Mobile phone contract whilst on temporary visa

Smiler

Hi fellow PIO's!

Just wondered if anyone was in a similar position to me. I want to go onto a mobile phone contract eg 24 months or similar to get a new phone and better tariff but I am on a spouse visa so will not be a permanent resident until late next year.

Does anyone know if I can get a contract whilst on a temporary visa?

Thanks

Smiler:biggrin:

Hi fellow PIO's!

Just wondered if anyone was in a similar position to me. I want to go onto a mobile phone contract eg 24 months or similar to get a new phone and better tariff but I am on a spouse visa so will not be a permanent resident until late next year.

Does anyone know if I can get a contract whilst on a temporary visa?

Thanks

Smiler:biggrin:

Hey Smiler I can advise you that 3 mobile will not give you a 24 month contract but im unsure wheather this will apply to Vodafone as well due to the recent merger (Inside Info) :policeman:

I got my Mobile phone from AAPT on a 2 year contract as i'm in the same boat as yourself luckly my partner was with them before i came here and transfered it into my name but at the same time i also upgraded the handset and plan

Hope that helps :)

I was able to get several 2 year contracts with Optus whilst on student visas. So long as the validity of your visa exceeds the duration of the contract you should be right. You could point out that you actually hold Provisional Permanent Residence which leads to PR.

If they won't give you a contract, you could open the account under your partner's name, and switch the account holder back to yourself when you get PR.

Archived