ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest smilearchitect

:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::witch-sleeping:

is there a use bothering now

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We waited until our nomination was approved (sent June 10') before we sent our main applications (in jan 11') it took 5 months before approval(so was a bad idea), we were hopefull that the 2nd part would be quicker :laugh: but we've resigned ourselves to the fact now that its gonna be at least another 5 months :arghh: If we're lucky we may get approval 1 year from 1st submission, it's a joke.

Guest AnotherLurker

Alright, my story now:

ENS 856 Nom + App lodged on 16 June 2010 at Parramatta, Non ETA country, IT, on a Bridging A visa right now in Sydney - no CO assigned yet - been over 7.5 months. Had to redo my Police clearance and medicals as they expired last December. Called up Parramatta Center of Parallel Universes (where you get a completely different version of your application each time you call), they said my case has been transferred to Brisbane last October. To add to my woes 2 of my colleagues who lodged their nom + app in September 2010 at Parramatta got CO assigned yesterday. That really p***** me off.

Wrote an email to Global Feedback unit yesterday, no response till now, lets see.

Good Luck to all!

Guest guest17520
We waited until our nomination was approved (sent June 10') before we sent our main applications (in jan 11') it took 5 months before approval(so was a bad idea), we were hopefull that the 2nd part would be quicker :laugh: but we've resigned ourselves to the fact now that its gonna be at least another 5 months :arghh: If we're lucky we may get approval 1 year from 1st submission, it's a joke.

It's best to just forget about it until you get closer to the time when you should get your visa. However, forgetting about it is easier said than done, believe me!

On average I checked my emails once every 10 minutes every day (including weekends) for about 7 months then I gave up checking. It's 10 months since I sent my application and 12 months since my employer sent their's I still don't have my visa.

Sorry if I sound bitter but I am a little fed up.

Good luck and know that you are not the only one feeling the way you do :dull:

I now have 2 C.O allocated... one for the nomination and one for the application

congrats Boulam ! hope it should be pretty quick now ..

wonder what month are they processing...July is what the understanding is ..however yesterday i saw someone saying that 2 cases lodged in sep got allocated ..what a mess !

Guest guest17520
I now have 2 C.O allocated... one for the nomination and one for the application

Ooooh exciting, should hear something soon :biggrin:

Guest boulam51
Ooooh exciting, should hear something soon :biggrin:

When will you heard back about your medical matter? (estimated cost)

Guest guest17520
When will you heard back about your medical matter? (estimated cost)

Supposed to be this week, although my new CO is only part time and I think she was only working Mon and Tues this week so not sure.

Guest boulam51
Supposed to be this week, although my new CO is only part time and I think she was only working Mon and Tues this week so not sure.

Damn... Hopefully very soon my friend.

I am myself sooo over Immigration, paperwork and all that crap. Can't even imagine how you feel as your process is even longer and painful.

Keep good spirit, your day is coming ;-)

Guest Kris Rao

Congrats boulam51. What's your timeline?

Guest boulam51
Congrats boulam51. What's your timeline?

Well it's only allocated, there is not much progress from there ;-)

Applied Nomination + Application on 08/07/2010

Hi All,

Longtime creeper, first time registerer and posterer! Have filled out my details on the spreadsheet. A question or 2...

1.) are Parramatta giving any more credence to 856 applications marked as ''DRC'' (if someone who ISN'T a migration agent would mind answering this!?) as they seem to be in brisbane? or have i misunderstood this for 856? is it only 457 that are being given quicker passes with 856?

2.) i have the receipt for my nomination which was lodged the 18/10/10... am i within my rights to cry foul if i have been waiting 5 months since that date given as an ETA they have told me 5 months until they look at my application? or is it since i lodged my application? (mid january)

3.) does anyone know if floods in queensland and Gillard's comments comments on migration afterwards will affect us 856/121 applicants positively/negatively/neither? as in she said 457 applications for people involved in rebuilding will be fasttracked...does that mean already stretched staff in DIAC will now have to prioritise 457 instead of 856/121?? OR will it mean that the whole department will get more resources and hence speed up? neither?

given i only applied this month, hoping for some sort of fluke to come out of Parramatta and get it earlier than the 7 months which seems standard but realistically i've probably got a LONG road ahead... :confused:

Guest boulam51
Hi All,

Longtime creeper, first time registerer and posterer! Have filled out my details on the spreadsheet. A question or 2...

1.) are Parramatta giving any more credence to 856 applications marked as ''DRC'' (if someone who ISN'T a migration agent would mind answering this!?) as they seem to be in brisbane? or have i misunderstood this for 856? is it only 457 that are being given quicker passes with 856?

2.) i have the receipt for my nomination which was lodged the 18/10/10... am i within my rights to cry foul if i have been waiting 5 months since that date given as an ETA they have told me 5 months until they look at my application? or is it since i lodged my application? (mid january)

3.) does anyone know if floods in queensland and Gillard's comments comments on migration afterwards will affect us 856/121 applicants positively/negatively/neither? as in she said 457 applications for people involved in rebuilding will be fasttracked...does that mean already stretched staff in DIAC will now have to prioritise 457 instead of 856/121?? OR will it mean that the whole department will get more resources and hence speed up? neither?

given i only applied this month, hoping for some sort of fluke to come out of Parramatta and get it earlier than the 7 months which seems standard but realistically i've probably got a LONG road ahead... :confused:

Hey Buddy,

'Official' processing timeframe starts from main application submission and not from nomination. My timeframe as ETA country is also 5 months but I am near 7 months now. If you mention to them you have been waiting more then 5 months, they will only tell you that there is a massive backload and to not expect anything before 6-8 months.

If you submitted your main application as DRC, it is most likely gonna be allocated quicker yes. But that's pretty much the only thing we know. The all thing is unclear at many levels.

Just found out today that the nomination part of our app. Has been sent to Perth. Not sure about our visa though, have emailed them & am waiting for a reply. Maybe it can get approved now!! Has been almost 6 months since both apps applied for!!

Just found out today that the nomination part of our app. Has been sent to Perth. Not sure about our visa though, have emailed them & am waiting for a reply. Maybe it can get approved now!! Has been almost 6 months since both apps applied for!!

which month did you lodge lizzy

Hi everyone,

I've been coming to these forums for the past two years since we submitted our first PR application (175). That has gotten nowhere and last year we submitted another application (856). We just got notified today our PR has been approved. I won't bore everyone with the long wait (I've been in Australia for more than 13 years) but I thought I'd post our timeline because everyone else who posted theirs really gave me comfort over the years.

Documents (nomination and PR) sent to immigration (Parramatta): late October '10

Officially receipted by immigration: 1/11/10

Transferred to Perth office (by immi): sometime in Nov '10

Nomination and PR: approved 27/01/11

Visa type: 856 Management Consultant, ETA country

Approved: 87 days

- Our application was sent with 1 doc missing, so not a DRA, this doc was provided soon after though

- As above, nomination and PR approved at the same time (so no notification about nomination approval)

- We did not receive notification of the assignment of a CO

- Submitted by employer's agent

- We never called / emailed immi to check since I thought it was still to early to do so

If there is anything else anyone wants to know, I'm more than happy to share.

Good luck everyone! :yes:

Guest martin brisbane87

Just got an update from my M.A

Dear abcd,

I have just spoken to the case officer and advised that your application is amongst others that need to be finalised.

Unfortunately he was unable to give me a definite date of when he anticipated to finalise the application.

As you can appreciate it is not wise to push too much and after all the application is within the processing time frames which is 7-9 months.

You can be assured that I will contact you immediately upon receiving un outcome or correspondence from the case officer.

Kind Regards

(856 submited on 29th june ,nomi approved on 5th dec,case officer on 5th jan on application, nothing till now,non eta)

Guest smilearchitect
Hi All,

given i only applied this month, hoping for some sort of fluke to come out of Parramatta and get it earlier than the 7 months which seems standard but realistically i've probably got a LONG road ahead... :confused:[ooook can any body answer me the same question if their is a migration agent lurkin around i would love to hear the view too:goofy::goofy::goofy:]

Guest boulam51
Just got an update from my M.A

Dear abcd,

I have just spoken to the case officer and advised that your application is amongst others that need to be finalised.

Unfortunately he was unable to give me a definite date of when he anticipated to finalise the application.

As you can appreciate it is not wise to push too much and after all the application is within the processing time frames which is 7-9 months.

You can be assured that I will contact you immediately upon receiving un outcome or correspondence from the case officer.

Kind Regards

(856 submited on 29th june ,nomi approved on 5th dec,case officer on 5th jan on application, nothing till now,non eta)

This is so frustrating...

Firstly the 'official' timeframe is still 5-7 months. We have the right to complain after this time. Also, once a C.O is allocated, we should have a clear update on when the case will be finalise OR a request for more documents.

As stated by Immigration themself:

You will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working days of the

employer nomination and/or visa application being allocated, with either

an outcome for decision-ready cases or a request for additional

information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, we are unable to provide you with advice

regarding processing timeframes.

Guest guest17520
This is so frustrating...

Firstly the 'official' timeframe is still 5-7 months. We have the right to complain after this time. Also, once a C.O is allocated, we should have a clear update on when the case will be finalise OR a request for more documents.

As stated by Immigration themself:

You will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working days of the

employer nomination and/or visa application being allocated, with either

an outcome for decision-ready cases or a request for additional

information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, we are unable to provide you with advice

regarding processing timeframes.

I sometimes wonder why they keep sending this email out to people as it's so far from the truth. All this does is just annoy people more when they end up waiting longer than 7 months or they find out they've had a CO for weeks and had no contact.

Seriously the DIAC are the biggest joke of an organisation, couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery. What makes them think it's OK to put people's lives on hold for months and years and not give a damn about it.

If they were a private company doing what they do and there was some competition there's no way they would make any money, they'd be closed after the 1st year of business.

I've really had enough of waiting, it will be at least a year since I applied when I finally get a decision about mine.

:mad:

Archived