spouse visa evidence layout

swifty99

Guest siamsusie
can anybody tell me the best way of putting together my spouse evidence please. would it be best to group into financial, photos , etc.

Thanks Matt

Hi Matt,

I laid everything out in Manilla folders and elastic bands in date order i.e. financial, photos etc. basically so they could see directly how long my husband and I had been together:notworthy:susie

Guest Aussie and Welshy

We didn't send in any photos - just took a piece of evidence (eg bills in joint names, holiday confirmations with both names, etc) from each of the required categories and had all the papers together. They are pretty clear on not using folders and other things like that - as long as the documentation is clearly marked and accessible then they can tick it all off.

Is it an application to London? I guess it all goes in a self-feeding scanning machine, so whatever makes it easiest for the individual to put it in the machine is probably best. I would love to know how the process of assessing and approving visas actually works in practise.

We spend ages putting into labelled folders in a nice ring-binder etc. then read somewhere not to do that, so ours was effectively a unbound pile of papers, with a note on the top with a bullet-point list of all the information we were supplying. We did group information as you suggest.

I think the biggest impact on time to visa approval may be your assigned case officer. I don't think you lose marks for it not looking as good as the previous applicant.

Cheers and good luck!

Archived