ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this frustrating wait seems to be having a knock on effect with the rest of our plans! How can Melbourne make such good progress and then stall for a whole month and not even move one day! Seeing the date sat at June 23 and our application date of 29 June, I cant stop from checking my emails every minute of the day. Surely they must have moved on

Guest Kangaroo23
All this frustrating wait seems to be having a knock on effect with the rest of our plans! How can Melbourne make such good progress and then stall for a whole month and not even move one day! Seeing the date sat at June 23 and our application date of 29 June, I cant stop from checking my emails every minute of the day. Surely they must have moved on

Maybe Melbourne get some apps from Parramatta which still stuck on early May.:swoon::swoon::swoon:

WELL DONE - CONGRATULATIONS

Was it a DRC ? di you submit through an agent ? and was the nomination and application submit together? Sorry for all the questions.... we are May 23rd but we did it ourselves and not through an agent. We also submit the nomination and application at the same time.

Well done again, it gives me hope that the end is nearer :)

Hiya We did our application entirely by ourselves, immigration website has a very good checklist of everything you need to include in the application which we used. So I presume it was non DRC, I didn't even know there was such a thing as DRC when we submitted. Nomination and application were submitted separately. Nomination submitted in Feb and approved in June. I assume nominations need to be approved before applications. So as soon as your nomination is through hopefully your application will not be far behind!

Exactly 2 months ago today our nomination and application were received and acknowledged. Unfortunately, I really really thought we would have some news by now.

Got an email from the processing centre saying that our application "...has been allocated with the decision ready applications. Due to the demand driven nature of the permanent sponsored entry, we are currently receiving high volumes of decision ready applications. Although decision ready applications are processed as priority, it still takes some time. It is anticipated that your apllication will be processed in the near future.":rolleyes:

What is the story with the extrememly vague response?!:skeptical:Say...ehm maybe early next year Nicole, or we don't really know, you'll get it when you get it!!!

So I guess there's no point even replying to them, I'm sure I'll just get a similar generalised reply...agggghhhh. (Rant over:arghh:)

Guest lilimary
I think folks need to relax. It is the nature of the visa game. Once you submit everything you got to wait. Nothing you can do about it.

Haha I'm with you Jank, this is spot on! An 856 visa, from a low risk country will take 5/6 months to get processed, DRC or not... Until then let's drink some wine and relax :-)

(I can't stop hoping mine will get process faster though hehehe)

Guest Sara cen
Exactly 2 months ago today our nomination and application were received and acknowledged. Unfortunately, I really really thought we would have some news by now.

Got an email from the processing centre saying that our application "...has been allocated with the decision ready applications. Due to the demand driven nature of the permanent sponsored entry, we are currently receiving high volumes of decision ready applications. Although decision ready applications are processed as priority, it still takes some time. It is anticipated that your apllication will be processed in the near future.":rolleyes:

What is the story with the extrememly vague response?!:skeptical:Say...ehm maybe early next year Nicole, or we don't really know, you'll get it when you get it!!!

So I guess there's no point even replying to them, I'm sure I'll just get a similar generalised reply...agggghhhh. (Rant over:arghh:)

Who did you write to to get that response? Did you RMA contact DIAC or did you email your CO?

If you emailed the general email address, what did you ask because I thought they don't reply if you are just asking for progress. I can't get any ackowledgement from DIAC that my applicaition is DRC.

Guest auswannabe

Hi All,

For those of us who didn't go through a migration agent..

I phoned immigration to enquire about DRC priority (I am non-DRC). I was told that as long as an application is complete and contains all the required documentation, it goes into the pile with the DRC applications and has exactly the same priority.

Guest lilimary
Hi All,

I phoned immigration to enquire about DRC priority (I am non-DRC). I was told that as long as an application is complete and contains all the required documentation, it goes into the pile with the DRC applications and has exactly the same priority.

This is not what they say on their website. If what you have been told is right, then DIAC is helping RMA to get more business under false publicity. grrrrrr

Quote from DIAC website :

"Q. If I complete the ‘decision ready’ checklist but do not certify the checklist what happens to the application? Or if I think I have lodged a certified ‘decision ready’ checklist but when I check with the department it is not the case?

In both instances the application will be placed with our pipeline of cases. It will not be possible to retrospectively provide a certified checklist. "

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/faq-ens-rsms.pdf

Guest auswannabe

I agree - I found it strange too. She did confer with someone before providing me with an answer. I think all of us are in for the full 5-7 month wait judging by their apparent backlog anyway :-(

This is not what they say on their website. If what you have been told is right, then DIAC is helping RMA to get more business under false publicity. grrrrrr

Quote from DIAC website :

"Q. If I complete the ‘decision ready’ checklist but do not certify the checklist what happens to the application? Or if I think I have lodged a certified ‘decision ready’ checklist but when I check with the department it is not the case?

In both instances the application will be placed with our pipeline of cases. It will not be possible to retrospectively provide a certified checklist. "

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/faq-ens-rsms.pdf

Guest forrest
Timeline here if it helps anyone.

856 visa application lodged at Parramatta on 24th May 2011

My husband as the main applicant occupation: Wood Machinist

Granted on the 15th November 2011! So it has taken around 5 and a half months which is better than I expected. Hang on in there everyone!

Congrats Jules. It gets my hopes up. Fingers and toes crossed the end is just around the corner.

Guest Appliedinapril
Timeline here if it helps anyone.

856 visa application lodged at Parramatta on 24th May 2011

My husband as the main applicant occupation: Wood Machinist

Granted on the 15th November 2011! So it has taken around 5 and a half months which is better than I expected. Hang on in there everyone!

Good on you Jules1...

Who did you write to to get that response? Did you RMA contact DIAC or did you email your CO?

If you emailed the general email address, what did you ask because I thought they don't reply if you are just asking for progress. I can't get any ackowledgement from DIAC that my applicaition is DRC.

I rang the general number and explained that my RMA refused to contact DIAC on my behalf and that the processing standards as per the wesite say that for DRC cases, you will be contacted within 18 calendar days of acknowledgement. The guy I spoke with told me to email the processing centre (vic.pse@immi.gov.au) - which I did. I quoted my client ID and just asked for an update, they got back to me twice, albeit not very helpful!

Hi All,

As somebody mentioned, that is not what it says on their website. However - only half of my application was submitted as drc (ehealth meant that the application couldn't be drc), my agent contacted immi the following week after we had lodged to say that it could now be certified as drc and the response was - "it has been allocated in accordance with the drc cases", even though that it contradictory to what their website says.

I have never heard of anybody non-drc being processed within weeks though, and there have been countless cases of drc that have gone through much much quicker than normal processing times...that must mean something?

I got an email from immi stating that "decision ready based applications are allocated as priority".

We lodged our application along with nomination, meds and police checks all at once so effectively DRC but we did not use an agent and therefore are non-DRC. We have not been told at any stage that we could be treated as DRC and we have been waiting since 29 June.

If it was treated as DRC, surely we would have a case officer and a decision by now

Hello fellow PIO members,

We got our 119 RSMS granted this morning…..timeline below

SA Nomination lodged Mar 11

Stage 1 Nomination certified June 11

DIAC nomination lodged at Melbourne COE Jun 11

Application lodged; 12th Oct 11

Medicals requested; 26th Oct 11

Medicals submitted; 10th Nov 11

Nomination and Visa Approved; 16th Nov 11

Wowwww….still can’t believe it….we just need to sell the house now. :laugh::laugh:

Guest smwarlock20
Hello fellow PIO members,

We got our 119 RSMS granted this morning…..timeline below

SA Nomination lodged Mar 11

Stage 1 Nomination certified June 11

DIAC nomination lodged at Melbourne COE Jun 11

Application lodged; 12th Oct 11

Medicals requested; 26th Oct 11

Medicals submitted; 10th Nov 11

Nomination and Visa Approved; 16th Nov 11

Wowwww….still can’t believe it….we just need to sell the house now. :laugh::laugh:

Congratulations.pop the champagne.happy days for you.can I ask u,was ur DRC.

Guest auswannabe

Anyone know if the 5-7 months specified in the charter, starts from the date of nomination lodgement, nomination approval or date of acknowledgement of a valid application? Thanks.

Guest sylcaddies

Just to add my timeline folks

ENS 856 nomination lodged 23 Sept 2011 at Melbourne, visa application lodged 12 Oct 2011, visa application acknowledged 18 Oct 2011, nomination approved 20 Oct 2011......now just waiting..... Both nomination and visa app are non DRC......

Just to add my timeline folks

ENS 856 nomination lodged 23 Sept 2011 at Melbourne, visa application lodged 12 Oct 2011, visa application acknowledged 18 Oct 2011, nomination approved 20 Oct 2011......now just waiting..... Both nomination and visa app are non DRC......

Wow, that's really quick - congrats. Can you advise the rest of us hopefuls what your occupation is, type of company etc??

Interestingly - we are hoping to move to Langwarrin!

Can i please ask what date in June did you lodge the nomination? And to which centre? And when did you get allocated a case officer?

Nomination was lodged at Melbourne COE, received 12th June 2011. I got my nomination approval at the same time as my visa grant! 16th November 2011.

Case officer allocated on 26th October requesting form 80's and medicals (Application was lodged/received on 12th October 2011).

tbh its quite a quick turnaround from visa application....we only did our medicals on 7th November!

Archived