Need some friends on the Gold Coast

Guest nettie noo noo

Guest nettie noo noo

Hello to all unkown friends,

I am new to this site and have been living on the Gold Coast for about 2 1/2 years. Although we have made a few friends in that time it would be nice to meet up with other people for drinks and barbeques etc.

Heres hoping to get some replies.:jiggy:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nettie noo noo

Hi guys that was quick!! We have a son 19 years, who does his own thing now and seems to have settled in the best and a daughter aged 13 years who loves meeting new people and having fun. We live in Robina?varisity.

:cool:

Guest jam jar

hi,

we're at pacific pines, so not too far, (we have friends down your way, robina and mudgeeraba), weve been on the goldcoast around 19 months, always happy to meet new people, our kids are slighty younger though, 6 and 9.

jo

Guest nettie noo noo

Thanks donna and Jo, what do we do now? Can we send private messages here or do we arrange meet up independently. I am on crutches at the moment have been for 3 months and am unable to get out. Another reason i am feeling homesick.

Annette:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Guest jam jar

hi annette

sorry its took me a while to reply, been up on the sunshine coast for the easter weekend (noosa, to be precise), anyway, yeh' if you fancy meeting up, for coffee, bbq or whatever,

can either arrange something on the public forum (here), and see if anyone else wants to meet up, or you could PM and arrange something, i dont mind either way.

does anyone else fancy a meet-up??????

(sorry to hear your on crutches by the way)

jo.

Guest nettie noo noo

:wink:Hi Jo

Hope you had a good time away. Have driven the car for the first time in over 3 months to the garage of all places as it has a technical fault but could now meet up somewhere. I dont mind what we arrange as long as i can sit down!!

Shall we see if any one replies first unless you wanted to do something whilst kids are off shcool.

Annette X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnny

Hi,

We have just moved to the robina/varsity lakes area, and are looking for friends also!

We are late 30's and have a 4 year old son. We have only been in the country since late feb.

Hope to hear back.

John, Wendy and Ross

Guest sambo1969

:jiggy:Im new to the site and would really like to make some friends here on the goldcoast, I have been here for 10months and finding it really hard my name is samantha and I have a daughter 11yrs hope to here from you guys soon

Guest johnny

Hi Sam,

Where do you live?

Where are you from?

We could arrange to meet up some time.

John, Wendy and Ross

Guest jam jar

hi everyone,

WOW! thats great, sounds like quite a few people would like to meet up,

anyone have any suggestions?????????

in the week, for coffee?? at the weekend with families, picnic, bbq etc??????

i dont mind, open to ideas, and hopefully we can do something thats suits everyone,

(but if its possible, ideally, to find somewhere with not much walking, so, somewhere close to where the car is parked, hope that makes sense?????)

joanna

Guest johnny

Hi everyone, :smile:

At the weekend with families would be good with us, we are open to any suggestions.

John, Wendy and Ross

Guest nettie noo noo

Hi Sam,

My daughter has the same name and she is 13 years. Where are you? it can be hard but it looks like we are all in the same boat when it comes to making friends out here. There has been lots of replies from people looking to make new friends so should try to arrange something i think.

Annette

Guest johnny

That sounds good with us, the more the merrier!!! we were going to try and meet up with nettie and her family next weekend for drinks or food, dont know where, nothing confirmed yet.

Where do you live in robina?

I will keep you posted.

John, Wendy and Ross

Guest wendy and neil

Hi All

We have been here on the gold coast since Jan 09 and would love to meet up with you all.

We live in Varsity Lakes. We being Me 37, hubby Neil 37, son Owen 17 (but we don't see him very often cos he is too busy out enjoying his life!!!), daughter Lois 12 (who we can't get rid of. lol).

Love to arrange a meet at the weekend cos we work during the week.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Wendy

:wubclub:

Guest nettie noo noo

Hi guys,

Lets see what weather is doing next weekend and decide what to do from there. We should have some idea by middle of the week. Could meet in a park somewhere or round say mine. Ill post again in the week.

Annette

Guest wendy and neil

That wud be great! we are from Liverpool. And loving life here but wud like to meet new friends.

wendy

:wubclub:

Guest PaulaPud

Hello!

I'm new to PIO as well.

I would love to meet for coffee & chinwag!

I live in Coomera, I have 2 girls 13 & 11.

Thank you

Paula

Hi, I'm Jo, from Oldham originally, but now live in Pacific Pines. My kids are 6, 5 and 3. If anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee, we could go to Helensvale or something one day this week? Let me know, as I've just finished (well, dropped out of!) Uni and am a bit bored :SLEEP:

Jo

Guest jam jar
hi everyone,

WOW! thats great, sounds like quite a few people would like to meet up,

anyone have any suggestions?????????

in the week, for coffee?? at the weekend with families, picnic, bbq etc??????

i dont mind, open to ideas, and hopefully we can do something thats suits everyone,

(but if its possible, ideally, to find somewhere with not much walking, so, somewhere close to where the car is parked, hope that makes sense?????)

joanna

hi everyone,

sorry not replied, been away again for the weekend, (and also had no internet, thanks to bigpond, :arghh:, sorted now though, thank god!!!)

anyway, was thinking organising something for this sunday, (2nd may), around 11 ish,

either southport or currumbin, or ?????????????? somewhere else, really dont mind, any ideas???

just bring chairs, picnic/ bbq, etc.

let me know what you think???

(obviously weather permitting)

joanna.

Guest Burness2Oz

Hiya, we have been in Pacific pines since Jan 2010 and are always up for making new friends. We have 9yr old twins. We have a night out arranged for this coming Friday at Pacific Pines Tavern if anyone would like to join us??? Hydie

Archived