ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest nutkhut
Well I for one am hacked off at the lack of movement from Melbourne. I understand there may well have been an influx of applications before the 1st July changes but not to move ONE DAY since Oct 17th is absolutely ridiculous.

Auswannabe, where did you submit your application? What I dont understand is how some nominations have been approved which have been submitted after these processing dates, non DRC, when ours hasnt been looked at all?

Can anyone shed any light before I combust??

YEA MATE I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED AS WELL ... i am from 4th july and still waiting WHTS GOIN ON only thing regarding to my case pops up in my mind it tht i am from PAKISTAN thts why ITS BEEN delayed :( for me

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest auswannabe
Well I for one am hacked off at the lack of movement from Melbourne. I understand there may well have been an influx of applications before the 1st July changes but not to move ONE DAY since Oct 17th is absolutely ridiculous.

Auswannabe, where did you submit your application? What I dont understand is how some nominations have been approved which have been submitted after these processing dates, non DRC, when ours hasnt been looked at all?

Can anyone shed any light before I combust??

Ok, I submitted at Perth and called them today to ask again about DRC prioriry. The lady I spoke to appeared to be very knowledgable on the subject. She explained that non-DRC apps go into the 'normal' pile. They are attended to in line with the fortnightly updated date. DRC cases are often assigned to COs early, but not always. She basically told me that if Perth is quoting say, 23rd June, then non-DRC from that timeframe won't be even looked at until then. However, I have seen a few non drc apps go through in 3 months. The representative couldn't explain how this can happen and said it is very rare.

Guest auswannabe

We should start posting our occupations here too. For example, a recent 'quickly processed' grant was for a bricklayer. Aus currently has a shortage of highly skilled trades people and a Bricklayer would fall into that category, so maybe they process those apps more quickly?

My Husbands occupatiion is Office Manager.

Nomination and application lodged together non DRC on 29 June. No sign of any processing yet.

Can anyone advise why the nomination part would not be looked at? Is this because they were lodged together? I have seen other nominations lodged and approved after this date.

My Husbands occupatiion is Office Manager.

Nomination and application lodged together non DRC on 29 June. No sign of any processing yet.

Can anyone advise why the nomination part would not be looked at? Is this because they were lodged together? I have seen other nominations lodged and approved after this date.

Can i just mention that i was experiencing the same thoughts and i even had concerns that my nomination had failed. i.e. My nomination was lodged back on 12th June and i lodged my application late October but i NEVER received confirmation that my nomination was approved. My application and nomination was granted together!!!!

Guest auswannabe
Can i just mention that i was experiencing the same thoughts and i even had concerns that my nomination had failed. i.e. My nomination was lodged back on 12th June and i lodged my application late October but i NEVER received confirmation that my nomination was approved. My application and nomination was granted together!!!!

Can I ask what your occupation is please?

Guest lilimary

auswannabe/the wites, do you have examples of these visas/nominations that are non-DRC and still processed faster than everybody else?

I did not notice any, so just curious :)

Guest auswannabe
auswannabe/the wites, do you have examples of these visas/nominations that are non-DRC and still processed faster than everybody else?

I did not notice any, so just curious :)

The spreadsheet (page 258) shows that a few non-DRC apps were processed quite quickly at the beginning of the year, but not since the backlog. Chris&Mel subitted in october and were just granted but they are RSMS, so take priority.

DIAC lady said that MRAs should state that DRC apps in no way guarantee early approval and can take the full 5-9 months (I thought it was 5-7???). However, non-DRC apps are rarely assigned to a CO earlier than the prescribed date but it can happen.

I should note that my nomination part was submitted separately non-DRC and was approved as quickly as most DRC nominations as far as I can tell.

Guest auswannabe
Oh thanks for that!! Very good template! I have bookmarked it :)

Did you add your timeline to it Auswannabe?

We should try and keep it as updated as possible, this will certainly help others

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Hi Lilimary

I am using my phone to access the site and my work computer won't access forums! I work away, but as soon as I get back to my own laptop I will add my timeline.

Guest Undertaker88

Hi everybody,

I lodged my non_DRC application RSMS at Parramatta and received Acknowledgment letter on 2nd September 2011, but siince then there is no news whatsoever, so is there anyone lodged application as me but receive Coe yet? would love to get any advice. thanks

Guest lilimary

Hi Undertaker88,

There is another thread that discuss RSMS applications. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/92786-rsms-timeline-59.html

Here we are all waiting on/discussing ENS applications :)

I think you are better off asking your question there, as ENS and RSMS do not have the same priorities in processing.

PS : waiting since Sep 02, is not very long at all...

Guest Kangaroo23
Hi everybody,

I lodged my non_DRC application RSMS at Parramatta and received Acknowledgment letter on 2nd September 2011, but siince then there is no news whatsoever, so is there anyone lodged application as me but receive Coe yet? would love to get any advice. thanks

Well, Parra is still stuck on 18 May and show no difference between ENS and RSMS. So we can do nothing but waiting...

My DRC app went to Parra on 26th August and a CO was allocated almost 4 weeks ago now, but not heard anything yet.

I thought once you got a CO you were to be contacted within a week? - i may be wrong? possibly mis understood

How did you know you were allocated a CO?

Guest Finchy84
I thought once you got a CO you were to be contacted within a week? - i may be wrong? possibly mis understood

How did you know you were allocated a CO?

My Migration Agent told me, however they didnt think it was worth contacting him until last week but he wont return their calls/emails.

My Migration Agent told me, however they didnt think it was worth contacting him until last week but he wont return their calls/emails.

OH DEAR I HOPE YOU HEAR GOOD NEWS SOON - i'M SAT WAITING TO HEAR IF WE'VE BEEN ALLOCATED A co SO CANT IMAGINE THE FRUSTRATION KNOWING YOU HAVE ONE AND NOT HEARING.

FINGERS CROSSED YOU HEAR SOON

Guest lilimary
My DRC app went to Parra on 26th August and a CO was allocated almost 4 weeks ago now, but not heard anything yet.

That is right, the CO should either ask for more information, or take a decision. In case of a DRC application, the later is usually true since you are supposed to have submitted all the documentation required upfront.

Maybe your application has been allocated to a CO, but he has not come around to have a look at it?

What is your RMA advising?

Guest Finchy84
That is right, the CO should either ask for more information, or take a decision. In case of a DRC application, the later is usually true since you are supposed to have submitted all the documentation required upfront.

Maybe your application has been allocated to a CO, but he has not come around to have a look at it?

What is your RMA advising?

Nothing, that is part of the problem really. I wrote an email complaint to them last week as their communication has been poor. My director is following up with them now as well.

Basically I figure its in a pile with a CO, awaiting to be looked at.

Guest auswannabe
Nothing, that is part of the problem really. I wrote an email complaint to them last week as their communication has been poor. My director is following up with them now as well.

Basically I figure its in a pile with a CO, awaiting to be looked at.

Sounds a bit sus. As someone else mentioned, I thing your CO is supposed to contact you with decision or request within two days. Maybe see if DIAC will confirm it over the phone. I find them quite helpful, although they may refuse to tell you anything as you have an agent.

Guest Finchy84

I dont think they will tell me anything over the phone, so not sure what I can do really.

Can someone post the link from the DIAC website about what happens when a CO has been allocated, cant seem to find it myself...

Edit: Just been told that the Nomination Approval for my role has come through, so apparently my visa should be shortly after now.

Guest NataLibera

Does anyone know, maybe from someone else's experience, how many days it takes to get the 121 visa on your passport in Auckland once you have your visa granted by DIAC?

Guest auswannabe
Oh thanks for that!! Very good template! I have bookmarked it :)

Did you add your timeline to it Auswannabe?

We should try and keep it as updated as possible, this will certainly help others

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Hi again Lilimary

Thanks for adding your timeline to the spreadsheet. It's a really useful tool to keep us all positive (or depress us I suppose!) I have added mine too. Seems like I am a bit short on Perth applicants for a comparison - Paramatta must be working their socks off!

Archived