ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest smilearchitect
I have been a quiet creeper of this forum...this forum is very helpful to keep updated on all the issues and the timeline for the Visa approval process.I am on a 457 Visa and it's been 21 months with the same employer,I put in an application seeking waiver for 3 yrs work experience requirement and my employer and me both have included submissions for exceptional circumstances as he was facing difficulties finding skilled staffs,so god knows if they look into it and help sort out my visa...did anyone else applied for the skills waiver ???????? can u please let me know how were u treated by the Case Officer ? was it hard convincing them for waiver ?

well my nomination went in on 16th Aug 2010 and my part of the application went in on 19th January 11 both submitted at Parramatta Branch,so am not sure if both of the application is at the same place and be looked after at the same time ????? any idea m8's ?

so stressed of waiting and there's no sign of Nomination approval.

Ohh god Help me !!!!!!

thanks folks

LOOK i have put a waiver too and just got a msg from co that he is looking into the exceptional circumstances part of it.

kindly go back and read the conditions for exceptional circumstance , according to immigration website exceptional means it does not have to be extra oridnary and if in reasonable limits the employer needs you for that particular occupation then it shall be deemed exceptional , so if you have submitted the necessary documentation in writing in best possible terms to the immigration without an y reasonble doubt for them then you application ''shall'' be deemed exceptional:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

so chill , if you have done it , just pray for it dont loose your sleep hope it shall click , till now as i have seen they havent denied ''exceptional' a circumstance if its properly and legally drafted!!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smilearchitect
hey smile...any chance you could tell us how much the legal fees were...im thinking of going down this road myself...PM if you like..

hi m8

legal fees were six thousand aud ,medicals were 375 aud, nomination approval fee was 450 aud and residence fee is 2575 aud and one more thing go for a good agent , trust worthy one , people who have dealt with this before , quiz the agents how you gonna tackle your case , what diff they can make to ur case say it openly (everybody needs $ before they talk) ,

according to me shop around start with the google start calling the first agent use penny talk /voipraider

calling to australian landlines is free;-) so talk using your internet .

tell them you are intrested in paying up with knowing your risks and reasonable chances of ur succeess are..

p.s: my lawyer is melissa haag from haag walker , she suited me and matched my temperment and i liked the way she dealt with immigration and from positive skills assessment to kiwi police clearances she advised whats required to get a outcome and i am happy , because all the other lawyers i have met is money money and money , my lawyer is no different but as long as $ is paid she means business ...so i kept my ego aside and went ahead and am happy!:daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming:

Guest smilearchitect
hi just to tell you all who are :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: waiting ....................

my waiting game is in to 9th month,nomination aproved on 1st december,loadged together on 29th june .............................be patient.................

hi m8, according to immigration law if you have submitted all your documentation you have to have a decision by 5-7 months

so if you have gone beyond the time frame i suggest you escalate the case to grc and get a decision , if and only if their are no complications in your case and you feel the case is presented in the best possible terms!!

:radar::radar::radar::radar:

Guest whinger

Thanks Meatlover and smilearchitect.... @ smilearchitect- might have to come to ur clinic to fix my teeth m8 after u arrive over here....lol

Guest smilearchitect
Thanks Meatlover and smilearchitect.... @ smilearchitect- might have to come to ur clinic to fix my teeth m8 after u arrive over here....lol

ha ha ha ;-) hopefully i will be typical aussie and extract my pound of flesh to cover my

immigration costs;-))))

Guest martin brisbane87
hi m8, according to immigration law if you have submitted all your documentation you have to have a decision by 5-7 months

so if you have gone beyond the time frame i suggest you escalate the case to grc and get a decision , if and only if their are no complications in your case and you feel the case is presented in the best possible terms!!

:radar::radar::radar::radar:

i got my residency today,its after about 8months,lodged 29th june............:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:thanks and good luck who all waiting........................

Guest smilearchitect
i got my residency today,its after about 8months,lodged 29th june............:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:thanks and good luck who all waiting........................

today??? wow gr8 do immigration work on sat??

cngrts cngrts aussie

Guest Kris Rao
today??? wow gr8 do immigration work on sat??

cngrts cngrts aussie

Yes, They are working over time at Parramatta PSE and have heard cases where visas have been granted as late as 2000hrs on week days.

Guest guest17520
Yes, They are working over time at Parramatta PSE and have heard cases where visas have been granted as late as 2000hrs on week days.

Everyone apart from my case officer who only works 3 days a week :mad:

So i've been in the Australian Visa maelstrom for about 2 years now and have recently applied for an 856....naturally straight after i put it in i discover the ''Decision Ready Checklist'' that only a migration agent can do for you and that will have your application seen by a case officer in 10 WORKING DAYS!!!!!!!

Is this too good to be true!? there are people on here absolutely beside themselves (myself included) hanging in there for their PR.....why isn't everybody thinking about a DRC if it means you get seen this quick?? have i missed something? i have emailed Parramatta to find out whether or not it is true you will be allocated a case officer in 10 days when you have a DRC...the usual stock response at first so i replied...no answer yet. so basically if i get an affirmative, im going to withdraw my application and reapply using a DRC...meaning i will have doubled my 2500 odd immi fee, with legal/agent fees to come on top. Once i can actually get the cash together i dont care about the cost though...having PR is a difficult one to actually put a price on but its more than 5 grand thats for sure. 7 months is just too long a wait. Yes i've read all the threads related to this on pomsinoz, i just want to know what peoples views are who are languishing in the spreadsheet and have been for a long time?

Guest smilearchitect
So i've been in the Australian Visa maelstrom for about 2 years now and have recently applied for an 856....naturally straight after i put it in i discover the ''Decision Ready Checklist'' that only a migration agent can do for you and that will have your application seen by a case officer in 10 WORKING DAYS!!!!!!!

Is this too good to be true!? there are people on here absolutely beside themselves (myself included) hanging in there for their PR.....why isn't everybody thinking about a DRC if it means you get seen this quick?? have i missed something? i have emailed Parramatta to find out whether or not it is true you will be allocated a case officer in 10 days when you have a DRC...the usual stock response at first so i replied...no answer yet. so basically if i get an affirmative, im going to withdraw my application and reapply using a DRC...meaning i will have doubled my 2500 odd immi fee, with legal/agent fees to come on top. Once i can actually get the cash together i dont care about the cost though...having PR is a difficult one to actually put a price on but its more than 5 grand thats for sure. 7 months is just too long a wait. Yes i've read all the threads related to this on pomsinoz, i just want to know what peoples views are who are languishing in the spreadsheet and have been for a long time?

look i have been languishing in the pr drama since april 2009 , when i realised i can beat the queue i took the opportunity and put a drc ...s@@@w money , i jus dont wanna have a mental torture every minute ,...i got my case offcier in 2 days and he is lookin at my case since the apst 4 and keepin me updated abt everythng atleast am dying for a week instead of dyin to live every day ......this is my personal opinion

i have a100,000$ student debt to clear and i need this pr ...to clear it off....

this is my decision and i stand b yy it ....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Guest guest17520

It is true and if you have the money and don't mind spending it I would definitely recommend going the DRC route. However, if they get too many DRC applications they may also get a backlog on them...nothing is ever guaranteed with the DIAC.

I applied back in March last year and would have loved to use DRC but unfortunately it only came into effect late last year so it was really too late for me to stop and start again, also I didn't want to spend that much money.

DIAC seem to focus on getting new applications processed quickly rather than processing the people who have been waiting a long time first.

Guest meatlover

I would love paying more to avoid the long wait. But if a waiver is required, for example, experience or health, DRC is not an option. So I still have to wait for 7 months even I have an MA and DRC was available at the time of lodgment.

:arghh:

Guest guest17520
I would love paying more to avoid the long wait. But if a waiver is required, for example, experience or health, DRC is not an option. So I still have to wait for 7 months even I have an MA and DRC was available at the time of lodgment.

:arghh:

Are you expecting to need a waiver for health or experience? I am applying for a health waiver, it's been 11 months since I applied. I am waiting for my CO to send me a letter explaining why I have failed the medical and the costs involved, it's been 5 weeks since she first looked at my application and still nothing.

Guest meatlover
Are you expecting to need a waiver for health or experience? I am applying for a health waiver, it's been 11 months since I applied. I am waiting for my CO to send me a letter explaining why I have failed the medical and the costs involved, it's been 5 weeks since she first looked at my application and still nothing.

yes, and i need both unfortunately and my application was submitted in Nov last year. I honestly don't expect to hear anything from them before June this year yet I still check my emails every 10 mins..... :arghh:

Guest guest17520
yes, and i need both unfortunately and my application was submitted in Nov last year. I honestly don't expect to hear anything from them before June this year yet I still check my emails every 10 mins..... :arghh:

Both? Wow! Good luck with that. Let's hope we both get a decision this year!!

Best thing to do is completely forget about it for a couple of months, stop checking your emails, don't come on here too much etc. That's what I have done in the past, it's hard to do but it will stop you going crazy.

Guest meatlover
Both? Wow! Good luck with that. Let's hope we both get a decision this year!!

Best thing to do is completely forget about it for a couple of months, stop checking your emails, don't come on here too much etc. That's what I have done in the past, it's hard to do but it will stop you going crazy.

Thanks

Good luck to you too

I wish I could get my decision before this Nov when my 457 expires.

Guest CoolSab
It is true and if you have the money and don't mind spending it I would definitely recommend going the DRC route. However, if they get too many DRC applications they may also get a backlog on them...nothing is ever guaranteed with the DIAC.

I applied back in March last year and would have loved to use DRC but unfortunately it only came into effect late last year so it was really too late for me to stop and start again, also I didn't want to spend that much money.

DIAC seem to focus on getting new applications processed quickly rather than processing the people who have been waiting a long time first.

I second Richkoto. Seems DIAC is trying to fill the quote by taking it from the DRC. They are forgetting that there are ppl like us hanging on for a while. What a shame. I have never seen such a Dept in my life. What a shame. :mad:

Guest guest17520
I second Richkoto. Seems DIAC is trying to fill the quote by taking it from the DRC. They are forgetting that there are ppl like us hanging on for a while. What a shame. I have never seen such a Dept in my life. What a shame. :mad:

the problems all started when they decided to do the "fee-free transfer" from other independent permanent visas. They had a backlog of one type of visa and the ENS was getting processed within a few months so they decided to shuffle the backlog around rather than focus on making it smaller.

look i have been languishing in the pr drama since april 2009 , when i realised i can beat the queue i took the opportunity and put a drc ...s@@@w money , i jus dont wanna have a mental torture every minute ,...i got my case offcier in 2 days and he is lookin at my case since the apst 4 and keepin me updated abt everythng atleast am dying for a week instead of dyin to live every day ......this is my personal opinion

i have a100,000$ student debt to clear and i need this pr ...to clear it off....

this is my decision and i stand b yy it ....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Question.... Does your nomination have to have been granted for the DRC to work? If my nomination hasn't been granted does that have to happen first before i can put in my application with a DRC and expect to get a case worker in ten working days?

Guest martin brisbane87
the problems all started when they decided to do the "fee-free transfer" from other independent permanent visas. They had a backlog of one type of visa and the ENS was getting processed within a few months so they decided to shuffle the backlog around rather than focus on making it smaller.

hi can u pls add my details on the spread sheet,i can tfind the link nw............

for martin brisbane applied on 29th june,my details already added but just have to add my approval date ,25th feb........................ thanks richkoto,bulam etc...........

best of luck for all..................:cry::cry:

Hi People,

based on your experience, how long id (in average) Case officer time?

I have received notice from DIMIA on Feb 23th that my application has been allocated to Case Officer.

Thanks,

myga

Nomination lodged: 18/03/2010, approved 02/09/2010

121 ENS Application Lodged: 09/08/2010 - CO Allocated around 23/02/2011

all of my details at

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

(thanks for great spreadsheet!)

Guest guest17520
Hi People,

based on your experience, how long id (in average) Case officer time?

I have received notice from DIMIA on Feb 23th that my application has been allocated to Case Officer.

Thanks,

myga

Nomination lodged: 18/03/2010, approved 02/09/2010

121 ENS Application Lodged: 09/08/2010 - CO Allocated around 23/02/2011

all of my details at

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

(thanks for great spreadsheet!)

That spreadsheet is depressing :cry:

That spreadsheet is depressing :cry:

Hi richkoto, thank you for your reply,

why do you think it ? :))))))

It's useful to understand statistics which DIMIA don't' publish.

Depressing it's long time of process!

Cheers.

Martin

Guest guest17520
Hi richkoto, thank you for your reply,

why do you think it ? :))))))

It's useful to understand statistics which DIMIA don't' publish.

Depressing it's long time of process!

Cheers.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry, it's just depressing for me as I have been waiting the longest on that spreadsheet and I don't think I'll be getting my visa any time soon.

Good luck with your application.

Richard

Archived