Hi From Plymouth.

Guest Charlie101

Guest Charlie101

Hi all.

Not in OZ yet, haven't even started the visa process yet but hope to one day make it.

Just wondering if there is anyone on here who is still in or has moved from Plymouth, Devon????????

If so would love to hear from u!

Charlie

xxx

Guest guest30038
Hi all.

Not in OZ yet, haven't even started the visa process yet but hope to one day make it.

Just wondering if there is anyone on here who is still in or has moved from Plymouth, Devon????????

If so would love to hear from u!

Charlie

xxx

Hi Charlie and welcome

Moved from Blackpool but spent the last 3 weeks before moving here with the wife's family at Millendreath. We have family at Torpoint, Downderry, and the Barbican.

kev

Guest guest30038
quite a few drunken nights down union street.

Who was it that scaled the cinema roof in Union street, removed a few letters when RAMBO was showing and just left RM (Royal Marines)? ............. :wink: :biglaugh:

kev

Who was it that scaled the cinema roof in Union street, removed a few letters when RAMBO was showing and just left RM (Royal Marines)? ............. :wink: :biglaugh:

kev

Thats so funny, maybe the same person who put washing up liquid in the fountain in the city centre. It was one big bubbly mess.

Guest guest30038
Thats so funny, maybe the same person who put washing up liquid in the fountain in the city centre. It was one big bubbly mess.

Nah! I had nothing to do with the fountain :wink:

kev

Guest Charlie101

Hi All

I wouldnt no anything about the sign, I would have probably only been 8 or 9.

As for the bubble in the fountain well I dont know who does it but it still happen on a regular basis, last Tuesday on my way home from college was the last time I saw it all bubbley.

Derriford hospital u worked the I basically lived there when I was younger. The good old days spend hanging out on wildgoose ward! HAHA. Did you work on a ward

Haya Bobj yea this is my second post so getting into it! Yes nice talking to you to.

Charlie

x

Guest Charlie101

Hi Shane

Cool I'm only across in Mannamead....... I went to Eggy comunity college... left i 2007.

Charlie

c

I worked as a midwife in maternity. I loved derriford hospital, it is only when you leave somewhere you realise how good you had it. Mind you in saying that I love my life here in Oz wouldn't swap it for anything. I do miss british pubs, and being able to go out to the moors on a sunday for a nice pub lunch.

Hi Shane

Cool I'm only across in Mannamead....... I went to Eggy comunity college... left i 2007.

Charlie

c

Hi Charlie

My in laws live in Mannamead and I also went to Eggbuckland but it was a comprehensive then. I left in 1990 .

Shane

Guest guest30038
Hi Charlie

My in laws live in Mannamead and I also went to Eggbuckland but it was a comprehensive then. I left in 1990 .

Shane

Anyone remember anybody with the surname "Sole"?

kev

Guest Ozzy7

Hi we are from Plymouth Upper Chaddlewood, we have been living in Perth for nearly 2 years, would love to get together with anyone from my neck of the woods.

Hi all,

We are from Plymouth, have been in perth since August. pommekate i hpoe you where a midwife in derriford lol, i had the worst experience ever with one of the doctors when i had my two year old there lol. The midwife we had was lovely, couldnt fault her in the slightest but after the doctor i vowed never to give birth there again lol, hence i flew to perth 33 weeks pregnant to give birth to my third child over here lol. As for the liquid in the fountains, i reckon its students as its all ways happening lol.

Anyway if there are any other plymothians in perth would love to catch up for a chat with them.

Rachael

Hi Rach28, yeah I was a midwife at derriford, 8 years ago mind you. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience, I hope that you complained about it. If no one puts it in writing to the hospital then nothing ever gets done. But after working in quite a few hospitals both in the uk and here in australia you will always find professionals who can be a challenge both to staff and patients. Hopefully your experiences were a lot more positive here.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest luo2ang

hi,live in saltash.could possibly be moving to sydney/sutherlandshire towards end of year,for husbands job.3 kids-whole lot very daunting!am going to have to take entrance exam if i want to work-dont know if i have brain power any more!going to face the challenge head on!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest25493

hi, we are from plymouth...now living in Sydney ...all thanks to the australian navy. I lived in plymouth for 36 years.

Guest luo2ang

thanks for the post.how long have you been there?any kids?did they settle ok?i have 3 age 17,13,11 year olds.doing lots of research,but doesnt beat local knowledge.sounds like you love the place.

Guest mazandnev

Hey,we came from Plymouth,Belliver,and have settled in Ocean Reef .Its a lovely place and have been here 6 months so still learnig ,if i can help with anything just let me know.

Mari

Guest guest25493

the shires are lovely,i have friends in Caringbah. I would jump at the chance for the shires.

Archived