shipping companies

mrsindecision

Guest chris955

I would DEFINITELY not take a small cheap car back to the UK, the cost of shipping and getting it on the road versus buying one over there where they are cheap just doesn't make sense.

I would DEFINITELY not take a small cheap car back to the UK, the cost of shipping and getting it on the road versus buying one over there where they are cheap just doesn't make sense.

yes just checked this out and you're right - much better to sell it - didint realise that.

So now talking about a 20ft container.

Thanks

Guest onwayhome

Depending where you live & where you are going to it will cost approx $8000-$10,000 for a 20 foot container back to the UK. We were trying to decide if it was worth it and priced up all our furniture, computers, TV's etc to buy new in UK & it came to more so we decided to take our stuff back. Now we are just trying to decide which company to use. Can anybody recommend companies?

Guest sophi
Depending where you live & where you are going to it will cost approx $8000-$10,000 for a 20 foot container back to the UK. We were trying to decide if it was worth it and priced up all our furniture, computers, TV's etc to buy new in UK & it came to more so we decided to take our stuff back. Now we are just trying to decide which company to use. Can anybody recommend companies?

We have had quote from Australian vanlines and have been quoted $7500.00 for a 20ft container packed by them. from perth to uk.

I have quotes from Crown, Kent and Wridgeways all around $8000 for a 20ft container. That is not including insurance and is from SA to UK.

Guest HPRYCE

We are just about to send a 40ft container back with Kent removals. I have been very impressed with them so far both in terms of their professionalism and their competiveness. Crown & Grace Bros also quoted, Crown were significantly more expensive and Grace were on a par with Kent's but we were swayed by the attention to detail that Kent's provided.

Guest onwayhome

Has anybody any experiance of Australian Vanlines?

We too have a quote just over $7500 from Brisbane to UK.

Guest rachellh
Any recommendations please and idea of cost for 40 ft container - we are taking one of our cars back (little suzuki swift).

Thanks

I did a post on here a while back with all the quotes we had received from shipping companies recently. The link for the post is here.

Since writing that we actually had another company knock another $30 off the price and include the packing case for our plasma in the cost. It's worth shopping around, business is tough for them and they will negotiate.

The company we went with in Perth is Wridgways The Worldwide Movers. Every other company said they couldn't match the quote.

Rachel :biggrin:

Guest valleylass

We shipped from Brisbane to UK for $7300 including insurance with Crown last month. We had some boxes that weren't unpacked from the first shipment though and this was taken into consideration. We were also very selective about what we insured too. Everything was packed/wrapped beautifully and will be unwrapped here on arrival and the beds will be constructed. As RachelH says it's always worth negotiating.

valleylass

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lizkearns1

I need to send approx 60-80kg of clothes, shoes, etc back to Ireland from Sydney

Does anyone know the cheapest way to do this?

Thanks

I need to send approx 60-80kg of clothes, shoes, etc back to Ireland from Sydney

Does anyone know the cheapest way to do this?

Thanks

Hi, I phoned around a few companies as we have a few boxes to go back. Most were very unhelpful & didn't appreciate my questions!! I think they just expected me to ring up & book rather than compare what would suit our needs the best. Anyway 'luggage line' whose parent company is King & Weston, gave the best price by far, & were the most helpful, so far they seem pretty good, we'll just have to see about the other end!!! Make sure you do ask what is included in each company's price as alot of them may just do to port or airport, or won't do the seucrity/customs clearance which is extra time & money for you. Good luck. We're shipping ours Sydney to Bristol (door to door), 3 boxes for $425 plus insurance, 4 boxes would be $470.

Guest thesnoopyace
yes just checked this out and you're right - much better to sell it - didint realise that.

So now talking about a 20ft container.

Thanks

Give Onkar Sharma from Eagle Relocations This guy knows his stuff and we cant stop singing his praises give him a call i bet he could offer you a competitive Rate! :biggrin:

Guest angelicacovill

hi was wondering if anyones knows how much it would cost for a 20ft comtainer from england to perth thanks x

Guest rachellh
Give Onkar Sharma a ring from Eagle Relocations This guy knows his stuff and we cant stop singing his praises give him a call i bet he could offer you a competitive Rate! :biggrin:

We've already gone with a great price from Wridgewoods, so even if I wanted to , I don't think I'd have the energy to see anyone else! Our boxes are set to be delivered at the end of May and I'm itching to pack up the whole house straight away! Once you get to this stage you just want to get on that plane and into the air as fast as possible!

Roll on July....

Give Onkar Sharma from Eagle Relocations This guy knows his stuff and we cant stop singing his praises give him a call i bet he could offer you a competitive Rate! :biggrin:

Are you an employee or on commission lol ... all your posts are promoting this company??

Guest thesnoopyace
Are you an employee or on commission lol ... all your posts are promoting this company??

There a good Company and i will be using them again... So yeah next time i'd Love a reduced rate.

Think Ahead

There a good Company and i will be using them again... So yeah next time i'd Love a reduced rate.

Think Ahead

We have some strict rules regarding promoting companies and if it's deemed advertising - all your posts are about this company and may fall into this catagory. When someone is a bit over zealous with their praise our membership becomes a little suspicious.

I did a post on here a while back with all the quotes we had received from shipping companies recently. The link for the post is here.

Since writing that we actually had another company knock another $30 off the price and include the packing case for our plasma in the cost. It's worth shopping around, business is tough for them and they will negotiate.

The company we went with in Perth is Wridgways The Worldwide Movers. Every other company said they couldn't match the quote.

Rachel , was that for a self pack - 20 ft container ?

Thanks , Joanne

Guest onwayhome

We've been advised to get them to do the packing.

Firstly, it means you don't have to make extensive lists of what you've put in every box.

Secondly, if you need to claim on insurance they can't say it wasn't packed properly & try to weezzle out of it.

We also asked them to price the packing seperately so we could see how much it would save if we did it ourselves. Only one company did this and they priced it at $800.

When you consider that you will have to buy all the boxes if you pack yourself we didn't think that was too much to pay to save all the hassle of packing.

Guest rachellh
We've been advised to get them to do the packing.

Firstly, it means you don't have to make extensive lists of what you've put in every box.

Secondly, if you need to claim on insurance they can't say it wasn't packed properly & try to weezzle out of it.

We also asked them to price the packing seperately so we could see how much it would save if we did it ourselves. Only one company did this and they priced it at $800.

When you consider that you will have to buy all the boxes if you pack yourself we didn't think that was too much to pay to save all the hassle of packing.

We don't have to buy any of the boxes to do our self pack, everything is included in the price - and they are dropping them and all the packing materials off a month earlier so we can get on with it in our own time.

The one benefit of self-packing is that you can get a lot more into each box - and use towels, clothes, linens etc as packing material. If you're a bit short on container space, which we certainly will be, at least this way you can be sure that you are making the most of every cubic inch that you have to fill!

I can see why some people couldn't be bothered with the hassle of making lists, but it's not that bad, you just write it as you pack it. At least you know what is where when you come to unpack!

Companies will always try ensure they do the pack for you. As several agents admitted to us, this where they make their money. For us, it's all about saving every last $ that we can on a very costly move back! Plus if I pack myself, I'm more likely to chuck away unwanted stuff that I really don't need to be carting back..

Archived