Childcare Coordinator renamed on SOL

TraceyT

Hi,

Childcare Coordinator has been renamed to Childcare Centre Manager on new SOL & ANZCO. What would happen to someone who has had their skills assessed against the old criteria (which to me looks very similar, if not the same)? The title of Coordinator no longer exists, so does this mean that someone would have to be reassesed, even those with SS and applied for their visa one year ago.

Thanks,

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Id say what they are doing is regrouping the ASCO codes and they may have a list of occupations that fit into the news ANZCO's. Now this is complete speculation on my part but say for example your ASCO Code is now different on the ANZCO they will probably take this on board and match up the new ANZCO will old ASCO's. I very much doubt you will have to get your skills reassessed - they may just be changing the name of the job but the skill set is still the same. I guess we will know by the end of April so lets wait and see.

Suzanne

Hi Tracey

Id say what they are doing is regrouping the ASCO codes and they may have a list of occupations that fit into the news ANZCO's. Now this is complete speculation on my part but say for example your ASCO Code is now different on the ANZCO they will probably take this on board and match up the new ANZCO will old ASCO's. I very much doubt you will have to get your skills reassessed - they may just be changing the name of the job but the skill set is still the same. I guess we will know by the end of April so lets wait and see.

Suzanne

Archived