rant about police checks

swifty99

well its been over 4 weeks since i sent off for my police checks and only last week did they call me about my out of date passport they told me then that it was being processed and sent out still didn't get it chased them up friday was told would receive it yesterday and still nothing, just feeling little annoyed and wanted to RANT!!!!!

After trying to chase this damn certificate up again i have now bee told that after they had already told me that it had been processed and i was due to receive it monday tuesday at the latest, that is is due to be processed on 7th!!!!!

ARGH i am so mad this means it has taken well over a month!!!!

Starting to feel that maybe something is conspiring against me to apply for my citizenship

really could cry.....

Guest mickthemackem

Thats not looking good for me then.

sent off for daughters police check last week and told i had 28 days to send it and other docs back to aus house, so if its taken you 4 weeks i could be stuffed then.

All the best hope you get it soon.

After trying to chase this damn certificate up again i have now bee told that after they had already told me that it had been processed and i was due to receive it monday tuesday at the latest, that is is due to be processed on 7th!!!!!

ARGH i am so mad this means it has taken well over a month!!!!

Proof that police are LIARS

Starting to feel that maybe something is conspiring against me to apply for my citizenship

really could cry.....

I understand your stress but I have to just try and stick up for the :policeman: a bit. Its not police that you talk to on the phone and who process the certificates. Those people are civilian admin people. I think the police have enough on their plate without dealing with PC's for Immigration purposes!:wink:

Hi Swifty,

I understand the stress but calling the police liars on a public Internet forum?! That's going too far missus. I don't know where you are applying for your police checks as you don't say but they were bloody brilliant in both the UK and Australia when I had to get mine done.

It was the postal service that let us down on the UK side of things: the postal strike was on at the time I did mine so I had to have it courier delivered. Unfortunately the company the couriers use for the hand-over part at Heathrow were extremely slow and thus it took longer to get than expected. As a consequence my UK certificate arrived the day before we were due to fly to New Zealand to lodge our application - far, far, far too close for comfort. A real shame when the police and the courier firms on the UK and Australia side were absolutely brilliant.

I know it's stressful but keep smiling, it'll work out. Good luck.

Guest siamsusie

sent off for daughters police check last week and told i had 28 days to send it and other docs back to aus house, so if its taken you 4 weeks i could be stuffed then.

Mine were delayed due to holidays etc over in Australia, and I just phoned and explained, there was no problem in asking for an extension. It is so dependent on postal services, etc... I ceertainly wouldnt be worrying, it all falls into place. Susie x:wubclub:

Guest somsy77

Just inform your CO that you have sent off the application. My CO told me that they were willing to wait beyond the given time in the case of police and health checks, when I informed them that the Indian one was taking 45 working days.

Hope this helps. You just need to email them and let them know your waiting on the police cert, and sending everything else in as and when you get them

Archived