ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest boulam51
OMG i can't believe it! My visa was approved today, 6 months to the day!!!!!!

Nomination & my Application sent 20th July 2010, got my email today from my migration agent with the approval 20th Jan.

(I think using the global feedback site to complain got my visa picked up and looked at, i sent them a complaint on the 26th December regarding the unfair processing of new visa applications. I don't think it will help complaining unless you've been waiting over the stated time 5 months, or 7 months)

Good luck everyone else, it feels soooooo goood. you'll all get there soon enough biggrin.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Congratulation Buddy!

Guest guest17520

Nomination & my Application sent 20th July 2010, got my email today from my migration agent with the approval 20th Jan.

(I think using the global feedback site to complain got my visa picked up and looked at, i sent them a complaint on the 26th December regarding the unfair processing of new visa applications. I don't think it will help complaining unless you've been waiting over the stated time 5 months, or 7 months)

Good luck everyone else, it feels soooooo goood. you'll all get there soon enough biggrin.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Congratulations!!! 6 months, that's pretty quick!!! :wink:

Congrats! You must feel so relieved.

Well, I made a decision today to not worry about my application until March... my MA said it takes around 5 months for them to look at the nomination so that would put it at March... since I'm not in the medical profession, I doubt my nomination will receive any priority processing and although my visa application is DRC, by March there will probably be a backlog on those applications anyway! So, I put a note for myself in March to follow up then and just forget about it. There's nothing that can be done to speed it up and there's no use in harassing my MA about it either...

Good luck to everyone waiting. I will still lurk on this thread from time to time :)

Hey Kev

Congratulations - that's fantastic news for you :)

After seeing your comment I used the global feedback form yesterday. I am coming up to 7 months and I can't bear this wait anymore ha ha. It can't hurt either.

Anyway once again congrats Kev. Enjoy :biggrin:

Guest PRdesperador

Congraz! ours will be soon.. we believe.......:confused:

Guest guest17520

Good luck to all for next week, I know it's only a 4 day week but let's hope some of us get some good news!!!

:biggrin:

Guest paulandtara

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone would be able to tell me the number to call to speak to the DIAC about my 121 application.

My employer in Perth called immigration last week to ask how long my application was likely to take and was told that I was allocated a case officer on 24th of November, but I haven't received any confirmation of this by email or anything.

I wanted to email my CO but obviously dont have any contact details, so I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me the number to call from the UK.

Tara

Hi Tara, if you go onto the immigration website there is a drop down menu, top right hand side under contact us gives you all the centres of excellence and departmental office details inside and outside Australia. I found the UK one.

London Contact Centre

0906 5508900

Note: Calls cost £1.02 per minute from BT lines (charges for other providers may vary). Callers have the option of either speaking to an operator or listening to recorded information.

Guest boulam51
Good luck to all for next week, I know it's only a 4 day week but let's hope some of us get some good news!!!

:biggrin:

Your C.O should be back this week no?

Guest paulandtara
Hi Tara, if you go onto the immigration website there is a drop down menu, top right hand side under contact us gives you all the centres of excellence and departmental office details inside and outside Australia. I found the UK one.

London Contact Centre

0906 5508900

Note: Calls cost £1.02 per minute from BT lines (charges for other providers may vary). Callers have the option of either speaking to an operator or listening to recorded information.

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the number, I tried calling it but they couldn't help me as my application was lodged at the Perth office, she didn't have a number for me to call them either.

I tried the GSM number to see if they could transfer me or give me another number but I was on hold for 30 minutes and so had to give up!

It is so frustrating, I though things moved pretty quickly once you got a case officer but it seems not!

Tara

Guest monster
Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the number, I tried calling it but they couldn't help me as my application was lodged at the Perth office, she didn't have a number for me to call them either.

I tried the GSM number to see if they could transfer me or give me another number but I was on hold for 30 minutes and so had to give up!

It is so frustrating, I though things moved pretty quickly once you got a case officer but it seems not!

Tara

Hi Tara,

I'm not sure if they have a number wherein you can call if outside of Australia but you can try sending them an online email inquiry about your visa application. I have done it before and someone get back to me via email (looks like not an automated response) about my application though the answer is quite general.

Do you have a copy of your Nomination approval letter because usually (not 100% accurate)in perth diac, the CO who approved the nomination is the same CO who will approve the visa applic unless you did it under DRC (if DRC there's a pool of CO to handle all DRC's). At the bottom of the letter you'll find the name of CO.

Cheers!

Guest crooner

Hi

As a long time lurker here, Im happy to say I got the magic email from my MA this morning for my 856 visa. The day before australia day as well so its beers for me tonight.

My nomination was approved on 12/05/2010 I applied on the 14/09/2010 using an MA via the Melbourne office for an It related job.

One of the girls in the office applied using the new MA - DRC system in early December and got her visa in 2 weeks where as i was a few weeks early for that so was stuck in the queue until now.

To all of you on here still waiting fingers crossed for all of you, has been a very stressful experience watching people apply later than me and get approved while i knew i was stuck in the queue.

Guest Karlos fandango

Does anyone now the "average" time it should take to get your 856 approved once you have had your ens approved, we applied (front-loaded with all documents, medicals, vetassess, police clearances etc, to Perth office on 21 August 2010, our employer nomination was approved exactly 5 months later on the 21st Jan 2011. So it is just the second part to be sorted, which "should" be complete and ready to stamp.....? :unsure:

Guest guest17520
Did you find anything out today?

Yes and no.

I spoke to my new CO who actually called me which was a nice surprise. The main issue with my medical is my kidney's and the fact that some point in my life I will need to go on dialysis. She said that she needs to speak to the medical officer to confirm how much they think my medical costs will be for the duration of my visa i.e. the rest of my life. Once she has found out she will send me a letter explaining the costs and then I have 28 days to respond and explain why I should be allowed to stay.

She said that if the costs are under $100k then they will decide whether I can stay in their office, if it's between $100 - $200k then they will send it to someone else, if it's above $200k then it has to go to someone in Canberra.

I asked how long it would take from now until I get a decision and she said that if it is under $100k then I'll be waiting a couple of months at least.

I have checked out the costs of dialysis and it ranges between $43k to $83k per year so it's definitely not cheap. Once I get the letter through from my new CO, which should be next week, I will show it to a migration agent and get them to tell me what my chances of getting PR are.

So I didn't find out much that I wasn't already aware of but my new CO seems likes she's pretty proactive and hard working unlike my last CO.

Guest paulandtara

I'm not sure who is updating the spreadsheet at the moment but I thought I should let you know that we had our 121 visa granted yesterday. Our timeline is below:

Nomination applied for:- 24/08/10

Nomination approved:- 16/10/10

Visa applied for:- 28/10/10

CO assigned:- 24/11/10

121 Visa granted:- 25/01/11

Thanks to everyone who gave us invaluable advice during our application!

Paul

Guest vickydatious
I'm not sure who is updating the spreadsheet at the moment but I thought I should let you know that we had our 121 visa granted yesterday. Our timeline is below:

Nomination applied for:- 24/08/10

Nomination approved:- 16/10/10

Visa applied for:- 28/10/10

CO assigned:- 24/11/10

121 Visa granted:- 25/01/11

Thanks to everyone who gave us invaluable advice during our application!

Paul

hey Paul

Congratulations!! Bet that feels soo good!! Just wondered where did you apply? I applied at the parramatta office in september and still waiting to be appointed a case officer. Im also a hairdresser!

Guest paulandtara
hey Paul

Congratulations!! Bet that feels soo good!! Just wondered where did you apply? I applied at the parramatta office in september and still waiting to be appointed a case officer. Im also a hairdresser!

We applied to Perth, Tara is due to start work in 5 weeks so it has come through just in time! We didn't even find out that we had a case officer from immigration though, it was only by chance because the salon called them to check how long it was likely to be that we found out. The first contact we had from the office was the grant letter.

Guest vickydatious
We applied to Perth, Tara is due to start work in 5 weeks so it has come through just in time! We didn't even find out that we had a case officer from immigration though, it was only by chance because the salon called them to check how long it was likely to be that we found out. The first contact we had from the office was the grant letter.

wow thats brilliant!! i think the parramatta office are just having a massive backlog!! :-( well enjoy life in oz!!

Archived