HELP!!!! In need of some friendly advice please!!!

Guest dave&jancook

Guest dave&jancook

:jiggy:Hi

We are a family of 4 in the middle of visa process (Like everyone else waithing a lifetime!!) lol, and we have booked to stay on Gold Coast from 2nd Aug to 16th Aug, and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up with us one day. We are looking on moving to Pac Pines as soon as visas arrive, so if anyone lives on or near pac pines who could give us advice or just some friendly chat that would be much appreciated. We have 2 boys aged 16 and 12 who are in need of some convincing of moving to Oz away from their m8's.

Please help if you can!!!!

Jan, Dave, Sam & Jamie:unsure:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Jan

Unfortunately we are in Melbourne so can't help, but I am sure there are lots of members who would love a get together.

How long will you be on the Gold Coast for? It's a great place for young ones so I am sure your boys will be fine once they arrive.

Kate

• 2 months later...
Guest Crasco

Hi we live in Mount Warren Park near Beenleigh. We have two sons one 12 almost 13 and the other is 10. We moved from South Wales (UK) 2 months ago. We love it here and so do our boys. They wont take long to settle especially your younger one. Give us a shout when you get here we are only 30klms up the road. My Visa only took a week?

Cheers

Darren

Hi Guys

I live on Pacific Pines, moved here in September 2009 with my husband and a convinced 13 year old and a dragged along 19 year old !!!

Now 14, my son loves it here - it is everything he thought it would be.

Now 20, my other son also LOVES IT HERE and would not go back for anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gold Coast is (in my opinion) the best best place to raise any age of children....lots to do and places to see. Pacific Pines is 10 minutes from the coast, 5 minutes from Wet n Wild and MovieWorld, 10 mins from shopping centres and close to the motorway for the link to Brisbane and other areas.

PM me if you want to know anything specific.

There is a group on Facebook called Expats on the Gold Coast - there are events organised through this group so maybe worth checking this out.

Hope this helps as a starter.....

• 1 month later...
Guest sharniek6328

Hi not long in ozz, Helensvale to be exact. our 13yr old boy is looking for friends too. We thought about moving to Pacific Pines but our son wasnt keen on the school (no soccer!) so we are moving to Helenxvale instead, (just next door to pacific pines). Pacific Pines does look lovely though. We would love to meet up when you come over, even if it is just to indulge in the ozzy way and have a barbeque!

Archived