Before and after school care

eammon

We recently moved across from the UK to Secret Harbour in Feb 10. To say I'm finding things a little tough at the moment would be an understatement and I am really missing home. However after endless and lenghty discussions, we have agreed to give it two years and then see how we/I feel.

so....... if we're going to give it two years, I'm thinking I need to try to make it work. Its taken me a while to get to this stage, but I'm slowly sorting out clubs, etc for our two girls and now thinking about applying for jobs. I only want something part time, but something that will get me out of the house, meeting people, etc, but all the jobs I see, have early start times and I need to be able to get my 8 year old to and from school

I have enquired at her school to see if they had a list of parents who did before and after school care/school drop off but to no avail. The school does have an after school club but no pre school.

I have tried googling to see if there is a website which may list childminders who do school drop off but again, no luck.

Has anyone else had similar problems and any advice or pointers in the right direction.

Thanks

Denise x

hey denise , try ringing the abc (google abc child care center) in secret harbour they do a before and after school pick from certain schools not sure of the age they go up to , lots do this i to will have to at a later date . all the best xx

just had a look they do before and after school care up to 12 years of age , and i put a thread on here a few weeks ago re rate your school /child care and it got the thumbs up , good luck x www.childcare.com.au/ - Cached

Hi Sharon - that's great info thank you.... you know I drive past the ABC childcare centre every single day and thought it was just a nursery!!!! I have given them a call and they do before and after school to the school my little one goes to, so thats good news. Not sure about spaces, they said they do have spaces available for every morning, but some of the afternoons are fully booked, but until I get a job, I'm not sure what days I need.

Thanks again :wink:

Denise x

Archived