ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest CoolSab

Hi

Just want to let you guys know that my visa has been granted today. It took 6 months and 2 weeks. Nevertheless, feeling relaxed. Wish you all get yours soon.

Sab

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi

Just want to let you guys know that my visa has been granted today. It took 6 months and 2 weeks. Nevertheless, feeling relaxed. Wish you all get yours soon.

Sab

Hi Sab,

Cant see you on the spreadsheet, can you advise your timeline including date of Nomination and application applied for?

Guest monster
Bloody RMA's. They charge you a hell lot of money for this and this is what we get.

I was told my application was lodged as DRC but I still haven't got my acknowledgement letter and its been 3 weeks now.

:mad::realmad:

Hi,

I have a mate who lodged his 856 DRC last week of December 2010. It took him around 2weeks to get a CO (considering the holidays). According to the RMA, all DRC applications will not receive any confirmation/acknowledgment letter neither any Client Ref no. or what as DRC applications will be allocated to CO immediately (within 9days ideally) and can be finalised as early as one week. Please be aware that DIAC allocated several COs to handle DRC applications only.

Cheers!

Guest ashish
Hi,

I have a mate who lodged his 856 DRC last week of December 2010. It took him around 2weeks to get a CO (considering the holidays). According to the RMA, all DRC applications will not receive any confirmation/acknowledgment letter neither any Client Ref no. or what as DRC applications will be allocated to CO immediately (within 9days ideally) and can be finalised as early as one week. Please be aware that DIAC allocated several COs to handle DRC applications only.

Cheers!

Hey mate,

Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to find out whether the application was lodged as DRC or not?

Cheers

Guest monster
Hey mate,

Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to find out whether the application was lodged as DRC or not?

Cheers

I reckon you should ask you RMA if they lodged it as DRC. If you agreed with them before engaging their services that you want your application to be lodged as DRC then they should abide to the contract. I dont know if you can get anything from DIAC but try calling the immi hotline and ask them that you want to double check your application as you lodged it as DRC and you have not heard anything yet. If you are lucky, you might get a sound response from immi otherwise, you will get standard answer. No harm in trying mate. I know the feeling 'coz I did it before and I phoned immi for 7 times in 3weeks to check my visa though I made it thru an agent. Fortunately, the last time I phoned them, the Customer service officer accidentally told me that they have just made a decision on my visa application and they emailed the grant letter to my agent. (If you do it via agent, they will not divulge too many information to you, they will course it through your agent). Which office did you send your application mate?

cheers!

Guest CoolSab
Hi Sab,

Cant see you on the spreadsheet, can you advise your timeline including date of Nomination and application applied for?

On 856, Info Tech field, non ETA, submitted on 16-Aug-2010 to P'Matta with all documents fully loaded.. then a long silence................for 6.5 months. Today got confirmation. Both Nomination and Visa approved on same day. (i was abt to call the DIAC today :) )

A frustrating experience... to be honest.....

Sab

Guest ashish
I reckon you should ask you RMA if they lodged it as DRC. If you agreed with them before engaging their services that you want your application to be lodged as DRC then they should abide to the contract. I dont know if you can get anything from DIAC but try calling the immi hotline and ask them that you want to double check your application as you lodged it as DRC and you have not heard anything yet. If you are lucky, you might get a sound response from immi otherwise, you will get standard answer. No harm in trying mate. I know the feeling 'coz I did it before and I phoned immi for 7 times in 3weeks to check my visa though I made it thru an agent. Fortunately, the last time I phoned them, the Customer service officer accidentally told me that they have just made a decision on my visa application and they emailed the grant letter to my agent. (If you do it via agent, they will not divulge too many information to you, they will course it through your agent). Which office did you send your application mate?

cheers!

Hey mate,

Will do. Thanks for that!

Well my application is being processed at paramatta.

Cheers

Guest ashish
Hey mate,

Will do. Thanks for that!

Well my application is being processed at paramatta.

Cheers

Hi Ashish,

DIAC will contact me if they need any clarification, the application has the DRC with it. *We are finding they are currently taking around 3 - 5 months for processing.

Kind regards

Ian

Guest mikeskinner1272

Does anyone know if Parramatta are processing September 2010 Employer applications yet ???

Guest manlybeach

nomination and my application submitted 07/10/10, nomination approved 25/2/11. Visa granted 03/03/11

Parramatta processign center

Guest mikeskinner1272
nomination and my application submitted 07/10/10, nomination approved 25/2/11. Visa granted 03/03/11

Parramatta processign center

Do you mind me asking what your occupation is ???? My sponsor application went in on 19th October 2010. Im going as a solar hot water( plumber).

Cheers

Guest manlybeach
Do you mind me asking what your occupation is ???? My sponsor application went in on 19th October 2010. Im going as a solar hot water( plumber).

Cheers

I am a research & development scientist in the field of cancer diagnostics

Hello all,

Ive not been on in a little while.

How is everyone doing? Been on my perm visa for 3 months now still almost doesnt feel real, went to get a perm res medicare card that was nice only time since getting my visa ive been asked my visa status! It was nice to say "O YES I HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY"

Hope everyone is gettin on well with visas.

Much love

Fluffy

Guest AnotherLurker

Got it!! ENS 856, non DRC, non ETA, Parramatta, Nom+App submitted - 16 Jun 2010, Nom+App approved - 28 Feb 2011.

Cheers

Guest guest17520
Hello all,

Ive not been on in a little while.

How is everyone doing? Been on my perm visa for 3 months now still almost doesnt feel real, went to get a perm res medicare card that was nice only time since getting my visa ive been asked my visa status! It was nice to say "O YES I HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY"

Hope everyone is gettin on well with visas.

Much love

Fluffy

Hey Fluffy,

Good to hear you are enjoying being a PERMANENT resident!! I'm still waiting for mine, over 11 months since I first applied.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your life :biggrin:

Guest aster0910
Hey mate,

Cheers

Hi Ashish, just heard from my MA I have been assigned a CO for my 121 visa in Parramatta Office. Submitted on 9/02/2011 DRC. I think you will get good news soon.

Question.... Does your nomination have to have been granted for the DRC to work? If my nomination hasn't been granted does that have to happen first before i can put in my application with a DRC and expect to get a case worker in ten working days?

It's a little late but my application was submitted with my nomination. My application is DRC but the nomination is not so the DRC 10 day thing will only kick in once/if the nomination is approved. Hope that helps.

Edited to add: also, mine was submitted in Parramatta. The Brisbane centre is the only place that handles DRC applications for the GSM visa plan while 856 DRC's get handled by the office responsible for that state. There was a time last year when Parramatta was overloaded so they moved applications to other centres for processing - nothing to do with DRC/not. You probably spoke to someone who isn't completely familiar with DRC as it was only introduced in October last year and with DIAC, it would appear that there is not a formal structure for sharing information.

Guest mikeskinner1272

Have any ENS 121 sponsor applications submitted in October 2010, been looked at yet ???

Hi All

Been advised by our MA today that Melbourne DIAC are processing applications received around 20th September 2010 ..... waiting, waiting :mad:

Cheers

Guest mikeskinner1272
Hi All

Been advised by our MA today that Melbourne DIAC are processing applications received around 20th September 2010 ..... waiting, waiting :mad:

Cheers

Thanks for that....My application is in Parramatta.....:biglaugh: Long wait ahead..:confused:

Cheers

Guest Kate84

Hi All

PR approved!!!:jiggy:

Lodged: 01st July

Office: Parramatta

Nomination and application sent together.

Guest guest17520

Hi All,

I found out from my CO this week that my wife might have to have another x-ray when she redoes her medical. The problem with this is that she is pregnant so she cannot have an x-ray. The place where she is getting her medical done may be able to use the last one she did in September 2009 if not then she will have to wait until she gives birth in May. If she has to wait until May to have her x-ray then we definitely won’t be getting our visa until after then.

Archived