Any teachers/anyone fancy a coffee during the hols??

Guest Lindseyf

Guest Lindseyf

Hi,

I am new to Melbourne, not many friends yet and wondered if anyone fancied a meet up. I am a teacher and have 2 weeks off for Easter. I suppose it isn't closed to teachers, but if anyone fancies a meet up over the next couple of weeks that would be great.

I am in Glen Huntly/South Caufield, enjoy keeping fit, few glasses of wine, shopping and a good chin wag.

Hopefully there are others like me out there too, if so let me know

Cheers

Lindsey:biggrin:

Guest bearamus

Hi Lindsey

I am a teacher( primary school) and am moving to Melbourne in the next few weeks. My husband has got a job in Wantirna so we are moving from Adelaide, having lived here for 12 months on the 8th April. In fact I am flying out to Melbourne tomorrow morning with a mission to find a rental property for us. I have been working as a relief teacher in Adelaide but neither of us have had any luck in getting permanent work, hence our move to Melbourne. We love Adelaide but there is little in the way of permanent work. Teaching in SA is virtually impossible to secure a permanent post even for Aussies. How is the teaching situation in Melbourne? I would love to meet up with you but as I said am not over there yet. We have two boys (Yr 2 and 4)which we are going to have to find a school for too so the next few weeks are going to be hectic to say the least. Any hints with Vic teaching would be gratefully received. Hope some people respond to your post. I'll PM you when we're over there.

All the best, Kelly.

Guest Lindseyf

Hi Kelly,

If i can help in any way I will do, i have just got my registration with VIT, it took nearly 4 months!!! But i got offered a job before we left the UK as i work in Special ed. not too sure what the work situation is like in VIC but i do have a few contacts that might be able to help. PM me when you arrive, speak to you soon :cool:

Archived