Coming to Melbourne 4th-16th April - would like to meet people

Guest iris13

Guest iris13

Hi,

We are hoping to emigrate to Oz in the next 2 years and are coming to Melbourne at Easter on a fact-finding mission. We would really like to meet up with people who have 'taken the plunge' and find out about your experiences.

We are staying in the CBD between 4th and 16th April and would love to hear from you if you fancy meeting up during that time. We are travelling with our two girls aged 3 and 1 so an afternoon in the park with a picnic - weather permitting, may be best for us or any other child friendly activity you can recommend.

I look forward to hearing from you

Valerie

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Valerie

Welcome to PIO. Have a wonderful trip to Melbourne, I am sure there will be lots of people who would look forward to catching up. There are a few members on here who get together regularly. Ashmalog (Bonnie) and ShaunKaren (Karen) oh and not forgetting Herbies (Trudy)

Kate

Guest The Pom Queen
Have a nice trip, rug up !

LOL, give over it is 30 degrees today. Mind you we all know how fast that can change.

That reminds me I must go and view the other photos you posted.

Kate:wubclub:

LOL, give over it is 30 degrees today. Mind you we all know how fast that can change.

That reminds me I must go and view the other photos you posted.

Kate:wubclub:

Just don't mention the word 'camping' at Easter, in my lifetime it is doomed to failure in Victoria, or the universe just waits for me to go camping I think! LOL - Olly

Guest iris13
Just don't mention the word 'camping' at Easter, in my lifetime it is doomed to failure in Victoria, or the universe just waits for me to go camping I think! LOL - Olly

Oh dear! We are staying in a cabin at Wye River for the last few days, should I pack our thermals?

Oh dear! We are staying in a cabin at Wye River for the last few days, should I pack our thermals?

Easter is very changeable, you can have a nice few mild days, or else it comes in a storm, but certainly at night, yes take some warm clothes, you can get gusty winds and rain at Easter. We have had a few crisp sunny mild Easter holidays, but as I said think 'change' 4 seasons in one day is always possible here !

Do you really want to meet a load of people going - its not like the uk they don't have this where can I buy that, they do this different, that different......... Its a disease we all do it especially if you've not seen any brits for a while:biggrin:

Good luck with the reccie hope it goes well loads to do with kids whilst you're here - parks, lots of indoor pools, some indoor play areas amusement parks - funfields is supposed to be good up at whittlesea about an hour up the road, theres 3 zoos an aquarium and science museum where the kids can touch everything Oh and a beach. my boy loves it here he's 4. If you're interested in experiences, mines been bad turning to good. See my six month report

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/reccie-arrival-reports/80328-6-months-melbourne.html

Do you really want to meet a load of people going - its not like the uk they don't have this where can I buy that, they do this different, that different......... Its a disease we all do it especially if you've not seen any brits for a while:biggrin:

Good luck with the reccie hope it goes well loads to do with kids whilst you're here - parks, lots of indoor pools, some indoor play areas amusement parks - funfields is supposed to be good up at whittlesea about an hour up the road, theres 3 zoos an aquarium and science museum where the kids can touch everything Oh and a beach. my boy loves it here he's 4. If you're interested in experiences, mines been bad turning to good. See my six month report

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/reccie-arrival-reports/80328-6-months-melbourne.html

More than one beach onetruechris, lots of beaches but not in the cool weather !:arghh:

Walk along it yes, swim no...................:shocked:

Archived