???

I am just excited, when the visa process was going through I never slept but since I have slept great, I havent had nightmares or anything. Should I be waiting for this bubble to burst???:jiggy:

I think it's fantastic you don't have any wobbles, you've had to wait so damned long for this to happen, I think we are all excited with you!! You are a lovely person (which I can say because I've met you in real life!) and I'm delighted to finally see you getting what you've hoped for all this time.

Sue x

Guest chris955

No, not at all. This country isn't for everyone and you will in all likelihood be one of those who fits straight in and enjoys your time here. You may find that too many things annoy you but until you live it you wont know.

Good luck with it.

Should I be waiting for this bubble to burst???:jiggy:

Cath, you just enjoy your last few months here in blighty and lets hope that you have no doubts at all.

You certainly sound organised anyway, when do you finish work, any big leaving party planned??

Debbie

xxx

I am working right up until the Friday before we leave (well thats the plan!) and no parties no, I cant be doing with all that!:biglaugh:

I think it's fantastic you don't have any wobbles, you've had to wait so damned long for this to happen, I think we are all excited with you!! You are a lovely person (which I can say because I've met you in real life!) and I'm delighted to finally see you getting what you've hoped for all this time.

Sue x

Aww thanks Sue thats a lovely thing to say :hug:

Because there isnt any for me or the OH, we'd love more money ( but then who wouldnt! )

Maybe the doubts will hit me later, but for now all I can say is " Bring it on" I truly cannot wait.

Flights booked, Holiday Let booked, Shippers booked, so where are the nerves? am I in for an almighty shock when they hit???

I am just excited, when the visa process was going through I never slept but since I have slept great, I havent had nightmares or anything. Should I be waiting for this bubble to burst???:jiggy:

You echo my sentiments exactly!!..............even down to the sleepless nights, I've slept like a baby this week :SLEEP:

Still to book flights etc, but we are aiming to go end Aug.

Well I'm sure if the doubts and nerves kickin at some stage, you'll be totally prepared for them and understand that they'll be all part and parcel of this amazing roller coaster ride called Emigrating to Oz!!

Wishing you much luck and happiness in your new adventure :jiggy:

debsx

Hi Cath, Can you pass some of your calm to me please! I feel like I'm going to have a break down soon ( hubby says I haven't got time for one & he's right!) We accepted an offer on the house 2 weeks ago, so all systems go but;

My oldest still lives at home & isn't coming with us, so in a panic trying to find her somewhere to live.

Middle one decided last week, he doesn't want to come now! He's got a few months left at college, doesn't even have a part time job & does nothing about getting one. He has a court case pending in May for speeding ( fine & possible ban!) No prospect of getting a job around here when he finishes his college course ( carpentry / joinery) also , nowhere to live & no money! I had said to him, that if he didn't want to come ( this was 12 months ago) then he would have to live with his dad. Dad moved up to Yorkshie just before christmas, so is no longer around! He's the reason we didn't make the move to Oz before now because we didn't want to take the kids away from him, now they are going to need him, he leaves!!!

We will hopefully be flying out by the end of April, but darn't book flights/ rental / container or anything else yet because the house sale could go pear shaped. If it was just straight forward & we were all going, I think I would be fine, but having to try & find the kids somewhere to live, preferably soon so we can move THEIR stuff out of the house. Well my heads like a stewed melon at the moment. Can't wait til I'm on that plane, then I may be able to chill.

Good luck with your move Cath, look forward to a get to gether when we get there. X

( sorry about the long rant!!!)

Hi Cath....

I think you have had plenty of time to have nerves & doubts!

& what youve been through, has made you truely grateful to be getting this amazing oppurtunity for you & your Family....:yes:

Thats not to say that you wont experience any nerves or worries, because im sure you will.....

But, for someone who thinks its 'never gonna happen'.....You are just so happy & relieved that it is.....:jiggy:

(talking from exerience here too!)

Hi Cath

I'm not as advanced as you but hopefully in a few months i will be reapeating your words!! I have felt exactly the same for a long time now, wondering whent the wobbles will hit but i'm too excited and looking forward to an adventure. I don't expect the grass to be greener, but different!! i think having a positive mental attitude is a good thing and probably like me you are the MUM and have to sort everything and look after your family and keep all those plates spinning at once x

Wishing you well and make sure you do an arrival report, i love reading these x

Guest sunnyday

No you shouldn't wait for the bubble to burst!! Just go with the flow hun and (que sera sera) whatever will be will be:wink:. I feel the same way!! Now we have defo got visa I feel like "Bring it on" and just go for it full steam ahead!!

Guest chihiro

same here, everything runs smoothly. It looks like the apartment will be sold shortly (we signed the first papers today), we have the flight and the accomodation in Brisbane for 10 days.

hope this will go on !!

Hi Cath....

I think you have had plenty of time to have nerves & doubts!

& what youve been through, has made you truely grateful to be getting this amazing oppurtunity for you & your Family....:yes:

Thats not to say that you wont experience any nerves or worries, because im sure you will.....

But, for someone who thinks its 'never gonna happen'.....You are just so happy & relieved that it is.....:jiggy:

(talking from exerience here too!)

It will be your turn soon hun :hug:

Sue x

Ditto that...... you are a lovely person and given everything you went through to get your visa I am so happy for you and that you're finally "on your way". Can't wait till it's out turn and we meet up with you again somewhere near Secret Harbour lol

Guest guest17301

Cath, expect a minor wobble in a month or two...the weeks prior to the move will be so busy you won't have time to stress about if its the right move. As your username says que sera sera...its a fantastic mindset and one that I fully endorse!

The girls are waiting to welcome you....c'mon hurry up! xx

Archived